Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What is your gameplay style?

13...Next

Comments

• Options
    sunspritersunspriter Posts: 125 Member
    Other (let us know how you play)
    telmarina wrote: »
    sunspriter wrote: »
    My gameplay style is starting a new game each time intending to start a legacy, spend an hour or so in CAS, 5+ hours in build, 1 hour in gameplay before getting bored, rushing the marriage/children part then abandoning ship. Repeat cycle endlessly.

That was my gameplay for years, but the building part. I'm really bad at building. I got tired of it and I'm now doing a legacy, taking a lot of screenshots, playing more in speed 1, enjoying their expressions, making stories. It's being cool to change gameplay.

Tell me your secrets, how did you break that cycle?! I’m sooo bored with my play style but I can’t seem to manage to change it. I speed through the boring bits too much that I feel disconnected, or I get ideas for a better family, I keep intending to play how you describe but I fail every time :(
  • Options
    texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    Random legacy challenge
    My gameplay style is starting a new game each time intending to start a legacy, spend an hour or so in CAS, 5+ hours in build, 1 hour in gameplay before getting bored, rushing the marriage/children part then abandoning ship. Repeat cycle endlessly.

That was my gameplay for years, but the building part. I'm really bad at building. I got tired of it and I'm now doing a legacy, taking a lot of screenshots, playing more in speed 1, enjoying their expressions, making stories. It's being cool to change gameplay.

Tell me your secrets, how did you break that cycle?! I’m sooo bored with my play style but I can’t seem to manage to change it. I speed through the boring bits too much that I feel disconnected, or I get ideas for a better family, I keep intending to play how you describe but I fail every time :(

What do you think is making you fail in your attempts?
  • Options
    Random legacy challenge

For me I just got tired. I don't know. But the thing is that I've never tried before to play in a different way. Just this time and it made me fall in love with the game again.
  • Options
    sunspritersunspriter Posts: 125 Member

What do you think is making you fail in your attempts?

For me I just got tired. I don't know. But the thing is that I've never tried before to play in a different way. Just this time and it made me fall in love with the game again.

Ah see I’ve tried many times, always intend for this legacy to last but always get bored in a day or 2 most and move on. I’m tired of that way too but just get bored too quickly I guess. Years ago I used to enjoy watching one family grow, but for the last year or so I just get bored, but not bored enough to not want to go back - I end up playing the game again the next day or week, just feel the need to start over. Blah. Maybe next time it’ll work 🤞🏼
  • Options
    KitsumiKitsumi Posts: 20 Member
    I kind of do a mix of all of the above. I always have a bunch of ideas for Sims, so I tend to create one family, play with them for a few weeks, and then start a new game... probably with a new play style, since I get bored easily haha!
  • Options
    LoriTSpLoriTSp Posts: 451 Member
    Rotational
    I jump between rotational and legacy play. Most recently, I had two sisters from my legacy family that I just couldn't decide on ... I then had them marry local brothers and played them on a rotational basis. Unfortunately, the genetics from both couples were subpar, so, for the moment, I am playing another household until I decide what to do with the sisters.
  • Options
    CupidCupid Posts: 3,623 Member
    i kind of just play the game
    I don't do legacies or challenges and rotational play isn't my dig either
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)
  • Options
    RavenSpitRavenSpit Posts: 1,387 Member
    Rotational
    playing rotational but every householdmember has their story and I build alot.
    I'd say, I love to build the world which includes the people (and animals) in it :smile:
    Gallery ID: ra7orrat

• Options
    FancyNightFancyNight Posts: 35 Member
    I kinda just do what I feel like doing haha.
    But one thing I like to do, is make my main sim do random stuff and explore etc, idk.
    SilentConfusion.png
  • Options
    babajaynebabajayne Posts: 1,866 Member
    Rotational
    I am playing rotationally with 4 households spread throughout 3 worlds. I like rotational play better than my legacy save. I plan out how many days I need to play for each so that by the time I get back to that family, the season will line up with the next season. So right now I play each for 9 days (7-day seasons).

The 4 couples that founded each household came from an asylum challenge-inspired experiment I did. I wanted to see, if left to themselves, who would couple up. Then they moved out and started their own families. They’ve kept in touch via their club and they share exotic harvestables with each other. The next generation coupled up. Now it’s sort of up in the air who they will find to share their genes with. Lots of them are related to each other at this point.

I really enjoy collecting career reward objects in all the households and making “inspired” kitchens and spaces, “focused” rooms, etc.
  • Options
    RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    Rotational
    Rotational storytelling.
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • Options
    SimGuruFrostSimGuruFrost Posts: 55 SimGuru (retired)
    Currently I play legacy style, nothing super complicated. I find it relaxing :)
  • Options
    ItsJanierItsJanier Posts: 884 Member
    It's kinda like Gangnam Style
    But mostly it's a mix of rotational and storytelling. I play with all the families and they have their own little stories going on.
  • Options
    nikki_maevenikki_maeve Posts: 117 Member
    I'm currently playing a legacy game (not for a challenge) but it hasn't become rotational yet because I'm on the first generation and none of the kids have moved out yet. The family I'm playing has quite a few kids (5, once Audrey gives birth). I've never played a rotational game before, so I don't know how well I'll manage 5 different households.
  • Options
    Random legacy challenge
    I'm currently playing a legacy game (not for a challenge) but it hasn't become rotational yet because I'm on the first generation and none of the kids have moved out yet. The family I'm playing has quite a few kids (5, once Audrey gives birth). I've never played a rotational game before, so I don't know how well I'll manage 5 different households.

Looking forward to hear about it! Let us know as soon as you get there
  • Options
    RevenwynRevenwyn Posts: 317 Member
    OK so my game is modded the heck out.

I can't stand watching sims age or die. So my sims don't age. I also have a tendency to play the same games over and over.
    I'm a micromanager. Nothing weird ever goes on in my games and my sims never cheat on each other or anything. They live model Sim lives.
    I choose traits for my sims and basically do every ambition that would work within the parameters of their traits.

Having kids usually destroys my game. There's only been a couple of times where I've had a kid and got them all the way up to young adult and married. Then I feel bad because I can't manage more than a couple of Sims and I don't want to toss them into the cold hard world so I basically quit that game, go play World of Warcraft for a bit and then come back to Sims when I'm bored of that.

And yes... I've made a common ship in World of Warcraft and tried playing them out here in Sims... they're REALLY hard to get together.
    Like my T-shirt? Get it here: Revenwyn's Sims

• Options
    sunblondsunblond Posts: 1,035 Member
    Rotational
    I just recently started a new save game with 3 different households. I play each one for a sim week. It's fun to have different goals, careers, and romances, so I don't get bored with the same ones in the game.
    Origin ID is: sobenewbie