Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Another age after elder

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    JC1979JC1979 Posts: 491 Member
    edited May 2019
    I think they need to do more work on the “adult” stage, since it is missing the middle-age stage. Teens could be more distinctive, true and it should also be worked on also. But I feel there is a huge gap missing between becoming an adult and then suddenly becoming elderly; because honestly, a 30 year old adult is distinctively different from a 50 year old. And I don’t like that when sims become elderly that they all act senile and talking to themselves, “senile” should be a trait that can be picked rather than used as a stereotypical characterization.
  • Options
    mebagl15mebagl15 Posts: 563 Member
    I'm happy with the ages as they are now. I think that the game could use more activities for elders so definitely Elders Pack.
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,579 Member
    LadyKyn wrote: »
    Might wanna look more towards CC for skin details and wrinkles. There's a lot of good ones.

Think the elders look fine really. Not overly old and not too young. If anything I'd like to see a bit more depth added to them. (Least in terms of family) Another life stage for elders sounds real boring if they aren't adding anything to the table. There's more face details for wrinkles and such.

I play with elders since I let my sims age. :)

I'd like your Sim to be in my game. LOL
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    I know quite a few 65 year olds who still go hiking and look pretty young and stuff... I think the elders look like older Elders, not like a ninety-year-old maybe but I think that they look at least in their mid-70s. I wish there was a middle-aged life stage from like 55 to 70 with more stuff to do but they would be retired. As for the team's I think I should be sure to cuz you can't really tell them apart from adults right now. And yes some teens are as tall as adults but some many aren't yet especially at the younger teenagers like 13 Etc. I think it would be nice to have a preteen stage and also a preschooler stage.
  • Options
    mikamika Posts: 1,733 Member
    An age after Elder? I believe that's a ghost, and we have that already
  • Options
    queenvortex808queenvortex808 Posts: 1,033 Member
    I agree! After elder there should be a crippled, old, more pruny, version that can't walk or talk and stares off into the distance. I am not be sarcastic I think this is a wonderful idea! And add major diseases they can get to GTW.
    I play on PS4! Otaku here! From the lands of Canada 🇨🇦
    Haha, you clicked, now you have to read all my Sword Art Online fan fiction!
  • Options
    queenvortex808queenvortex808 Posts: 1,033 Member
    mika wrote: »

Isn't ghost a life form not a form of an age?
    I play on PS4! Otaku here! From the lands of Canada 🇨🇦
    Haha, you clicked, now you have to read all my Sword Art Online fan fiction!
  • Options
    floridameerkatfloridameerkat Posts: 1,190 Member
    edited August 2023
    What would be the point of another version of an elder? They wouldn't have any new interactions or gameplay. They'd just be an even older version of the elder life stage. That seems highly unnecessary.
    Post edited by floridameerkat on
    Gallery ID: floridameerkat
    Family trees:
    Young
    Pearce
    Niner
  • Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,449 Member
    I think we just need some new CAS customization and walk styles. If we had a variety of wrinkles and blemishes in CAS the way we have categories for Vampiric features, it would expand on age appearances. We could have facial lines, more birth marks, dark circles or puffiness for under the eyes, spots and discolorations. Some of these would work well with other age groups too.

New walk styles could include a cane or a limp or other postures and gaits.

Customization is the way to go.
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    OEII1001OEII1001 Posts: 3,682 Member
    mika wrote: »

Isn't ghost a life form not a form of an age?

I believe that Mika was utilizing humor, a quality of speech or text that emphasizes aspects that may be found to be funny, irreverent, amusing or absurd.
  • Options
    Bluefairy286Bluefairy286 Posts: 254 Member
    Isn't the elder life stage, just the adult stage with wrinkles on their face?
  • Options
    AlexaiAlexai Posts: 186 Member
    CaityTrina wrote: »
    I personally don't mind how they look, I'd rather they spent time making teens shorter than all YA.

So in other words you want "pre-teen" life stage since teens IRL are in reality the same size as adults.

As for an older look as an elder, you can do that in CAS and clothing. You can expand their life length with the youth potion. IRL many 80 year old do not look that different from a 65 year old. Elders only start to look really different when they are sickly.

I beg to differ. There's a huge difference between a 65 year old and an 80 year old. It's a rare 80 year old who does not look elderly while those in their 60s can look somewhat youthful.
  • Options
    AlexaiAlexai Posts: 186 Member
    Speaking as someone who just turned 64, I think the Elders look far too old upon morphing into that stage. I have a few white hairs, so far, but my transition is very slow. Now, maybe I'm lucky or just have great genes, but not everybody looks 83 when they turn 65. Not all are bent over, either. Some of us experience joint aches, true enough, but I would consider myself far from decrepit. It would be wonderful to be able to have various hair styles with a more gradual graying/whitening of the hair. Slow the walk, perhaps, but do not necessitate the using of a cane. I think a younger more vibrant age for the newly turned Elder should come before the one we have now. Already, I've changed back the hair color on one Sim, and left his beard gray. My own hubby sports a beard and that's what has turned gray. So far, it's hard to find any in his hair!

I do agree that teens need to be fixed, first, however.

This. Elders are a diverse group like all others.
  • Options
    Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    Speaking as someone who just turned 64, I think the Elders look far too old upon morphing into that stage. I have a few white hairs, so far, but my transition is very slow. Now, maybe I'm lucky or just have great genes, but not everybody looks 83 when they turn 65. Not all are bent over, either. Some of us experience joint aches, true enough, but I would consider myself far from decrepit. It would be wonderful to be able to have various hair styles with a more gradual graying/whitening of the hair. Slow the walk, perhaps, but do not necessitate the using of a cane. I think a younger more vibrant age for the newly turned Elder should come before the one we have now. Already, I've changed back the hair color on one Sim, and left his beard gray. My own hubby sports a beard and that's what has turned gray. So far, it's hard to find any in his hair!

I do agree that teens need to be fixed, first, however.

^This!

I'm rapidly approaching 60 myself and have not found one gray or white hair yet. Whereas, Hubby will be 60 later this year, is almost bald and his hair is totally gray. He is still very active and not even close to acting like an elderly man. We both do get a few more aches than when we were younger and need glasses now, but other than that, I personally don't feel or act much different than when I was in my 20-30s. I don't consider myself elderly, my Mother was elderly.

So, I agree we don't need another elderly stage, what we need is the stages we have now to be more gradual in the appearance of age, especially adult to elder. I do this myself as best I can now thanks to the facial features and hair colors offered in the game.

It annoys me when my vibrant, still physically fit and active adult turns to the elder stage and BOOM, cracked back, saggy breasts, gray hair etc. It's a much too drastic and sudden change for immersion. I always lift their breasts, straighten their backs, change the hair color to the only two mix of gray and normal color choices we have and later on in the elder stage I'll gradually make them look older, as they should. But there's nothing I can do about the silly cracked back animation or the senile animations.

Those are fine for truly elderly Sims as they approach a visit from Grim. Give them the canes then, but not before. Even then though, not ALL elders are that decrepit, even in their 80s. Elders have a wide variety of physical and emotional characteristics for this stage of life.

The elder stage in TS4 as it is now has always felt way too stereotypical and insulting to me. It's almost ageism in my opinion. Just my two cents...

Happy Simming! <3