Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Good and Evil

drakharisdrakharis Posts: 1,478 Member
edited April 2019 in The Sims 4 Game Feedback
I would love to see an overhaul of good and evil done as a pack. The evil sims really lack being evil. I am not saying we need to tie sims to chairs and start a waterboarding session courtesy of the evil sims banning together just for fun. But even D- Dastardly is more evil and Entertaining. Take a cue from evil in cartoons or the CW and Gotham. I would love having a villain like Villian Deku with the All Might Spark. They should make people sad, steal candy from babies, steal a bone from a dog, dangle a fish over a cat and other interactions for evil. "I'm glad their dead" or utter happiness when they hear about someone dying or witness a death.

[img][/img]UBDCD09.png

With that said Good needs an overhaul too. There should be aspirations just for good Sims. Aspirations like Philanthropist, Save the World, United in Peace Change an evil sim's way and so onThere are not. Even Dudley Do-Right is more impressive good than our good sims. Again take a cue from cartoon good and again the CW with all the hero shows like Black Lightning, Super Girl The Flash The Legends of Tomorrow. Good should stand up to an evil sim and inspire others to do so.

Evil should be able to corrupt others while good should be able to bring people back, make them see the light and bring about change in a positive way.

This is the least offensive video I could find for "When You're Evil" by Voltaire

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QxJrjV4PNXA
Playtesting - not just tabletop games and card games any more. Really that should have been playtested in Beta and not [img]just with accounting and marketing but actual players. https://i.imgur.com/t48COW6.jpg[/img]

Comments

• Options
    RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    Pretty much all my Sims are Good. It would be fun for that to have more meaning in game, or to have different varieties of Good (Friend of the Unpopular, Always a Nice Word, or other traits).
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • Options
    SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
    "No one loves you when you're evil" That trait could make every Sim he meets run away?

I've always wanted a sliding scale for my Sims for this, rather like the weight and bodytype scales we have now.
  • Options
    littlemissgogolittlemissgogo Posts: 1,808 Member
    I really agree about adjusting the Evil trait. I've never liked seeing my evil sims mourn the deaths of strangers, especially when they're responsible for it. . .
    6riwm5.png
  • Options
    PlainevilPlainevil Posts: 221 Member
    I really agree about adjusting the Evil trait. I've never liked seeing my evil sims mourn the deaths of strangers, especially when they're responsible for it. . .

Must admit I find it strange that Good and Evil Sims spend there lives mourning, if a grave is on the lot. I much preferred my evil Sims from Sims 3 where 1 gone wrong social would want them to see there ghost instead. Which seems much more fitting for evil Sims.
  • Options
    superkyle221superkyle221 Posts: 1,119 Member
    I don't think there's any such thing as good and evil, not really. I think we perceive certain things, and what really matters, no matter where you stand, is what way you face.
    I don't remember how to change my signature.
  • Options
    MMXMMX Posts: 4,428 Member
    edited June 2019
    I don't think there's any such thing as good and evil, not really. I think we perceive certain things, and what really matters, no matter where you stand, is what way you face.
    That honestly sounds like wishful thinking.
  • Options
    drakharisdrakharis Posts: 1,478 Member
    I think some people don't believe in good or evil that is fine. Everyone has their beliefs.

Playtesting - not just tabletop games and card games any more. Really that should have been playtested in Beta and not [img]just with accounting and marketing but actual players. https://i.imgur.com/t48COW6.jpg[/img]
  • Options
    nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    This is good, but don't we already have a good aspiration? Friend of the World?

Also...
    Just from reading your comparisons, I can tell you're a DC fan. And this is what I have to say about it:
    giphy.gif
    No offense, just putting my opinion out there.
    funny-gifs20.gif

• Options
    MMXMMX Posts: 4,428 Member
    edited June 2019
    drakharis wrote: »
    I think some people don't believe in good or evil that is fine. Everyone has their beliefs.
    No offence, but I just can't take such a belief seriously considering about how certain types of people are. I'm not going to name examples, but I think you know what I mean.

But if you want to believe that, then so be it.
  • Options
    AprilDawnAprilDawn Posts: 795 Member
    Yes, what happened to the good old days of Sims 2 (that did not even have traits)? When a sim hated another sim, they got the want to see their ghost or feed them to a cow plant and drink them!
  • Options
    GordyGordy Posts: 3,022 Member
    The good vs evil argument might not work in real life, where people have more dimensions to them. But in terms of a fictional universe like The Sims, things can totally be black and white. It'd actually make sims more entertaining if they could be cartoonishly good or evil.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • Options
    MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    I don't think they should have made a general "Good" and "Evil" Trait.
    What I deem as Evil is you have to be Manipulative at best. Willing to do what ever it takes, no matter who you screw over, you will always be able to justify your own motives.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • Options
    CupidCupid Posts: 3,623 Member
    edited June 2019
    Good, Evil, and Bro are a set of traits that focus on adding moodlets when the sim is in the company of certain other types of sims. I do like the concept of that because it combines nicely with other traits that function differently. I think the execution is off (but that's no different from most of the other traits), and the names of these traits make them misleading. But I wouldn't want them to abandon that concept completely.
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)
  • Options
    OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 5,000 Member
    AprilDawn wrote: »
    Yes, what happened to the good old days of Sims 2 (that did not even have traits)? When a sim hated another sim, they got the want to see their ghost or feed them to a cow plant and drink them!

Since they decided to make the game as superficial as possible. In TS2 sims had much better developped personalities and there were consequences to their actions, regardless of type. I remember one time when poor Oberon Summerdream hosted an intown welcoming outing for my sim. In an effort to be reconciling he had both old man Monty and a Capp as part of it. Messy. Very messy, very quickly. On the whole, how your sim treated others impacted how they treated you.