Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Odd extra notification for sim's death

alexjoanrowwalexjoanroww Posts: 63 Member
So as I was playing, a sim that was a distant relative. While deleting notifications,I came a cross a weird notification that I haven't seen before. It had sign like the one below on the side and had to do with the dead sim but I didn't have time to read cause I accidentally deleted it. It wasn't the regular "Mary is mourning because John died" notification although I got one of those as well. I got a third one that said that one of my sims that had the opportunity to write the dead sim's autobiography couldn't anymore. Has anyone ever gotten a notification like this and if so,what did it say?

u4qUoUGl.gif

Comments

• Options
    KeiomestreKeiomestre Posts: 195 Member
    Did this sim live alone? Maybe it was a notification about children being left alone after the sim died, so they will be taken by social services next day.

But I’m just guessing. I usually get exclamation mark notifications when a sim dies saying that their inventory will be put on the family inventory, but that should only happen for the current active family.
    ..... ..... ..... ..... My favorite Sims 3 family: THE ENFADONHOS!..... ..... ..... .....
    Vgfhu74.jpg
  • Options
    Keiomestre wrote: »
    Did this sim live alone? Maybe it was a notification about children being left alone after the sim died, so they will be taken by social services next day.

But I’m just guessing. I usually get exclamation mark notifications when a sim dies saying that their inventory will be put on the family inventory, but that should only happen for the current active family.

He lived with his adult son,so no kids. Right,I had forgotten about the inventory notification. Could it be a glitch because that sim used to live in the active household until he was young adult?
  • Options
    AuroraskiesAuroraskies Posts: 1,834 Member
    If my controlled sim has a good relation to a sim that is about to die and is not living in the active household they will get a notification 24 hours before their death that it is about to happen. I do not remember the sign though, but that could be explained by observation skills..
  • Options
    If my controlled sim has a good relation to a sim that is about to die and is not living in the active household they will get a notification 24 hours before their death that it is about to happen. I do not remember the sign though, but that could be explained by observation skills..

I get that one too but it's usually blue and has a phone sign on the side. Also that notification came at the same time with the other ones.
  • Options
    KevinL5275KevinL5275 Posts: 2,489 Member
    Your sim had the opportunity to write a biography, but since that sim was dead, you were not able to complete that opportunity any more.
    I'm a 48 year old married man, with a beautiful wife, a cat, and a simverted personality.My Sims 3 Pictures
  • Options
    KevinL5275 wrote: »
    Your sim had the opportunity to write a biography, but since that sim was dead, you were not able to complete that opportunity any more.

But I got another notification saying that as well. Is it typical to get 2 notifications for that?
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    Is there a way to go back to a previous save and play it again?
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    JoAnne65 wrote: »
    Is there a way to go back to a previous save and play it again?

I did that but it didn't happen again.
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    Oh, ugh, that’s too bad.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    KeiomestreKeiomestre Posts: 195 Member
    Keiomestre wrote: »

He lived with his adult son,so no kids. Right,I had forgotten about the inventory notification. Could it be a glitch because that sim used to live in the active household until he was young adult?

I think it could be a glitch with the inventory notification. The game likes to glitch when sims move from the active household. I once moved a teenager to spend a "summer break" at her grandpa's home and he hired a butler while she was there. When she moved back, I kept receiving notifications about the weekly pay of the butler, even though he was hired and getting paid at another household. :#
    ..... ..... ..... ..... My favorite Sims 3 family: THE ENFADONHOS!..... ..... ..... .....
    Vgfhu74.jpg