Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Is it possible to spread the infection to other worlds?

I've been thinking in creating an apocalypse save, spreading the infection, and having sims living in bunkers and junkyards. Something like The Sims meets The Walking Dead.

Is it possible to spread the infection? Will the bizarre fruit affect sims outside StrangerVille?

Comments

• Options
    AriaMad2AriaMad2 Posts: 1,380 Member
    I infected Eliza Pancakes while in Willow Creek, so my guess is yes you can.
    F€€Ł ŦĦ€ ŴΔV€ ØF ŞØỮŇĐ, ΔŞ ƗŦ ĆŘΔŞĦ€Ş ĐØŴŇ

ĴØIŇ UŞ ĆØŇŞUΜ€ ŦĦ€ FŘUIŦ ØF ŦĦ€ ΜØŦĦ€Ř ΔŇĐ KŇØŴ P€ΔĆ€
  • Options
    GageaGagea Posts: 1,275 Member
    But the infection won't spread by itself. You'll have to give fruits to every single sim.
  • Options
    wrenstaleswrenstales Posts: 777 Member
    As well as giving fruits, plant the bizarre plant in different places and let them grow.
  • Options
    invisiblgirlinvisiblgirl Posts: 1,709 Member
    wrenstales wrote: »
    As well as giving fruits, plant the bizarre plant in different places and let them grow.

I'm trying to grow a perfect bizarre fruit in Newcrest, and although the plant is progressing along nicely, it has yet to give me any fruit. Either there is something wonky in my game (no mods or cc, but I haven't tried to repair my game), or they only produce fruit in Strangerville.
    I just want things to match. :'(
  • Options
    GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    Even though I heard from Gurus the the infection is supposely confined to the Neighborhood in the pack and I may be wrong on that part but if true the intent of confining the infection to just that neighborhood is false and for me shows the developer may not have an handle on it but for some this may an good thing and for some not so good.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Options
    Goldmoldar wrote: »
    Even though I heard from Gurus the the infection is supposely confined to the Neighborhood in the pack and I may be wrong on that part but if true the intent of confining the infection to just that neighborhood is false and for me shows the developer may not have an handle on it but for some this may an good thing and for some not so good.

Well, if players can deliberately spread it to other worlds by giving Sims bizarre fruits to eat, that's a good thing, as I see it. If you don't want it in other worlds, it stays nicely within the Strangerville world. If you do, you've got that option.
  • Options
    SereneMossSereneMoss Posts: 128 Member
    this is a cool idea. love the resident evil vibe. lol the plumbob corporation, jill pancakes saves the day lol
  • Options
    GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    Goldmoldar wrote: »

Well, if players can deliberately spread it to other worlds by giving Sims bizarre fruits to eat, that's a good thing, as I see it. If you don't want it in other worlds, it stays nicely within the Strangerville world. If you do, you've got that option.

Yes it is but at the same time it is an double edged sword.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Options
    WallSims4everWallSims4ever Posts: 755 Member
    SereneMoss wrote: »
    this is a cool idea. love the resident evil vibe. lol the plumbob corporation, jill pancakes saves the day lol

OMG I LOVE THIS
  • Options
    SereneMossSereneMoss Posts: 128 Member
    SereneMoss wrote: »

OMG I LOVE THIS

hehe thanks im a dork so i always think of silly stuff
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    If you spread this to other towns do other Sims know there is something wrong with those infected? Or is is all fluff?
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    I am experimenting with the idea, I have handed fruit to some from other worlds. My Sim planted a bizarre fruit and growing it. I have patchy the scarecrow in the garden as well. It should be intresting to see what happens.
  • Options
    _starfrog_starfrog Posts: 84 Member
    i was curious about this, too! i infected some of my sims from other worlds by having them straight eat the bizarre fruit - but i haven't seen them show up - yet - walking around in my strangerville (or any other local) community (which is what i was hoping).
    still using fabric softener
  • Options
    I am experimenting with the idea, I have handed fruit to some from other worlds. My Sim planted a bizarre fruit and growing it. I have patchy the scarecrow in the garden as well. It should be intresting to see what happens.

In another world? Have you got any fruit from from it? (I'm still waiting for mine to produce fruit.)
  • Options
    marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member

I'm trying to grow a perfect bizarre fruit in Newcrest, and although the plant is progressing along nicely, it has yet to give me any fruit. Either there is something wonky in my game (no mods or cc, but I haven't tried to repair my game), or they only produce fruit in Strangerville.

you can always cheat to make the plant grow faster ;)
    Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• Options
    My plant grew after I woke moma plant, then after I asked for weirdness my home plant disappeared back to when it was first planted.