Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Would you rather want one big university world, or multiple smaller ones?

The Sims 4's version of the popular university expansion pack theme hasn't still been announced, but since the theme is so popular there is a high chance that it will come at some point, maybe even this year. And with a university pack there would obviously be a brand new world, this time themed around the theme of the pack, universities. So I'm going to ask this simple question...

Would you rather have one big university world with one single theme, like in The Sims 3: University Life, or would you rather want multiple (about two or three) smaller worlds with different themes (e.g. Willow Creek themed university and Oasis Springs themed university) like in The Sims 2: University, which had three university worlds based around the three worlds in The Sims 2 base game.

And by "big" I mean around 20-30 lots and with "small" around 10-20 lots.

Would you rather want one big university world, or multiple smaller ones? 114 votes

One big world with one theme.
30%
Akl500Ptams2578GumbyLaBlue0314alexspoom13SimburianAnmirlaMagdaleenaloubylouloumarcel21mlmeadowssimgirl542simmietimeLemon405mariajane216lenorcaMasonGamerdoedearRedShoe7loutredor 35 votes
Multiple smaller worlds with different themes.
49%
geminiagreicmnfrshGalacticGalalan650111SimpatsyannmcruddIsb917EmoFlowersluthienrisingNivyxVageniusMindofyN0NoTToN0NLihtarukJennyggCinderellimouseSimsister2004ashcrash19wamayeliRamblineRose 56 votes
I don't care. I just want university.
20%
Kita5399Mizz_TriceyMariefoxprice83jimbbqstilljustme2taydevstarberrykissxalimafionDeajkRavager619LatinaBunnyInternal_ChaosMgalbAirakalewheelochStormSnitch920peragogoSimsandraizecsonnerdfashion 23 votes

Comments

• Options
    citysimmercitysimmer Posts: 5,950 Member
    I want to be able to build our own universities as well.
    Proud black simmer 🖤
    MfVGMbL.jpg

• Options
    MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    edited March 2019
    One big world and be able to convert another existing world into a Campus if I wanted too. and convert the "University" world into a normal world. although, I would like to see Concept Art
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • Options
    nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    edited March 2019
    I don't care. I just want university.
    I really don't need worlds. I just need a way to get my sims EDUCATED!
    funny-gifs20.gif

• Options
    3KNPen3KNPen Posts: 2,825 Member
    My dream would be to have different college types to choose from just like in real life most universities at a high enough level have a focus to them. Yes they all teach everything but what you want to major in makes you apply to different schools based on what their best program is (like some are more Science or Technology based, some have an Arts base, ect ect) I would also like some schools to be harder to get into and have the chance of not having good enough grades/skills in something actually effect if you can get into a school rather then it just effecting how much money you get off.

If this is too complicated I'd at least like to be able to choose between several different schools ala Sims 2 to staves off some of the boredom of having to repeat the same environment with multiple gens. Or at the very least have school buildings be something that we can change so that we can change up the environment ourselves a bit.
    ~ ~ ~
  • Options
    HCSauHCSau Posts: 506 Member
    edited March 2019
    I actually remember being a little disappointed that TS2 had given me the choice whereas TS3 didn't. I would prefer two or three destinations that were worlds. I hope scholarships are in this installment's EP. That way, teens would have to keep up their grades. I really hope a university pack comes very soon. As for the worlds, I would hope that you could still visit the other campuses for parties and visiting friends etc.
    Post edited by HCSau on
    HSau :)
  • Options
    MoonSimMoonSim Posts: 102 Member
    I think it would make sense to have multiple universities, like there are in real life. Maybe sim celebrities can even pay their kids' way into being accepted at the colleges like real life too..... :D
  • Options
    CaityTrinaCaityTrina Posts: 555 Member
    Hmm. I figured what I expect/want would be like a mix of both. A biggish world with maybe 4 or 5 "hoods", ones like the downtown for sims with student union bar, library, main hall (graduation place):

The other four hoods, each but one (save the last for normal living in houses off campus? maybe a lot trait for a sorority or frat house ) has a "dorm" lot, with varying quality (cheaper options are small and force you to have allocated roommates but the most expensive ones allow you to bunk alone, or choose your roommate.)

Different "faculty" /campus building grouping certain majors in each hood and that's the building those students attend for class. Like
    Creative faculty for fashion, architecture, art, music, culinary, drama etc
    STEM faculty (high tech modern) for IT, mathematics, medicine, psychology, sports science, biology etc
    written word(there's a better name but I mean) English literature, poetry, journalism, a new language etc
    business-y
    Law, history, economics, Accountancy, marketing, communications etc

You get the idea
    By this I'm expecting... One big 25 lot world
    caitytrina.png
  • Options
    ArialisimsArialisims Posts: 120 Member
    It would be great to have options, like the party school, the ivy league, city, small private uni, online college etc
    VbXPSzu.png
  • Options
    ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    I only need 1 actual university Sims can go to and also the ability to study from home at a computer. I would also like the ability to go to class like a rabbit hole type deal without having to travel with my Sim all the time. My final request would be to have Sims live at home while they attend school as an option and not be forced to live in the university world.
  • Options
    marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    had enough of small worlds, having one bigger would be nice :)
    Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• Options
    SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
    edited March 2019
    I expect that they will go with the one world as they did with Get Famous unless we get choices of University or General education types. It would be good if they could unlock spaces in the existing worlds to place them though, to replace some of those unlivable houses.
  • Options
    LihtarukLihtaruk Posts: 271 Member
    edited April 2019
    Give us educational reforms!
    I would also like schools option as well, where kids can stay behind and play soccer or on playground, or maybe go to library and do homework. Kind of feel like big portion of game missing
    Post edited by Lihtaruk on
  • Options
    MindsimscreateMindsimscreate Posts: 414 Member
    Multiple ones that offer scholarships to A students and then you get to pick.. just like real life..
  • Options
    texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    None of the above.
    I would prefer if a campus was integrated in a world. Or even better, if several campus with different approaches were integrated in several worlds. I don't think that a whole world needs to be completely oriented to university. I think that, as irl, some worlds have a campus and others don't. And sims should apply to the university that they want, considering that unis could have different courses and work different subjects and skills.
  • Options
    VittaVitta Posts: 26 Member
    If we're bound to get a campus centered around a single world, I'm expecting it to be filled with unnecessary lots that I often end up not using. That would probably mean it'd force us to enroll in only one University and I'd sure love to have more than an option.

Multiple worlds with low amount of residential/community lots would be fine, as long as we can:
    • Travel between campuses.
    • Attend specific campus activities.
    • Ability to change campuses between semesters. I.E: From Simvard (W1) to Simford (W2).
    • Have at least: A Bar, Library, GYM and dormitory options.

However given the recent efforts of the worlds and lot designs, I'm inclined to think a single world with minimum two different campuses.

• Options
    wamayeliwamayeli Posts: 147 Member
    Going by past EPs in Sims 4, I'm afraid that if we do get a University pack, we will end up with one small world. :(
  • Options
    Meguru_YukkiMeguru_Yukki Posts: 6 New Member
    It would be great to have multiple universities, where some are harder to get into than others. But who are we kidding, I'd bet you we'll only end up getting one. Still it's better than nothing!
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,641 Member
    In this country there are multiple universities. I very much like the notion of having smaller neighborhoods for such. More like Sims2.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/