Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Best Food In Town question

Hello, my friends. :)

I've been playing the game again recently...and am having an issue, I think, with the Best Food in Town quest. The quest wants your Sim celeb to talk up a restaurant, but first you need to eat at it.

Is there a certain number of times that you must eat at it?

The quest itself doesn't say, and I've eaten there twice since starting it. But the message never changes, "Eat at restaurant." What gives? Do I need to eat there 3, 4, or 5 times? Do I need to bring a date? Anyone have ideas? I honestly don't recall this being an issue previously.

Comments

• Options
    SimarchangelSimarchangel Posts: 264 Member
    edited February 2013
    This is gonna sound obvious, but are you eating at the right one...? I know I had to ditch that opportunity myself once because it actually pertained to a restaurant that wasn't even present in the hood...!

Otherwise, I guess you don't get the 'promote restaurant' interaction when talking with other sims? In which case it's probably stuck... :(
  • Options
    AXYY-CMG4-JL99-GAXYY-CMG4-JL99-G Posts: 119 New Member
    edited February 2013
    The same thing happened to me..I did not get a que to tell another Sim about the restaurant..WHAT GIVES
  • Options
    NekovivieNekovivie Posts: 62 New Member
    edited February 2013
    I suppose that's possible, and the the glitch is in the game. I'm going to the one that is starred. But I'll double check on the name.
  • Options
    knt1229knt1229 Posts: 2,227 Member
    edited February 2013
    This opportunity no longer works for me either. I think it is broken and has been for quite some time, now.
  • Options
    jericho13jericho13 Posts: 960 New Member
    edited February 2013
    It's important that when you go to eat at the restaurant, you use the correct option. It should be highlighted in gold, instead of the normal blue.

You have to eat at the restaurant alone for it to count. I had trouble with this task once, because I kept taking my sim's whole family to the restaurant, and that doesn't count.

So, make sure you're at the correct restaurant (should be a star on it in map view), look for the gold action, and only do that.

My sim gets this opportunity about once a week in my current game, which is a bit absurd because he owns the restaurant giving him the opportunity.
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    The thing is the gold option no longer shows up. The opportunity is broken for me and apparently it's broken for the OP too.

The opportunity has been around since the base game and it used to work just fine for me. But, over the past few EP's and patches it has stopped working.
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    edited February 2013
    You also have to have a good relationship with the Sim you're promoting the restaurant to before the option pops up -- high acquaintance at least if not actual friend. So if you meet a new Sim you'll have to talk to them for a while before you can promote the restaurant. (Now that I keep celebrity turned off I haven't seen that opportunity for a while -- thank goodness.)
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    You also have to have a good relationship with the Sim you're promoting the restaurant to before the option pops up -- high acquaintance at least if not actual friend. So if you meet a new Sim you'll have to talk to them for a while before you can promote the restaurant. (Now that I keep celebrity turned off I haven't seen that opportunity for a while -- thank goodness.)

The gold option to eat at the restaurant not the gold option to promote the restaurant. The opportunity is broken for some people so even though you eat at the restaurant you don't get the second request to promote the restaurant to other sims. The game acts like you never even ate at the restaurant because the original request stays there even after you eat at the restaurant.
  • Options
    NekovivieNekovivie Posts: 62 New Member
    edited February 2013
    That's exactly it. I've eaten at the restaurant twice, but yes, as noted, it wasn't gold. So I waited for it to become gold and it never did. Nor are there any hours for it.

I'm still on the "eat at restaurant" part and not the "promote restaurant" part. Frustrating. I hate canceling opportunities.
  • Options
    missarahmtmissarahmt Posts: 23
    edited January 2014
    Has anyone figured this out....? I'm having this problem right now. :-(
  • Options
    klgentryklgentry Posts: 1 New Member
    edited June 2014
    I realize I am uber-late to this converstion, but I had the same problem as OP. I just cancelled the opportunity and then it came up again later. The second time around it worked with the yellow/gold option to "eat here". Hope this isn't too late to help someone out there. :)
  • Options
    ChimarkChimark Posts: 2,166 Member
    edited June 2014
    The same thing happened to me..I did not get a que to tell another Sim about the restaurant..WHAT GIVES

This happens to me on occasion. I just assume it's a gltich and I cancel the opportunity when it comes up. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. I've had two Sims in the same family, it works for one but not the other.

I wonder if it's related to a Sims traits, whether it works or not.
  • Options
    skila22skila22 Posts: 1 New Member
    I can get the second opportunity after eating at the restaurant but it does not change when I promote the restaurant around town even though I am friends with the sims
  • Options
    igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    skila22 wrote: »
    I can get the second opportunity after eating at the restaurant but it does not change when I promote the restaurant around town even though I am friends with the sims
    One of the many things that goes wrong with that one happens when the restaurant is a combo lot with another rabbit hole (example, restaurant/business building). The combo lots tend to break most if not all of the opportunities that involve them. Some players take the time to replace their combo lots with standalones in Edit Town, to the extent they can fit new lots into the world they are playing. For those not averse to using mods, NRaas Overwatch now fixes most of the issues that the combo lots can cause.

Of course if the restaurant in question already was a standalone lot or you are already using the latest version of Overwatch, then this isn't it and something else is going wrong there.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • Options
    TheHopeDestinyTheHopeDestiny Posts: 4 New Member
    You can promote by clicking on a member of the paparazzi!
  • Options
    EA_RtasEA_Rtas Posts: 2,875 EA Community Manager
    Please don't necropost in old threads. I'm going to go ahead and close off this thread now as it has been inactive since last January, If you have any questions about necroposting you can read this thread here : Necroposting
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top