Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

found the laptop I want finally..

CrazyboutTheSimsCrazyboutTheSims Posts: 2,739 Member
Post edited by CrazyboutTheSims on

Comments

• Options
    ChelleJoChelleJo Posts: 7,087 Member
    Nope, never heard of them. Personally, I wouldn't drop 1500 on a name that isn't super well known. Not to mention.. it only has one review, so they aren't some elusive brand name I just haven't heard of.

AHQ is where everyone takes their tech talk. I guess you could probably go to off topic chat for it, too, here on the forums. But I'd seen people asking for advice on building over at AHQ.
    p8L4V6v.png
  • Options
    ChelleJo wrote: »
    Nope, never heard of them. Personally, I wouldn't drop 1500 on a name that isn't super well known. Not to mention.. it only has one review, so they aren't some elusive brand name I just haven't heard of.

AHQ is where everyone takes their tech talk. I guess you could probably go to off topic chat for it, too, here on the forums. But I'd seen people asking for advice on building over at AHQ.

I have been looking for a laptop to play my sims on, I'm getting tired of having to stay in the room my desktop is in.. never had a laptop because I thought it couldn't handle the sims..
  • Options
    ChelleJoChelleJo Posts: 7,087 Member
    ChelleJo wrote: »

I have been looking for a laptop to play my sims on, I'm getting tired of having to stay in the room my desktop is in.. never had a laptop because I thought it couldn't handle the sims..

Well, that one you linked has great specs, the SSD is on the small side. Personally, I'd want at least a 500GB SSD in addition to the 1TB HDD, but otherwise, good specs. MSI, Asus, those are good laptop brands.

There are plenty of laptops out there that can handle the game no problem. My 3 year old Alienware still handles it fine with all my mods and cc, too, though I do prefer to game on my desktop and only use my laptop for gaming in the bedroom or when I go on the semi with my husband.
    p8L4V6v.png
  • Options
    @ChelleJo thanks for the information.. I like to stick with name brands and especially like to use recommendations
  • Options
    MaiaPlaysSimsMaiaPlaysSims Posts: 218 Member
    I personally prefer to game on my desktop. The screen is bigger and I have a mouse, which is easier to use than the pad on laptops. My laptop can't handle the game. It runs WAY too slowly and is extremely glitchy. But, it is also a smaller laptop. I use it for college to write papers and such.
    Honestly, I don't even know why I answered this thread. I'm not the right person to answer questions like this. Haha
  • Options
    BlueSeaWavesBlueSeaWaves Posts: 4,434 Member
    Hope you can find one OP, I’m currently saving to get one as well, have no space for a pc, so laptops are my only option sadly.
  • Options
    I personally prefer to game on my desktop. The screen is bigger and I have a mouse, which is easier to use than the pad on laptops. My laptop can't handle the game. It runs WAY too slowly and is extremely glitchy. But, it is also a smaller laptop. I use it for college to write papers and such.
    Honestly, I don't even know why I answered this thread. I'm not the right person to answer questions like this. Haha
    Hope you can find one OP, I’m currently saving to get one as well, have no space for a pc, so laptops are my only option sadly.

@MaiaPlaysSims that's ok lol thanks

@CrystalAbyss1 I know what you mean about small spaces.. I live in an apartment . good luck with saving.. It gets to be confusing after looking at so many and some have great specs but then lack some features that I want.. My laptop is out there I just have to find it.. with my luck it will be too expensive lol
  • Options
    Kita5399Kita5399 Posts: 2,112 Member
    I have an ASUS ROG Strix GL753VD 17.3" Gaming Laptop GTX 1050. I use a wireless mouse and headphones with it and it works perfectly. I have all packs installed, a ton of CC, and graphics set to ultra, still runs smooth with only a few seconds for loading screens. It’s the second Asus I’ve owned for gaming and I absolutely recommend them!
  • Options
    lisamwittlisamwitt Posts: 5,096 Member
    edited March 2019
    I'm not tech savvy enough to give you good recommendations. I can only tell you what I have - a 2013 Macbook Pro. They sell for cheap now- $200-$500 some places. It's 64 bit and runs Sims 4 with all the settings on as high as they'll go. I disabled my track pad and play with a bluetooth mouse.
    If you were to get a new one, they run around $1,300. I will say, I'm thinking about getting a new one myself. Not because this one isn't working, just because it's nearly 6 years old and is getting beat up. I've got a few dead pixels in one corner and my case is cracked.

Edited to mention: I do only have Seasons, Pets, City Living, and GTW. I don't know how it would do with all of them.
    I did, up until a few weeks ago have ALL of Sims 3 on here though as well, and I still have Sims 2 UC on a Windows partition. And it all ran/runs fine.
    Gallery ID: LadyGray01
  • Options
    EricasFreePlayEricasFreePlay Posts: 849 Member
    edited March 2019

This is why I no longer play my games on a desktop. I have a 6 month old HP Pavilion x360 convertible laptop that runs all 3 games (I have TS2 Ultimate Collection, along with Sims 3 and 4 with most EPs, GPs and SPs) very well. And I got it for less than $600.
  • Options
    Kita5399 wrote: »
    I have an ASUS ROG Strix GL753VD 17.3" Gaming Laptop GTX 1050. I use a wireless mouse and headphones with it and it works perfectly. I have all packs installed, a ton of CC, and graphics set to ultra, still runs smooth with only a few seconds for loading screens. It’s the second Asus I’ve owned for gaming and I absolutely recommend them!

I have been looking at the asus rog.. I like it so I might end up getting that one.. thanks

• Options
    lisamwitt wrote: »
    I'm not tech savvy enough to give you good recommendations. I can only tell you what I have - a 2013 Macbook Pro. They sell for cheap now- $200-$500 some places. It's 64 bit and runs Sims 4 with all the settings on as high as they'll go. I disabled my track pad and play with a bluetooth mouse.
    If you were to get a new one, they run around $1,300. I will say, I'm thinking about getting a new one myself. Not because this one isn't working, just because it's nearly 6 years old and is getting beat up. I've got a few dead pixels in one corner and my case is cracked.

Edited to mention: I do only have Seasons, Pets, City Living, and GTW. I don't know how it would do with all of them.
    I did, up until a few weeks ago have ALL of Sims 3 on here though as well, and I still have Sims 2 UC on a Windows partition. And it all ran/runs fine.

I have a ton of cc and all the packs that are out so I need something with a lot of power.. thanks I don't use mac only pc.
  • Options

This is why I no longer play my games on a desktop. I have a 6 month old HP Pavilion x360 convertible laptop that runs all 3 games (I have TS2 Ultimate Collection, along with Sims 3 and 4 with most EPs, GPs and SPs) very well. And I got it for less than $600.

Yeah it kinda sucks having a small place. Aww bet its hard to play with a baby that young..
  • Options
    nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    edited March 2019
    I have a MacBook, it's fairly old, but the game runs perfectly on here. I also have some large mods and other games downloaded. A MacBook should work fine. Plus, I have two expansions and one game pack. I'm also getting a stuff pack and a game pack soon.
    funny-gifs20.gif

• Options
    edited March 2019
    I kinda want this one but to me its expensive..
    https://www.amazon.com/Gaming-i7-8750H-Processor-GeForce-Windows/dp/B07M68BZT5?th=1

It didn't get very good reviews.. :neutral:
    Post edited by CrazyboutTheSims on
  • Options
    Kita5399Kita5399 Posts: 2,112 Member
    This looks like a newer version of what I use, I can say that the link you have here gives a pretty good price (I paid more for both of mine).. this one should let you run the game really well, and the graphics should be really good too. 😊
  • Options
    SimskristaSimskrista Posts: 175 Member
    I use a gigabyte laptop for sims 4. I use the gigabyte aero, it was expensive but it is amazing. I just upgraded from an older gigabyte with a lesser graphics card. Both are wonderful computers.
  • Options
    BrocNoodleBrocNoodle Posts: 28 Member
    In my opinion some of the best gaming laptops are made by Asus and my second choice would be Dell.
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,973 Member
    I have an asus gaming laptop. I have always liked asus.
  • Options
    AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member
    MSI or ASUS is the way to go. I personally have a MSI laptop and I’ll be upgrading my hard drive to add more space (adding some SSDs) because the Sims (plus a ton of mods, oops) are taking up so much space and I’d like to download other games.
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif

• Options
    idkemilyidkemily Posts: 49 Member
    i play on a 2016 macbook and the graphics look really beautiful with the retina display but i do find issues with lag that honestly make me not want to play the game much anymore. ive been thinking about getting a desktop but as a college student who moves around a lot and is always out and about, it seems a little much.
  • Options
    KottonKrownKottonKrown Posts: 259 Member
    I got my laptop custom built and I got really good specs for a much cheaper price than the big brand names, built by experts, too. Look into it!
    Bring back the Paranormal career already.
  • Options
    doublenoodlesdoublenoodles Posts: 89 Member
    Try a Asus or MSI. I play on a Asus I bought for £700 it works perfectly no lag. My bf has a £1500 MSI that handles games like vermin tide so sims will be fine.
  • Options
    NyteRoseNyteRose Posts: 1,672 Member
    I'm playing Sims 4 (and other games) on an HP Omen gaming laptop. I can use High/Very High settings for Sims and Balanced/High Quality graphics settings for EverQuest 2, an older game, and High settings for WoW (current expac included.) So I'd suggest HP Omen laptop if you want a good rig for gaming.
    It can't rain all the time- Eric Draven, The Crow