Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I Can't Part With My Sims

Comments

• Options
    VanderhootVanderhoot Posts: 192 Member
    I have one Sim that I think is truly gone and it bums me out. I had a roommate household I made, two of which were brothers, and one died in a fire (first time I ever had a death happen). I got a notification awhile back now that his memory was fading, but I had no idea where the urn was. I found it, but I don't think I can do anything with it now. It's weird, a different Sim that died, his ghost shows up on Ghost Bar Night, etc, but not the first one that died.
    7He4osW.png?1
    Check out my 1920s homes on the gallery: Vanderhoot13
  • Options
    fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    @Sha2520032003 Aww. Thanks.

And I just can't do it. I remember losing a cat in Sims 3 and i was like Wait! What??? NOOOOOOO. I shut down the game and I think I actually cried. lol I wasn't expecting it, or ready for it. So I never play with aging on.

I've got too many sims in my game and I can't go through it again. :#
  • Options
    AriaMad2AriaMad2 Posts: 1,380 Member
    I don’t even know how I do it! Even the long lifespan feels too short sometimes!
    F€€Ł ŦĦ€ ŴΔV€ ØF ŞØỮŇĐ, ΔŞ ƗŦ ĆŘΔŞĦ€Ş ĐØŴŇ

ĴØIŇ UŞ ĆØŇŞUΜ€ ŦĦ€ FŘUIŦ ØF ŦĦ€ ΜØŦĦ€Ř ΔŇĐ KŇØŴ P€ΔĆ€
  • Options
    Sha2520032003Sha2520032003 Posts: 2,258 Member
    @fullspiral Aww that's so sad. That's so cool that you play with aging off & keep your Sims alive. I've never thought of playing that way, but I do have one Sim that I created in CAS, that I dont think I can part with. You've inspired me to play with aging off in that Save. She's way too special.

On a separate note and not to get off topic, but by chance do you have a blog? I'd love to know more about the Sims you posted. I always love reading Simmers stories and if you have a blog I'd like to follow it.
  • Options
    RedSabrinaRedSabrina Posts: 7 New Member
    I cant do it to my sims either, but I do get creative. My lady is a vampiric countess (until a magic expansion comes out) and as punishment for really mean sims I will leave the plantsim fruit in their house for them to grow on.
  • Options
    @fullspiral Aww that's so sad. That's so cool that you play with aging off & keep your Sims alive. I've never thought of playing that way, but I do have one Sim that I created in CAS, that I dont think I can part with. You've inspired me to play with aging off in that Save. She's way too special.

On a separate note and not to get off topic, but by chance do you have a blog? I'd love to know more about the Sims you posted. I always love reading Simmers stories and if you have a blog I'd like to follow it.

I don't. I thought about it way back then when I created that family. And actually, Caleb (their teen) is the 2nd Caleb they had. The first one was taken by social services because I didn't want them to go to school and I never sent them. I just enjoyed them being able to go on vacation, or play with their cowplant, or there was always something for the family to do and be together. But he got taken away and I was soooooo upset. It's also part of the reason I don't play families much any more. I want a home school option, or NO school option. I just want to play.

So anyways, After they lost their first Caleb I had them try for another boy and Caleb was reborn. But it wasn't the same. And I was upset that the first Caleb just "disappeared" from my game and that that family didn't even know he ever existed. Just poof! The game erased my kid!

But I did, and do, love Jonny and Annabelle since they were one of the first couples I made.
  • Options
    Rachie_rabbitRachie_rabbit Posts: 26 Member
    I don't like my sims dying for any other reason than old age. When I move the kids out and the deceased mother/father/siblings ring, it always creeps me out!.
  • Options
    NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member
    Personally, I am not that attached to the sims I play/create. It could be that I focus on the next heir before the previous gen is even an elder. I also save the sims in my library in multiple stages of life too.
  • Options
    loubyloulouloubyloulou Posts: 4,467 Member
    edited March 2019
    I'm always torn because I love generational gameplay so I do let my Sims age and die, but I do get very attached to my little pixel people. So if there's a Sim I'm particularly fond of, I always plop them down into my other save games and let MCCC have its way with them - I enjoy seeing what becomes of their 'other' lives :)
  • Options
    BrocNoodleBrocNoodle Posts: 28 Member
    LOL I never kill off my sims. I just play family until I'm ready to move on and let them live in peace in my save game folder. :)
  • Options
    taydevtaydev Posts: 912 Member
    i panicked when my sims dog ran away. i can't part with any of them in any capacity.
  • Options
    BradyGalaxyBradyGalaxy Posts: 306 Member
    I can't stand seeing the town get older! It makes me really sad... Like in this one family I have, Alexander Goth is a teenager and not a child anymore...
    Proud simmer
  • Options
    @fullspiral I think we play in a very similar way. I thought I was the only one. I just like playing, doing things, going here and there, hanging out. I don't really find it rewarding to do legacy challenges. I had a bug where my Sim was showing away at work, but he wasn't. So I had him quit his job, and I haven't rejoined a career....because I found I was always just waiting for him to get home. I just want to play!

7He4osW.png?1
  • Options
    HejixHejix Posts: 1,056 Member
    I take lots of screenshots and I prefer a meaningful story to a boring sim. But, I must admit that seeing sims young again when I restart a game makes me all nostalgic. Save library is fun... And useful.
    I want to play ALL the premade families! One day...
  • Options
    Vanderhoot wrote: »
    @fullspiral I think we play in a very similar way. I thought I was the only one. I just like playing, doing things, going here and there, hanging out. I don't really find it rewarding to do legacy challenges. I had a bug where my Sim was showing away at work, but he wasn't. So I had him quit his job, and I haven't rejoined a career....because I found I was always just waiting for him to get home. I just want to play!

Most of my sims don't join actual careers. I don't find it fun. And oh my, there was a BIG hulabaloo back when GTW was assigning jobs to played sims when GTW came out! That's why story progression won't work in 4. I don't want it touching my sims and I play and set up my whole world.
  • Options
    fullspiral wrote: »
    Most of my sims don't join actual careers. I don't find it fun. And oh my, there was a BIG hulabaloo back when GTW was assigning jobs to played sims when GTW came out! That's why story progression won't work in 4. I don't want it touching my sims and I play and set up my whole world.

I haven't gotten GTW because of the aliens. In the same vein as being attached to my Sims, I am too afraid of them getting abducted or seeing aliens around. I really only want it for the stores and hobbies.

7He4osW.png?1
  • Options
    fullspiral wrote: »

I haven't gotten GTW because of the aliens. In the same vein as being attached to my Sims, I am too afraid of them getting abducted or seeing aliens around. I really only want it for the stores and hobbies.

They honestly really toned down the aliens. You don't see them ( unless it's alien night at the bar or something). Early on there was abductions all the time in game, but that's what the satellite dish was for. People didnt want it on their front lawns just like they don't want garlic on their front doors. But I get what the devs were doing and I actually enjoyed using the tools they provided. Aliens used to be able to autonomously mind meld, or erase memory, or do weird stuff, but I believe that's all gone now. Which is kind of a shame because it was something that was bought and paid for in it's initial concept of the EP!

And truly, the scientist career is the only one that has actual involvement with them. I've completed the scientist career and had a ton of fun with that one....especially the ability to go to Sixam. ( and my family from this thread with Jonny's abduction)

by the way....you can stop an abduction in it's tracks. When you see that they are going out to investigate the "strange lights", just pause the game and reset that sim. I've done that a few times because , no, that's not my intention for THAT sim in MY game.

Retail is alright and I love that I can make an art gallery for my painter and things like that. Or a shop for my treasure hunter sim to sell his finds from Selvadorada. Or even that my scientist sells satellites and freezerays and other sciency things that he's made or found. He often sells bugs like the dragon dragonfly too!

It's a worthwhile add on.
  • Options
    EricasFreePlayEricasFreePlay Posts: 849 Member
    Some of my Sims I keep them as adults or seniors and I just keep rolling their ages back to the beginning. This is true especially if there is some kind of event I need a certain number of Sims for, or I want them to have a family. When that event is over or they have a child or 2, I let them age and die.
  • Options
    @fullspiral thanks for your tips and thoughts on GTW. I will consider it lol. Honestly I had no interest in Strangerville but it is sounding more interesting the more I see people's story lines, still haven't got that either though.
    7He4osW.png?1
  • Options
    edited March 2019
    @fullspiral thanks for your tips and thoughts on GTW. I will consider it lol. Honestly I had no interest in Strangerville but it is sounding more interesting the more I see people's story lines, still haven't got that either though.

Strangerville was a lot of fun for me. I've seen the negative feedback, but I tend not to judge it on that. If I like the idea, I will buy it and try it. Now that the quest is done in my game, the town is just not the same. I've rotated out of it for now, but when I go back, I intend for that hero sim to go talk to the mother and restart it.

lol, I bought laundry after a time but have yet to put a washer/dryer in a home. I bought if for the build/buy content and not the actual play item in it.

We simmers are a different breed of gamer because the game appeals to such a wide range of players and that's the nature of an open-ended game such as this that has no beginning and no end. We use the content the way WE want to and we buy what suits our own styles of play or what enhances that.

• Options
    Another thing I tend to do is "repurpose" them, like I said earlier. Example:

I've had Destiny Nightshade in my game almost from the start too. She's the one that adds plants to the community garden and perfects them for other sims to use as needed....

kiSnDAu.png

At one point during playing her, I decided I wanted her to have a wise mother so went to CAS to use genetics to add her mother to the game. At that point, I realized that her mother would have NO skills! So how could she possibly be that wise mother that Destiny looked up to? So I put Destiny in with Destiny and changed her and made her in to her mother...Cadence lol

3YSI8rh.png

And then I found another use for Destiny when vampires came out because I needed a very good gardener who would make garlic rings and be a part of a vampire story line I am working through. An old witch who lost her powers because she was cursed by the evil vampire and she seeks revenge against his curse that took away her powers and beauty.....so she became Vivica Higganbotham for that story.

x80NueF.png

And yes, that is the SAME sim in all three. Just used CAS to make her in to what I wanted her to be. So all 3 are Destiny, and currently in my same save, but all 3 are different characters serving a different purpose in the overall world.

• Options
    TheLibrarySimTheLibrarySim Posts: 966 Member
    Every time I start a new game I promise myself: "Okay, this time I'm gonna play through my Sim's old age and death and continue on with her kids" and it never happens.
    I just can't let go of my main Sim.
    I even send Caleb Vatore out to vampirize my favorite Sims (Moira Fyres, Cassandra Goth, Clara Bjergsen, etc.) so they won't age up along with everyone else.
    Maybe I'll start a new game tonight. And this time...
    7mQr8Yt.jpg
  • Options
    @fullspiral very interesting! Love the idea.
    7He4osW.png?1
  • Options
    @Vanderhoot lol, there's just times starting out with a brand new sim with no skills just doesn't work for me.
  • Options
    CaityTrinaCaityTrina Posts: 555 Member
    I've had this before but personally get bored and want to start a new generation with a new set of goals and personality to complete. One of my favourite things is looking back on "progress" through the family tree. But when I start a new fam I play a certain amount of progress before turning aging on again, repeatedly pausing and unpausing it on diff life stages. The one set of sims I personally don't like to age is Bella and Mortimer Goth, I like having them in my game.
    caitytrina.png