Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

At this point, what else do you want added to TS4?

13...Next

Comments

• Options
    Remy_GenevaRemy_Geneva Posts: 142 Member
    Sims with actual personalities.

Likes and dislikes, similar to GT club activities system.
    Dating compatibility system
    Turn on/offs
    Whims that are relevant to what sims are actually doing at the time. Sim on a date? Get a whim to kiss the date or take them back to your sims place for the night.
    More traits
    More trait slots
    More careers, and "dead end" jobs.

Without this I don't think TS4 will ever be truly enjoyable, no matter how many expansion packs they add.

• Options
    CellardwellerCellardweller Posts: 92 Member
    Everything that was cool from previous Sims games - i.e. bunk beds, ladders, platforms, spiral stairs, L stairs, more lots or customs sizeable lots, the ability to build multi-family homes with designated apartments so I could create apartment buildings or duplexes.

Sims Art Studio for 4. I would like to create weird art for my goths, hippie posters for my hippies, and paintings of coffee cups & moustaches for my hipsters.

Lounge chairs, sectional couches, rocking chairs, stackable stairs so I could put basement stairs under stairs to second floor - LIKE REAL HOMES.

Make the Wall Mounted Coat Rack and Shoe Racks have the dresser/walk in closet action so we can build real closets with doors - LIKE REAL HOMES.

Wall options like glass tiled backsplashes for kitchens & a Homecrafter add on like Sims 2 so we can create our own walls and floors.

I would like a sewing/crocheting/knitting activity for Sims to make their own clothing/blankets/rugs to use or sell - much like the woodcrafting table. This would be great for elderly Sims too - see rocking chair request above...
  • Options
    duhboy2u2duhboy2u2 Posts: 3,290 Member
    The things I'd love to see in Sims 4:
    1. Witches and Werewolves
    2. University
    3. More interactive jobs and jobs you can go to work with your sims with
    4. Still waiting for more Elder life state improvements. (They shouldn't just wait to die)
    5. More hobby type interactions. Maybe my sims would enjoy painting miniatures or sculpting
    6. Prom and graduation for teens.
    7. Private school
    8. lemonade stands
    9. More ethnic hair choices. Seriously, my sims are begging for something besides one afro and a few braided hairs.
    10. More after school activities. Kids being able to do more than one after school activity at a time.

There are lots of others, but for reasons I don't understand, when someone asks me what I'd like to have/see in the sims 4, my brain goes frustratingly blank and I can't get them to come to mind anymore. I'll think of them when this thread is old and updating my post would be considered necroposting. :/
    Loving yourself is the most simple and complicated thing you can do for you.
  • Options
    The_Tech_Guy153The_Tech_Guy153 Posts: 8 New Member
    I know it may be simple and a little silly, but I would really like to see a banking system implemented in the game (loans, checking accounts, savings accounts, direct deposit). I know there are mods for it, and I have used some infact, but I think it would be cool to be added by the devs.
  • Options
    @The_Tech_Guy153 That would be amazing. I'd love that feature. Its one I'd never thought of, but it would add so much to the game for me. Great idea! The mods, many of them, are great, but I'd love to see the system implemented officially.
  • Options
    fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    edited March 2019
    Honestly, I like the way Sims 4 is and the content that's been added and changed for the game. ....

But what I want is for the sims themselves to have more depth, more individuality and more uniqueness. That likely means an overhaul of the emotions/moodlets system because as it stands now, the sims we create are no different at all. The traits don't impact them much and the emotions cause them to be tense in terms of wording on a screen only. They all play the same and feel the same.

If you are a rotational player and play many, many sims, you can see they aren't any different at all no matter what you make them look like, or what traits you give them. That aspect of the game needs a lot of love.

I don't think any particular pack like University will do that. No mainstay Sims pack will do that. Not cars. Not a beach. Not swimming in oceans. None of that will fix the issue until they tackle personalities.
    Post edited by fullspiral on
  • Options
    fullspiral wrote: »
    Honestly, I like the way Sims 4 is and the content that's been added and changed for the game. ....

But what I want is for the sims themselves to have more depth, more individuality and more uniqueness. That likely means an overhaul of the emotions/moodlets system because as it stands now, the sims we create ate no different at all. The traits don't impact them much and the emotions on cause them to be tense in terms of wording on a screen. They all play the same and feel the same.

If you are a rotational player and play many, many sims, you can see they aren't any different at all no matter what you make them look like, or what traits you give them. That aspect of the game needs a lot of love.

I don't think any particular pack like University will do that. No mainstay Sims pack will do that. Not cars. Not a beach. Not swimming in oceans. None of that will fix the issue until they tackle personalities.

I read somewhere (can't for the life of me remember where) that the emotions/moodlet system is in the process of being reworked because now that so much has been added to alter moods its not balanced. Lets hope that its true!
  • Options
    MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    Werewolves GP
    Sorcerers GP - Upgrade witches and their powers with spells and abilities like never before.
    Farming - I want to build a Vineyard/Winery and Brewery. plus I have a Sick idea for a Orchard, and the entire layout for a farm. i think a Nice French or Italian country side would look gorgeous
    Favorites - For better personalities.
    a new city world
    a forest world
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • Options
    fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    duhboy2u2 wrote: »

But what I want is for the sims themselves to have more depth, more individuality and more uniqueness. That likely means an overhaul of the emotions/moodlets system because as it stands now, the sims we create ate no different at all. The traits don't impact them much and the emotions on cause them to be tense in terms of wording on a screen. They all play the same and feel the same.

I read somewhere (can't for the life of me remember where) that the emotions/moodlet system is in the process of being reworked because now that so much has been added to alter moods its not balanced. Lets hope that its true!

It needs to happen. Let's hope!
  • Options
    salmonandcrowsalmonandcrow Posts: 4 New Member
    > @AlbaWaterhouse said:
    > FallenPrince wrote: »
    >
    > I pretty much agree with everything I read here.
    > There is, however, one thing that has been bothering me a bit. If it was mentioned here, I apologize in advance. I have created many sims with certain personalities in mind and since I play rotationally, I sometimes get to see how my sims interact when I am not controlling them, and some of that stuff slightly annoys me. For example, I have a sim who is passionate about outdoors, camping and gardening. She is not exactly a loner, but she is no social butterfly either and, in my mind, she would not be the sim to go in nightclub to party. But when I play other sims, I always see her in nightclubs and it kind of goes against the character I intended her to have. There are other sims like this too and none of them have any party related traits or aspirations.
    > With all that being said, I wish they would put a sort of "dislike" system in the game where you could select activities or things your sim dislikes. But this would not serve as an attraction tool like the previous games- instead, it would simply dictate what the sim would never do if you are not controlling them. For example, you select celebrities and partying as your disliked things then the sim, when not under your control, will never go to nightclubs or parties (unless specificly invited) and will never fan over celebrity sims.
    > This has been a thing that has semi bothered me recently so I just came up with a quick concept.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Hear, hear! As a rotational player I couldn't agree more.
    > I really dislike seeing for example some of my sims freak out when a celebrity enters a lot, it doesn't suit the personalities I have made up for them

I third this. It's crazy how a well-crafted Sim suddenly becomes a generic Sim when you are playing a different one. It kind of prevents us from building our own neighbourhood dynamics. What if I want a town of geeks? But the only one who behaves like a geek is the one I'm playing at the time? If Sims were true to what we made them to be, there could be some pretty interesting neighbourhood building.
  • Options
    salmonandcrowsalmonandcrow Posts: 4 New Member
    How about....

1. A full game that doesn't cost hundreds of $$$ to own all of its components, or at least a reasonable diversity of such?

2. Farm and country, said by others. I had a multi-generational farm going in Sims 3. Just started a game in Sims 4 to try it again only to find out the closest I can get is a foodie family full of gardeners with pets. Not exactly the family farm. So disappointing. So back to Sims 3 - once again! - to be able to do what I want to do.

3. The capabilities of Sims 3. At least.

4. Depth and difference in the characters. There's focus on the stuff, somewhat on careers, but characters that are truly different and stay true to character would be true. It would be cool to have limits based on character as well.

5. After several years now, I still tune into Sims 4. But I don't love it. Like I loved previous SIms games. It seems like EA has mastered everything about how to make money on the game, the obvious top priority. But seems to me they could make more money if there weren't thousands and thousands of disappointed users, and more reasonable price points. I can get some pretty good complete games for the price of one EA Sims 4 expansion. They must know they have a lot of very occasional Sims 4 players. They must know a lot of us really loved and played previous Sims games a lot. And still do play those games, despite inferior graphics, because, well, they are simply better.
  • Options
    DenimjoDenimjo Posts: 213 Member
    I'd love more active careers, a superhero themed pack, and more traits. More random ways to die would be a plus as well; my game is getting a touch too easy to survive. :expressionless: Something similar to Into the Future from TS3 would be a very welcome addition as well.
    Zl8Iuk9.jpg
  • Options
    KasanthKasanth Posts: 166 Member
    Big cities
    More sims allowed in a home (without a mod).
    Vehicles and garages.
    Real vacation time. Sims should be ale to take a week or two off
    Fire fighter, and police officer careers.
  • Options
    Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    duhboy2u2 wrote: »

So I hope an overhaul on personalities is on progress as well!
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • Options
    HimRumiHimRumi Posts: 1,444 Member
    edited March 2019
    Custom toggles, renovate whims (specific and diverse), additional moods, individual biographies.
  • Options
    Remy_GenevaRemy_Geneva Posts: 142 Member
    The thing is we really shouldn't have to hope for things like unique sims. It should already be there as advertised.
  • Options
    AlbaWaterhouseAlbaWaterhouse Posts: 3,953 Member
    Accepting that the core engine and game will not change and that things like better personalities and likes and dislikes, memory, etc won't happen, here is my list.

-more hobbies and freetime elements
    -more stuff for children (after school activities and hobbies) to do and basic interactions like play tag
    -after school activities for teens too
    -some sort of ecoliving farming pack
    -more holiday destinations
    -the ability to combine 2 or more different lot types into one
    -inheritance, funerals, and cemeteries
    -bikes (for children and teens+)
    -strollers for toddlers
    -private schools
    -more types of stairs and a ladder
    -part time jobs and simpler jobs for adults
    -university
    -more residential worlds inspired by other countries and not the US
    -NPC police, firefighters, burglars
    -bands
    -swimming in bodies of water
    -a proper beach destination and a proper beach residential world

I'll stop now, but the list could go on.

I want to add 4 more things to my list:

- Sims to be able to talk to each other when fishing (it's a shame that this is still not in the game)
    - Sims to be able to jog together (it would be so cool to have sporty couples go for a morning jog together!)
    - Children to be able to walk their dogs (very unlikely but still worth mentioning)
    - Children to be able to help a teen+ with gardening and cooking (this one would be ideal in a family oriented pack)
    Origin ID is: AlbaWaterhouse
    All my creations are CC free.
  • Options
    LukeNathalieLukeNathalie Posts: 32 Member
    I'd like more baby interactions, more types of parties, hobbies (like in the sims 2), university of course and more types of schools for children
  • Options
    YammzzYammzz Posts: 25 Member
    -University
    -Werewolves
    -Prom and graduation for kids and teens
    -slow dancing
    -more interactive careers
  • Options
    snurflessnurfles Posts: 3,640 Member
    University, completely open neighborhoods, real working cars, and a preteen life state. It would also be great if the emotions could actually mean something and not just be there for animation purposes.
  • Options
    FreezerBunnyCowplantFreezerBunnyCowplant Posts: 3,957 Member
    Farming!
    With Nectar making, raising farm animals, canning vegetables and fruits, riding horses and off the grid living!
    a256aFi.gif
  • Options
    February11February11 Posts: 12,658 Member
    The colour-wheel would do it for me.
    Also I like the idea of mist and fog added to Seasons.
    MLgj4Vx.png
  • Options
    Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    edited March 2019
    Bug fixes and an added system or at least overhaul of emotions/traits so that our Sims have more unique personalities from each other are the two main things I'd like added. Here's a few more I'd love to see. Some of these I know will never happen, but a girl can dream eh?

Body Hair
    Slow Dancing & Original Dance styles update
    - Including the ability for Sims to dance & talk while actually facing each other
    Lighting Adjustment in Build/Buy mode
    Doorbells
    Pond Tool
    Bed Animations
    - Relaxing, reading a book, watching TV, spooning, cuddle/kiss while lying down, etc.
    Couch/Floor Animations - Relaxing prone while watching TV, sitting cross-legged on both to do homework, work on the laptop, make journal entries or just watch TV. Better 'real' makeout sessions on the couch.
    More or better Woo Hoo agreement animation - Get rid of the silly fist-pump or at least add different animations to reflect their personalities/traits/current relationship
    Group Portraits - Painted, by camera or cell
    Group Selfies
    Tabletop photographs/paintings
    Stackable Windows
    - The ability to put more than just one window on a wall grid
    Recolor Ceilings
    More object slots - On all surfaces and allow ANY object that would realistically fit on them, especially shelves, instead of the limited selection we have now.
    Springboard diving board & slide
    Pool stairs
    Lounge chairs
    Pool toys
    - beachball, floating lounge chair or blow-up mattress/ring, water volleyball
    Lazy boy armchairs - Back goes down, footrest goes up so Sims can nap on them properly or just watch TV/Relax
    Sectional sofas
    More stairs/railing/fencing
    - Including the ability to put stairs on a diagonal. A ladder would be great too for lofts
    Snappable fence post and stair rail lights
    Move Sims with MOO
    More realistic phone calls from Sims update
    - No details needed, y'all know what I mean. One thing I will say though is ghosts shouldn't be able to call anyone IMO!
    More playground equipment
    Sandboxes
    Sand Castles
    Animated Picnic Blanket & Basket
    Updated Coolers
    - To keep freshly caught fish on vacation from going foul until Sims go home. Also so Sims can bring food from home when camping.
    Alarms clocks or at least an app for cell phones - Let Sims set what time they need to get up whether one time or repeating. Bonus if they can pick a specific chime or music to play and a snooze option.
    Open Neighborhoods
    Modifiable public areas and unlocked restricted venues
    Home Businesses
    Own more than one lot per household
    Vehicles
    - Including public transporation, school buses, car pools, and fixer-uppers
    Helicopters
    Juicer/Smoothie machine
    Toaster
    More Gardening plants
    - Sweet corn, cucumbers (can make dill pickles), pumpkins (use on carving station or in pies), cantalope, orange/pear/grapefruit/plum/mango trees
    Composting
    Windmills
    Less Idle animations
    - Stop staring at the wall or at the food they're preparing, laughing or looking around at nothing while eating and/or preparing food.
    Call to meal update - Sims should come sit at a table and wait for food to be served to them or prepared food set on the table to take a serving when this interaction is selected.
    Career/Jobs update - Including more added and teen part-time jobs opened for all Sims
    Farming and/or Off the Grid pack

I could go on forever, but I'll stop there for now. :)

Happy Simming! <3