Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims4 Perfect Genetics Challenge

Hi! My name is Autumn, and recently I discovered the Perfect Genetics Challenge via the challenges list. I read through a couple other Simmers' experiences and decided to try it! The challenge was created by Gurra09, and you can find the rules here: http://modthesims.info/t/454886

Alright, well, let's get started! My founder Sim is a YA female named Charity West. Her aspiration is to be a Bodybuilder, and her traits are Hates Children, Kleptomaniac, Snob, and High Metabolism. Charity has creamy white hair up in two buns along with pale, pale blue eyes.
[img][/img]NoDriFM.jpg
Next up is her husband, Dimitri West. Dimitri's aspiration is to be Fabulously Wealthy. His traits are Materialistic, Lazy, Business Savvy, and Self-Assured. Dimitri has light blonde hair and red eyes.
[img][/img]0lnKkso.png

As you can see, I started this challenge earlier and they already have two kids. So, while I'm here, I might as well show them as well!
Eldest child, non-heir, is Chance West. He's a toddler, and his trait is Independent. I wish that the first-born would be an heir so I could move on to the next generation, but no such look. Chance has light blonde hair like his father and purple eyes (I have no idea where he got them! Some sort of genetic mutation?)
ofJ6Hmn.png
Then, of course, there's the current baby: Darius West. No traits or anything, but tan. I really hope he's the heir!
zlkNomq.png

Alright, well I'll post more when Darius becomes a toddler :)
Do well in school, kids
XGSlGWt.png

Comments

• Options
    goldenwhiskergoldenwhisker Posts: 30 Member
    Toddler #2 is here! Darius West, Angelic but not-so-angelic in my opinion because he is not an heir either *sigh.* Darius looks a lot like his older brother, but instead of those strange, alluring violet eyes he's the spitting image of his father; red eyes and blonde hair! A cute little thing, as well.
    8i8Qfdu.png
    goLVbkK.png?1
    I can't wait to watch this little kiddo grow up, even if he won't be able to carry on their family tradition. Even so, I think I like Chance better.

Update: Charity is now pregnant again! Baby #3 coming soon, and I hope that it's an heir/ess. Crossing my fingers...
    Do well in school, kids
    XGSlGWt.png
  • Options
    Baby 3 is born! His name is Paris West (interesting name, right?) I'm not going to show a picture of him until he's a toddler. Just letting you know that soon we'll have another one!! I really, really hope that he's the heir because I'm not sure how much longer I can do this. Even so, I kind of want an heiress so I can see what she looks like. Oh well! Wait for another baby to be the heiress or get this one over with? I guess time will tell.
    Do well in school, kids
    XGSlGWt.png
  • Options
    @ZeeGee I don't want to bother you but... here I have pictures along with the challenge... :)
    Do well in school, kids
    XGSlGWt.png
  • Options
    ZeeGeeZeeGee Posts: 5,358 Member
    It’s so nice to see an avatar instead of the plumbob!

Your sims are adorable, however, from what I understand the perfect genetics challenge won’t work in the Sims 4 because the fun eye and hair colors cannot be inherited. If you post over in the Sims 4 section maybe someone will help you with that more. Hope so!

Or if you have sims 3, it works perfectly! You can have any color eyes and hair you want with the color wheel, and they’re all genetic. :)
  • Options
    @ZeeGee Thanks!
    Do well in school, kids
    XGSlGWt.png
  • Options
    Chance has officially aged up to a child! He's no longer an Independent toddler, but still has his introverted ways... Chance wants to be an Art Prodigy, and is a Bookworm! Let's hope he does well in school.
    Here he is with his cake!
    BnHPwg5.png
    He's really skinny, but it's from only eating Garden Salads and an occasional Bacon and Eggs as a toddler.
    Do well in school, kids
    XGSlGWt.png
  • Options
    So, I recently discovered that Sims4 toddlers can't inherit unnatural hair colors. Therefore, I've decided to change Charity's hair color to black. Heh...
    Do well in school, kids
    XGSlGWt.png
  • Options
    It appears that Charity has given birth to Baby #4! Also a boy. I really, really hope he's the heir. Name: Rhys West. I'll show a picture of him when he's reached the toddler stage.
    Do well in school, kids
    XGSlGWt.png
  • Options
    Darius aged up to a child! His aspiration is to be the smartest kid in school, and his trait is Active.
    Zd2mLcH.png
    Do well in school, kids
    XGSlGWt.png
  • Options
    cmbaker16cmbaker16 Posts: 9,172 Member
    @goldenwhisker if your not opposed to mods/cc there is a way for toddlers to inherit the unnatural hair colors I use it in my own game and love it.

https://simscommunity.info/social/threads/genetic-unnatural-hair-colours-for-kids-tots-base-game-all-packs.5504/

you download the file and just put the ones from the packs you own into your mods folder. :D I hope you get an heir(ess) soon!
  • Options
    cmbaker16 wrote: »
    @goldenwhisker if your not opposed to mods/cc there is a way for toddlers to inherit the unnatural hair colors I use it in my own game and love it.

https://simscommunity.info/social/threads/genetic-unnatural-hair-colours-for-kids-tots-base-game-all-packs.5504/

you download the file and just put the ones from the packs you own into your mods folder. :D I hope you get an heir(ess) soon!

Thanks! Great idea, I'll probably use that since I think platinum blonde hair and blue eyes looks super cool.
    Do well in school, kids
    XGSlGWt.png
  • Options
    EA_MaiEA_Mai Posts: 1,800 EA Staff (retired)
    Hey @goldenwhisker - as you are playing The Sims 4, I'm moving this to the stories section for that game ;)