Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

StrangerVille Scared Me! [SPOILERS]

Umm so I was just enjoying the game with my little celebrity family, balancing fame and two toddlers and investigating the mystery when my personal assistant/nanny walked in on this:
4b6ehja.png I was not ready y'all. NOT AT ALL! MOTHER WAS IN MY SINKS (lol I was actually yelling at my screen too)! I almost nope'd out for the game right then and there. IT WAS AWESOME. :D
Dark Family Comedy & Paranormal Romance

r0AD3AN.jpg

Comments

• Options
    MattieMayfairMattieMayfair Posts: 29 Member
    In my game this happened just after my sim gave birth her needs were low and bladder failure she’s trying to shower and Mother was in the shower. The spouse needed the toilet as well at same time and mother was there and the sinks. I was like “ ok this is creepy!” Was scared where she was gonna be next. After solving a the mystery I even got them to move houses lol!
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,552 Member
    Haha the first time this happened to me...
    my guy was taking a shower in that new bath combo and he suddenly leapt out and there was this noise, then out came the vines!

I was gobsmacked and totally loved it :D
  • Options
    FreechheitFreechheit Posts: 128 Member
    I totally loved this! I think it is a great little feature in the game. :) It happend to my alien sim Lysbeth after washing the dishes in the kitchen. She had no time to clean and after a while the bathroom was 'infected' too.
    Thank you for sharing the pictures!
  • Options
    DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,877 Member
    Those vines coming out of the toilet are so creepy :scream:
  • Options
    SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    Ha ha, I was taking it really reallly slog with solving the mystery. Maybe bugging one sim a day, letting everything go with the flow. Boy did that change.
    After the first set of creepy vines in the bathroom me and my neat sim went “NOPE NOPE NOPE”. There was a bit more focus on getting the mystery done after that :D

Next time that I do the mystery, with lots of side story, I am letting my sim live in Oasis Springs. She can drive back to the crazy on the weekends, lol.
  • Options
    FeroshaCoutoraFeroshaCoutora Posts: 142 Member
    Omg @SilentKitty I had the same response. I was like: this is a sign that we gotta solve this tonight :D

I love that I’m not the only one who experienced this! Y’all are all cracking me up.

r0AD3AN.jpg
  • Options
    EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,346 Member
    To my sims it happened in the bar. I remembered a Guru had written the venue type bar and library have extras coded in for Strangerville, so I thought
    Mother waving her hello to me from out of the toilet
    was a bar-only thing. Imagine my surprise (and delight) when it happened at the home lot, too! And everywhere else!
  • Options
    SimaniteSimanite Posts: 4,833 Member
    Awesome. :D
  • Options
    StarfreeStarfree Posts: 1,453 Member
    When it happened I had my sim clean out the vines, but it sure startled me lol.
  • Options
    MondayMonday Posts: 385 Member
    my guy was taking a shower in that new bath combo and he suddenly leapt out and there was this noise, then out came the vines!

THIS.
    My sim, too. She was taking a bath, then the vines started to come up around her and she leapt out, screaming "Neeb neeb neeb!" It made me so, so, so happy that they had it come out of the tub while bathing.

So perfect. Worth the whole pack just for that moment.
    a63ftuN.png
  • Options
    SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    Monday wrote: »

THIS.
    My sim, too. She was taking a bath, then the vines started to come up around her and she leapt out, screaming "Neeb neeb neeb!" It made me so, so, so happy that they had it come out of the tub while bathing.

So perfect. Worth the whole pack just for that moment.

Ha ha ha!!

I have get a bathtub. That is wonderful and horrible at the same time.
  • Options
    HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    I don't really find it scary but I do find it creepy like the lighting and the sounds that happen later in the story in the game. The whole vibe is great like that. I wish they could have gone scarier lol.
    egTcBMc.png
  • Options
    EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,944 Member
    edited March 2019
    To my sims it happened in the bar. I remembered a Guru had written the venue type bar and library have extras coded in for Strangerville, so I thought
    Mother waving her hello to me from out of the toilet
    was a bar-only thing. Imagine my surprise (and delight) when it happened at the home lot, too! And everywhere else!

Actually, it happened at my sim's home.
    The special bar thing is that military sims show up there. A lot of them.
  • Options
    katrinasforestkatrinasforest Posts: 1,002 Member
    edited March 2019
    Oh, gosh! I need to play this story again in a real house. My Sim who solved the mystery was a vampire roughing it by living on the blank lot with a tent, foldable table, and a laptop. He had most of the vampire perks that took away his needs, so there was none of the standard household stuff on the lot. I missed all these cool details due to my own laziness. ^_^
    Watch me mash together Sims and Pokémon to tell a story about battling glitches in Penny Saves Paldea. Updated every other Thursday.
  • Options
    SiliCloneSiliClone Posts: 2,585 Member
    at what stage of the story does this happen?
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,552 Member
    SiliClone wrote: »
    at what stage of the story does this happen?
    Oh... trying to remember... I know that I had been through the locked special door of the lab... maybe just after that, because the spores get released into the world and everything starts ramping up
  • Options
    FeroshaCoutoraFeroshaCoutora Posts: 142 Member
    Yeah, @elanorbreton is right
    It definitely happens after you open the lab door downstairs. The hallway is all purple and creepy and you end up releasing all the spores. Also, that’s when my little Simmie accidentally got possessed himself. It was a bad time to take a bathroom break. I came back like: 😳

r0AD3AN.jpg
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,924 Member
    Hermitgirl wrote: »
    I don't really find it scary but I do find it creepy like the lighting and the sounds that happen later in the story in the game. The whole vibe is great like that. I wish they could have gone scarier lol.

Same. I was playing rather late a couple of days ago and had to turn off the sound because I was the only one in the household still up and it quite spooky. :o
  • Options
    RobinGreenthumbRobinGreenthumb Posts: 237 Member
    Hermitgirl wrote: »

Oh man yeah. Stage three just gave me the tense moodlet throughout the entire stage 😂. Had my sim call out of work to finish the mystery as she was just as freaked out!