Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

All Sims 4 Worlds connected in one map (Fanart included)

Louise_G0325Louise_G0325 Posts: 1,040 Member
fanmademap_zpsxzp0tlzy.jpg
[This is fanart.]

Link: https://simscommunity.info/2019/01/21/a-simmer-has-put-together-all-the-sims-4-worlds-in-one-image/

It's so beautiful! I think it makes the whole world look so much more alive and connected. The way the worlds like Oasis Springs, Del Sol and San Myshuno fit perfectly, just makes me so happy and excited.
Of course, worlds like Forgotten Hollow and Selvadorada don't fit in well yet because there aren't enough worlds with correct aesthetics to transition them nicely.

Would you like all worlds to be connected in one map? As more worlds are added, we could get a pretty awesome and expansive map that we can move around to see how everything connects. I think it might also help please the Open World advocates a bit. Although the worlds would still be "closed," a map like this would make everything seem more open and connected instead of each world just being a little dollhouse of its own.

This large map would replace the white screen with all the circular map icons on them. When you click on your chosen world on the large map, it switches to the world-specific map like it does now.
Post edited by Louise_G0325 on

Comments

• Options
    AriaMad2AriaMad2 Posts: 1,380 Member
    Hats off to the person who made this! I wonder if EA made the worlds fit together like that intentionally (and if it can fit future worlds coming with packs we don't know about yet) or if the person who made this was one of the (presumably few) people who noticed and made them fit?
    F€€Ł ŦĦ€ ŴΔV€ ØF ŞØỮŇĐ, ΔŞ ƗŦ ĆŘΔŞĦ€Ş ĐØŴŇ

ĴØIŇ UŞ ĆØŇŞUΜ€ ŦĦ€ FŘUIŦ ØF ŦĦ€ ΜØŦĦ€Ř ΔŇĐ KŇØŴ P€ΔĆ€
  • Options
    mustenimusteni Posts: 5,406 Member
    It's lovely. I really wish they would improve the maps at some point.
  • Options
    I think that the devs would probably have to add this near the end of the game because of course it would be expensive to update the map each time a world comes out.
  • Options
    motymoty Posts: 58 Member
    edited January 2019
    This map is soooo cool! 3590615e2jl8gthds.gif

I'm not that excited about the idea of putting all the worlds together as one big world. I think it's fine the way it is right now.
    ★·.·´¯`·.·★ 𝕀'𝕞 𝕓𝕖𝕒𝕦𝕥𝕚𝕗𝕦𝕝 𝕚𝕟 𝕞𝕪 𝕨𝕒𝕪, '𝕔𝕒𝕦𝕤𝕖 𝔾𝕠𝕕 𝕞𝕒𝕜𝕖𝕤 𝕟𝕠 𝕞𝕚𝕤𝕥𝕒𝕜𝕖𝕤 ★·.·´¯`·.·★

My Sims 4 CC Tumblr

3043168k08sckfabn.gif
  • Options
    shannonavashannonava Posts: 20 Member
    > @Louise_G0325 said:
    > [This is fanart.]

This is goooorgeous! One of the best fan art pieces I've seen for the sims.

I'd love to see this for the Sims in the future.

Maybe as a final patch update before TS5?
  • Options
    MagdaleenaMagdaleena Posts: 973 Member
    edited March 2019
    The proportions are a little off.. places like Forgotten Hollow should be much smaller. It's not as big as Windenburg.

The concept itself is a neat idea though.

lil_pixel_boys.png
    they/he
    simblr
  • Options
    zubop81zubop81 Posts: 23 Member
    I love this! Now they need to add Strangerville off Oasis at the top left.
  • Options
    PastelMermaidPastelMermaid Posts: 1,298 Member
    this really makes it feel inclusive - we all speculate that san myshuno is the city centre/built up part before del sol valley and that's like "the hills"
    tumblr_nvqukkenkr1udwsc5o7_250.gif

"wahoo" - aquaman
  • Options
    IshizusvIshizusv Posts: 16 Member
    Can you fall in love with an image? Because I think I'm in love with this one.

And really the idea of this being the "choose world" screen is 😍
  • Options
    HeiwieeHeiwiee Posts: 21 Member
    It's absolutely amazing !
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    Will never work. They'd have to update that screen everytime they add a new world.

And they have already said that the map art was pretty expensive to make.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    edited March 2019
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    Will never work. They'd have to update that screen everytime they add a new world.

And they have already said that the map art was pretty expensive to make.

I think that the devs would probably have to add this near the end of the game because of course it would be expensive to update the map each time a world comes out.

Maybe as an endgame update :)
  • Options
    here4snackshere4snacks Posts: 54 Member
    WOW! Not only is this amazing but it also helps me with gameplay, for example if a sim who lives in oasis springs only has one day off work I know he won't head to Windenburg because the travel time will cut into his day off (though not really but you know for immersion etc). Love it, thanks for sharing.
    G6QEt5g.png
  • Options
    WOW! Not only is this amazing but it also helps me with gameplay, for example if a sim who lives in oasis springs only has one day off work I know he won't head to Windenburg because the travel time will cut into his day off (though not really but you know for immersion etc). Love it, thanks for sharing.

I have thought about this a lot as well! I prefer keeping my sims mostly in one world, as I also think about the traveling to far-off worlds aspect. This would help with that a lot. That way, we know we're just taking our sims to the next town instead of the opposite end of the world for a night out.
  • Options
    ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    Looks good. Wonder if she made an updated version which includes StrangerVille yet.
  • Options
    MegaGirlBossMegaGirlBoss Posts: 28 Member
    It looks amazing!!
  • Options
    Pazurkiewicz2000Pazurkiewicz2000 Posts: 17 Member
    Good job :smiley:
  • Options
    HiImAnEAPlayerHiImAnEAPlayer Posts: 17 Member
    Oh my frick! I- This- Wow!!!!
  • Options
    LilRebelArtLilRebelArt Posts: 33 Member
    > @Louise_G0325 said:
    > [This is fanart.]
    >
    >
    >
    > It's so beautiful! I think it makes the whole world look so much more alive and connected. The way the worlds like Oasis Springs, Del Sol and San Myshuno fit perfectly, just makes me so happy and excited.
    > Of course, worlds like Forgotten Hollow and Selvadorada don't fit in well yet because there aren't enough worlds with correct aesthetics to transition them nicely.
    >
    > Would you like all worlds to be connected in one map? As more worlds are added, we could get a pretty awesome and expansive map that we can move around to see how everything connects. I think it might also help please the Open World advocates a bit. Although the worlds would still be "closed," a map like this would make everything seem more open and connected instead of each world just being a little dollhouse of its own.
    >
    > This large map would replace the white screen with all the circular map icons on them. When you click on your chosen world on the large map, it switches to the world-specific map like it does now.

The cleanliness of this map and how well together it's put all in one is pretty awesome! I never realized how connected they all were or at least appear to be. Haha I love it
    dljhcp1.png
  • Options
    JohnsomethingJohnsomething Posts: 57 Member
    Yeah I guess every neighborhood is just that: A neighborhood. Therefore, a neighborhood of a bigger city.
    If you check out the limits of each map you will see more roads and houses leading to somewhere you can not go, therefore perhaps all maps are just part of a bigger city or region
  • Options
    LilRebelArtLilRebelArt Posts: 33 Member
    Yeah I guess every neighborhood is just that: A neighborhood. Therefore, a neighborhood of a bigger city.
    If you check out the limits of each map you will see more roads and houses leading to somewhere you can not go, therefore perhaps all maps are just part of a bigger city or region

I'll have to take a look, then!
    dljhcp1.png
  • Options
    LokeTheJokeLokeTheJoke Posts: 2 New Member
    nice :)
  • Options
    nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    The idea about combining the worlds is super cool! I hope a dev sees this, maybe it'll happen in a few patches.
    funny-gifs20.gif

• Options
    RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    I already do this in my head. My financially-challenged Sim who lived in Newcrest would only travel to Willow Creek because, in my mind, Newcrest is the commuter community attached to Willow Creek, and they have free bus service between the two communities.
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • Options
    SarahTheRedSarahTheRed Posts: 388 Member