Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How are you preparing for Strangerville?

13...Next

Comments

• Options
    GeekMonkey34B21GeekMonkey34B21 Posts: 131 Member
    Got my new household all ready to drop into a brand new Strangerville save. They are ready for a mystery. It will be nice to take a break from my legacy and play a different household for awhile.

Now all I need is that second stick of RAM...
  • Options
    thatsnotswegthatsnotsweg Posts: 697 Member
    edited February 2019
    I plan on having Camila move to StrangerVille once she ages up into a young adult. She has the Archaeology Scholar aspiration and I want her meet her future husband (or wife? we'll see who she meets) while trying to solve the mystery so they can get married and go on jungle adventures together.
    Post edited by thatsnotsweg on
    gallery ID: thatsnotsweg

vYCrjvm.png
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    I was thinking of creating a gay couple and moving them into Strangerville and then joining the military career (don't ask, don't tell). Then, they can solve it together. Maybe one gets infected and the other tries to save him.
  • Options
    LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    I'm going to use my current game save, but it's going to go through a serious overhaul.
  • Options
    Destin2016Destin2016 Posts: 568 Member
    I’m planning to use one or more sims from my main family, but I can’t decide which one(s).
    You like me because I'm a scoundrel. There aren't enough scoundrels in your life.
  • Options
    SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    My sim is actually about to marry a guy who'd be perfect for the military career. And she's a drifter so I guess she won't mind moving to the middle of nowhere.
  • Options
    bizuktagbizuktag Posts: 552 Member
    For my main save, I have a Sim who is almost ready to age up who is going to move into a trailer in the plaza area, so I've been building that.

I have another save where I play my Sims as a bunch of actors on a cheesy, retro sci-fi show, and solving the mystery of Strangerville seems like a perfect plot for one of their 'episodes' ;)
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    Early this morning, I thought of another scenario that I might play in one save. I'll use the big lot with the plane crash/bunker (I can move it to a smaller lot, maybe on the hill) and build a small farm there. The elderly farmer couple will not be infected but will still "work" for the mystery and plant those blue pod plants instead to harvest for the mystery to use to infect the rest of the town. There will be a small farm house and a barn with a fallout shelter hidden inside so, eventually, the couple can enter and try to out live the mystery when it takes over the town (think Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt before leaving the bunker).
  • Options
    BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
    Well. I will buy it, install it, wait for all mods to update if necessary, install martial art dummies in all gyms, fill empty lots in Strangerville, fill all empty houses and then edit my base saves with the same changes...

Then I'll play.
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
  • Options
    FaybelFaybel Posts: 53 Member
    My sim sisters have just recently had their birthday and bought their own food truck. I'm gonna relocate that to the new world and sell burgers whilst investigating the mysteries on the side. :D
  • Options
    emereemere Posts: 1,755 Member

Thanks @BlkBarbiegal <3 StrangerVille is perfect for steampunk (I'm so happy with this world). I built a house to start playig with a vampire. It is a Steampunk Junkyard (gallery link) with a bunker:

ShopM8f.png
  • Options
    CogshellCogshell Posts: 164 Member
    emere wrote: »
    Thanks @BlkBarbiegal <3 StrangerVille is perfect for steampunk (I'm so happy with this world). I built a house to start playig with a vampire. It is a Steampunk Junkyard (gallery link) with a bunker:

ShopM8f.png

Oh my goodness that looks amazing!!! I'm definitely adding that into my world when I get in game later today. Good job! I'll also be checking out your other lots as well! :)
    ZnG1wMG.png
  • Options
    BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member
    edited February 2019
    @emere that lot does look amazing as @Cogshell mentioned above! wow! (downloading) Yep, the world is beautiful. Will you be replacing strangerville with more of your builds? :)

Also, there's not a lot of steam punk builds in the gallery but I'll have to look up industrial for perhaps similar builds.
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie