Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What Sim will you take first to StrangerVille? What are your plans?

Comments

• Options
    RoboSpongieRoboSpongie Posts: 1,042 Member
    I'm either going to create a whole new household or recreate some Strangetown families I made as a kid
    = Sims Player for 17+ Years =
    tumblr_inline_nsj7xjgkAi1rrkf1x_500.gif
  • Options
    SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    I don't care about the military careers so won't bother with that5. Will probably move in some of my created sims into a neighbour hood and have the teens form a mystery club and solve together
  • Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,449 Member
    EA_Cian wrote: »
    I'll be calling in a Sim version of FBI Special Agent Dale Cooper.

giphy.gif

AWESOME.
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,872 Member
    I plan on playing the matriarch from my regular save. I'm going to move her to Strangerville and have her work on the new aspiration, join the military career, and solve they mystery. I then plan on turning Strangerville into a Wild West town. I'll have a general store, county jail, diner, bar/saloon, boarding house, church, maybe a feed/grain store, schoolhouse.

LSgRBnJ.png

I already have the Little House family in my game so I'll move them there and look for some other western families on the Gallery. Or I might just populate it with sims I create. I rarely do that except for the main families I play and it'll be fun outfitting them in the new western wear.

• Options
    fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    @simgirl1010 That's an awesome idea! Kind of like an old forgotten town that is lost in time. I like that!
  • Options
    5782341b77vl5782341b77vl Posts: 9,149 Member
    edited February 2019
    Part of me wants to send Lisa Bunch - since originally, she's my "test Sim". But then another part of me wants to send Katy Perry - since... well... she's Katy Perry! Enjoy your Sweet Treats, Katy! >:)
    ...AND WASH YOUR DING-DANG HANDS!
  • Options
    becks1112becks1112 Posts: 919 Member
    I'm going to create a new sim, put her in the Military career, and have her investigate/play out the whole mystery.
  • Options
    FreygeaFreygea Posts: 867 Member
    edited February 2019
    I am throwing Winona Ryder, David Harbour, Millie Bobby Brown and Gatan Matarazzo in and then will add all my other favs from Stranger Things in the mix.

I will probably throw in David Duchovny and Gillian Anderson in too. I have already noted some great Military sims in this thread. I hope they end up on the gallery as I would love to have them in my strange world.

My Pippy <<Avatar is my main sim, so she will be the main character with all the rest being supporting roles.

• Options
    N0NoTToN0NN0NoTToN0N Posts: 1,024 Member
    I'll probably start with my "out there save game". I haven't played that one in so long that I forget a lot of the details from the family I have in mind but they should be a good one to start with. Algernop Krieger is a mad scientist (insane genius... forget his other trait), the alien son he gave birth to, his Sixam alien girlfriend/wife?, and their son. I still need him to make clone of himself but I think they'll be perfect for Strangerville and I've been thinking about getting back to that save game for a while. I'm looking forward to playing the military career but I'm not sure how I want to go about that yet.
    19172275569_bb0181ed75.jpgGingerThyme; by T Reece, on Flickr
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,872 Member
    fullspiral wrote: »
    @simgirl1010 That's an awesome idea! Kind of like an old forgotten town that is lost in time. I like that!

Thanks! I hope I can find suitable builds on the Gallery. Maybe not right away but I think we're going to see a lot of them with that western flair.
  • Options
    DragonAge_300905DragonAge_300905 Posts: 1,944 Member

I made a sim with neat, perfection, and genius traits. Her name is Sara SOS and she is dressed in the roman era style. I think she'll be a good character to take into the story.

j8metx.jpg
  • Options
    AdamsEve1231AdamsEve1231 Posts: 7,035 Member
    afai1261 wrote: »
    This is Johnny Calhoun, a basegame sim I made recently with the intention of having him be in the military, as you can probably tell from the dog tags and haircut-
    ZaS5d2Q.png

Then I gave him a twin brother, Matthew, who is more the government agent type-
    72cr9KV.png

And finally, this is their younger brother Milo, who is a geek and is only too excited to be accompanying them to Strangerville (against Matthew's better judgement, but Milo insisted). He's always been interested in scifi and the like-
    25zQFxq.png

Johnny is going to join the military (no surprises there). Milo is going to be my little guinea pig for the, uh, weirdness >:)

Obviously I'll update their clothing and stuff when I get the pack. I'm actually really excited for this one (not that I'll get a lot of time to play because university, but still).
    Now I've hyped myself up about it way too much :D

You have gorgeous Sims, @afai1261. They're base game? No cc?
    With these forums closing down, stay connected.

Find me elsewhere:
    My EA App ID: livinasimminlife
    Livin' A Simmin' Life Stories
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
  • Options
    dethredsabaothdethredsabaoth Posts: 1 New Member
    I've always made myself as a sim and put her in ridiculous situations to try out new packs
  • Options
    izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    Are you making a new Sim? What will they be like?
    No, probably will not
    Are you using an existing household? Why did you choose them?
    Yes, because I already grow attached to these family and want them to experience everything
    Will you play the military career?
    Of course, it was one of my favorite back in sims 3
    Do you intend to explore the story or just use the residential town?
    Both
    Will you be rebuilding the lots?
    probably not, not a builder myself
    Is there something specific you hope to accomplish, or a story you have in mind?
    Not at the moment
    Or do you just want the new lots, CAS, and build/buy?
    I want everything
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • Options
    LunaNovaLunaNova Posts: 1,239 Member
    tumblr_pncnxqKZWw1wqfw32o1_500.png
    This Girl is ready to go! Shes gonna have a little makeover first but im super excited!
    tumblr_ox7j4tmNjd1wqkiw6o1_1280.png
    //Sims Tumblr Here-MoonPhase Simblr//Berry Sims Here- MoonBerry Sims//
    Let me make you a cute forum avatar [Closed right noww!! will re-open closer to cats and dogs!] //
  • Options
    HimRumiHimRumi Posts: 1,444 Member
    edited February 2019
    I created a new sim named Jacob Vitner who is based on a nerdy - cool - extroverted personality who happens to be OBSESSED with government conspiracies. Basically his back story is he lives off the grid so he can spend a majority of his time experimenting with crystals and other life forms, all while using his own broadband frequency to broadcast his "Conspiracy Theories Corner" show. Eventually he comes across other conspiracy theorist who have eavesdropped information from policemen who are investigating a supposedly alien crash site in Oasis Springs. He begins genetic testing with plants and fish in the neighborhood, only to find out there's nothing wrong. Now he feels destined to step out of his secret laboratory beneath the house and solve the mystery of Strangerville.

I'm thinking maybe Jacob could have a few friends come with him, he has a friendship bar that's pretty high with a few other sims. I'll probably change the way they look and a few traits to fit their personalities in the group. Currently he has skills at decent levels (2 of which are maxed) and earns simoleons from publishing books.

2nb52sg.png

33zcrya.png

25jikox.png

• Options
    EvaSaysRawrEvaSaysRawr Posts: 32 Member
    With the additional info that came out so far, I think I may very well get the pack upon release. I usually don't really plan ahead for packs, but I made a sim last week and just kept her in the library, because I wasn't sure whether I wanted her to be a scientist or a gardener. Now I am thinking this clumsy genius may stumble upon a great mystery in Strangerville! I will probably start playing her this weekend to get her started on some skills.

jWRemjQ.jpg

Ooooh, she's super cute!
  • Options
    AceOfKnavesAceOfKnaves Posts: 173 Member
    Freygea wrote: »
    I am throwing Winona Ryder, David Harbour, Millie Bobby Brown and Gatan Matarazzo in and then will add all my other favs from Stranger Things in the mix.

I will probably throw in David Duchovny and Gillian Anderson in too. I have already noted some great Military sims in this thread. I hope they end up on the gallery as I would love to have them in my strange world.

My Pippy <<Avatar is my main sim, so she will be the main character with all the rest being supporting roles.

That sounds awesome, sims from my two favorite shows! I'd love to see them in the Gallery. :)

Back on topic, I'll be using the sim in my dp, Holly Davis. She's lightly based on a YouTube ARG, but I'll leave that up to others for speculation. She's as mysterious as Strangerville, and perhaps even hording a few secrets of her own... This should go well... or maybe not. ~
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    In one save, after I have had a local sim solve the mystery, I'm going to have my alien queen move in and take over the town and force the town to obey her. Here is Queen Dione, her personal guard Praesidio Primus and her chief council Consiliaro Prudens. I'm working on revamping my alien space ship, the Perigee III, into a royal ship that brought the queen and her landing party to Strangerville.

47144797822_fc23ea186c_b.jpg
  • Options
    N0NoTToN0NN0NoTToN0N Posts: 1,024 Member
    I am going to take a global superstar along with my sim. That way the star can draw all the attention of those goofy, creepy looking sims. Then my sim can go snooping around and see what she can find out about this strange secret world.

Lol... nice. That's a cute idea; could make some good storylines.

I've been trying to decide how I want to incorporate an actor in my "weird" save game. I have one normal couple (the Sweets) that live in a gingerbread house. I'm pretty committed to keeping them as the only "normal"... Average Joe Sims in that game but I think strangerville will be a good place for an actor in that game for a bit of extra oddity. I have an alien comedian so I might make a vampire actor. I think the sweets might need to start having children so one of them could be the detective that solves the strangerville mystery. I just feel like my first mystery solver should be normal, definitely not an occult.

I'm starting to get too many ideas now, an evil vampire military General could be fun to play.
    19172275569_bb0181ed75.jpgGingerThyme; by T Reece, on Flickr
  • Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,449 Member
    Seriously, you guys have some awesome Sims! I'm really enjoying all of the pictures, and everyone's stories have got me wanting to try so many different things, I don't know what to do first. :D<3
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    IreneLudwigIreneLudwig Posts: 125 Member
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    In one save, after I have had a local sim solve the mystery, I'm going to have my alien queen move in and take over the town and force the town to obey her. Here is Queen Dione, her personal guard Praesidio Primus and her chief council Consiliaro Prudens. I'm working on revamping my alien space ship, the Perigee III, into a royal ship that brought the queen and her landing party to Strangerville.

These Sims are awesome! Can I find them in the gallery?
  • Options
    divanthesimmerdivanthesimmer Posts: 1,462 Member
    Not sure yet, but it'll definitely involve service sims, aliens and mad scientists...
    phULnBI.png
    Check out my SimLit blog here: https://ageekylegacy.wordpress.com/
    Follow me on Twitter @divanthesimmer
    Follow me on Tumblr: https://www.tumblr.com/dashboard/blog/divanthesimmer
    Origin ID: divanthesimmer
  • Options
    edited February 2019
    Dannydanbo wrote: »

These Sims are awesome! Can I find them in the gallery?

I just downloaded them per your request. You can find them at my I.D. #dannydanbo

I have an outfit for every category and two for a couple of categories. I needed to add their flight suit in for my story line. That includes their disguises so that, at first, they can mingle among the Strangerville town folk. I hope you enjoy them.

Now that I've watched a couple of CAS/build/buy videos, I'm going to wait until the pack drops and redo some things in the royal space craft, the Perigee III, using some of the new, cool objects.
  • Options
    From the very first viewing of the trailer, I began creating a list of ideas that I could try out in the new pack. After watching James' video of the town and it's lots, I suddenly got the idea to create the Ewings from the TV show Dallas (anyone else old enough to remember them?). I think it might have been the oil derricks in the open areas. A story popped into my heads that the Ewings owned all the oil land in and around Strangerville, but when the accident happened and the crater was created and the military moved in and built a base, a lot of his land was taken from him and the family was left with a much smaller oil field than before. So, after noticing that some of the towns folk have begun to act oddly (including his best friend, the Strangerville mayor) Jock decides to do something about it. So he, Bobby and J.R. set out to fix the situation and get their oil fields back.