Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Will infections spread across all worlds?

In the new pack world, does the infections or whatever that craziness spread into another worlds? This is a major big deal to me, and if it does then I won't buy this pack..
I dont want my normal sane sims to be infected with these crazy facial expressions..
If anyone knows please, share..

Comments

• Options
    Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    I hope not.
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • Options
    ModseyModsey Posts: 1,468 Member
    edited February 2019
    I'm hoping it's like jungle adventure where nothing really leaves the world of selvadorada unless you want to (I don't think I've ever seen a single sim from there outside in the rest of the world)

I'd really like it if this game pack is like that and all the effects and people in this town are isolated to that town (also it's kind of cool the idea of a small town that nobody leaves) so that way you can have a normal game with this option somewhere in the back
  • Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,427 Member
    Let's hope it comes with options to turn it off so we can play around with it in some saves and play normal sims in other saves.
  • Options
    rinre33rinre33 Posts: 697 Member
    Precisely my thoughts. Seems like it could be fun to play around with in a separate save or be preventable (like rabid rodent disease), but if it's an unavoidable feature than I will stay away
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    Yesterday pics were released of sims having this in other worlds. One was Brendleton Bay.
  • Options
    graventhegraventhe Posts: 1,330 Member
    Yesterday pics were released of sims having this in other worlds. One was Brendleton Bay.

Yes I noticed that yesterday in their Twitter, that's why I'm worried..
  • Options
    ModseyModsey Posts: 1,468 Member
    Can someone tweet the gurus and ask or tag the right person into the thread and ask or something?
  • Options
    GreyWindGreyWind Posts: 489 Member
    I hope you can turn it off. I hated the Sims 3 zombies
  • Options
    kellzakellza Posts: 197 Member
    Fingers crossed it stays in one location/can be turned off.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    I don't want to spoil any of the mystery/story for this pack, but I want to put your concerns to rest: the infected Sims will not spread to other worlds; it's an event that's contained within StrangerVille.

That's a relief.
  • Options
    FairyGodMotherFairyGodMother Posts: 7,406 Member
    So glad its only contained to StrangerVille. Now I am excited and can't wait for this pack to come out!
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    I don't want to spoil any of the mystery/story for this pack, but I want to put your concerns to rest: the infected Sims will not spread to other worlds; it's an event that's contained within StrangerVille.
    Awesome, and what a speedy reply thank you <3

Like @Modsey above, I'm hoping it's a vacation kinda world that we can visit like the jungle, have fun there and then come home.
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member

That's good to know as I would not really care to see crazies going after my sims kids and sim pets. I think in this case it is a good thing to keep contained to one area - just like the military would be prone to do anyway.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    Why would they go after kids or pets?
  • Options
    KalopsianDreamerKalopsianDreamer Posts: 183 Member
    edited February 2019
    It's been confirmed that it's not only limited to Strangerville, but there is also an option to turn the 'strange-ness' off completely.

Oh, and it's a liveable world.
    Post edited by KalopsianDreamer on
    ĆØΜ€ ŦØ ŦĦ€ ĆŘΔŦ€Ř - ΜØŦĦ€Ř ĆΔŁŁŞ ¥ØỮ ĦØΜ€
  • Options
    floridameerkatfloridameerkat Posts: 1,190 Member
    It's been confirmed that it's not only limited to Strangerville, but there is also an option to turn the 'strange-ness' off completely.

Where was it confirmed that isn't limited to the new world? One of the gurus just confirmed in this thread that it is.
    Gallery ID: floridameerkat
    Family trees:
    Young
    Pearce
    Niner
  • Options
    floridameerkatfloridameerkat Posts: 1,190 Member

@catloverplayer What pic are you referring to?
    Gallery ID: floridameerkat
    Family trees:
    Young
    Pearce
    Niner
  • Options
    mikamika Posts: 1,733 Member

The opposite has been confirmed. The infection stays in Strangerville.
  • Options
    Kita5399Kita5399 Posts: 2,112 Member
    @floridameerkat
    There was some conflicting info on Twitter. SimGuruHouts had a tweet saying it was contained to that one world, but the gurus had profile pics showing the “zombie” Sims in other worlds. I don’t know if they were just staged/used for testing, or if it means it is only isolated to that world if you don’t actively engage the story?
  • Options
    GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    edited February 2019
    Oh I am glad this is confined to one place and they are not all over the place, but then if it was available in other neighborhoods and the option was available to shut it down I see no problem with it also it can expand the mystery across other neighborhoods on an larger scale and thought out real well and that is my opinion. Any other features should be available to other neighborhoods and not Strangeville alone.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    All of your questions (mostly, your concerns) can be answered in the General Discussion section in the Sim Gurus On Twitter made by simgirl1010.