Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

My sim can't date or get married what is going on ??

Anyone Help ?? Please ???

Comments

• Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    edited May 2011
    What do you mean when you say they can't date? Do you mean they can't become romantic interest? To propose marriage they must first be going steady. If they are going steady and propose marriage won't come up then you have the can't get married bug.
  • Options
    farrahwilliams1farrahwilliams1 Posts: 25
    edited May 2011
    Okay well my sim has the date 10 sims lifetime wish ive had five boyfriends already and i cant prupose going steady get married or anything ...So what do i do ? Everything was fine ?? Did i do something wrong ?? Can i uninstall reinstall ???
  • Options
    evilkyttievilkytti Posts: 2,854 New Member
    edited May 2011
    Since your Sims has 5 boyfriends I think that's the reason she can't go steady or marry anybody.
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    no no ive had five boyfriends then broke up,, you can only have one boyfriend at a time... its one of the lifetime wishes heartbreaker be the boyfriend OR girlfriend of ten different sims .... i can not ask purpose going steady at all !!! And no I have no current boyfriend
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    Deleted.
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    no no ive had five boyfriends then broke up,, you can only have one boyfriend at a time... its one of the lifetime wishes heartbreaker be the boyfriend OR girlfriend of ten different sims .... i can not ask purpose going steady at all !!! And no I have no current boyfriend

Then unfortuanly it sounds like you have a bug. There is a bug called the can't date or marry bug that is rare but hasn't been fixed with a patch.
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    Yeah i can't do anything like that purpose going steady at all and i have romantic intrests nothing !!!!! :(
  • Options
    edited May 2011

Then unfortuanly it sounds like you have a bug. There is a bug called the can't date or marry bug that is rare but hasn't been fixed with a patch.

OHHH so it's nothing i can fix yet then ?? Theres no way around it at all ??!! THAT really stinks i have got so far in my game !!! :(
  • Options
    ErnesaTErnesaT Posts: 7,474 Member
    edited May 2011
    I am currently playing a female sim with that wish but can't get to the next bf. I'm about to change her LTW.
    yY5vKua.png[img][/img]
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    Op is there an option to ask the sim if their single? They may not be and if they arn't you can ask them to break up.

• Options
    evilkyttievilkytti Posts: 2,854 New Member
    edited May 2011
    Make sure they don't have a girlfriend and you don't know it. See if you have the option to ask them to break up with the girlfiend if they have one.
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    OP here is the thread on the Can't Date or Marry Bug.

http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/155234.page
  • Options
    wickichickwickichick Posts: 11,130 Member
    edited May 2011
    is the sim your sim is dating living in her household? If not they may be involved....have you checked that out? Also the committment issues will prevent your relationship from being anything more than a romantic interest...if the sim is single and doesn't have the committment issue trait...try merging them together in one household...if that doesn't work then try moving to another town...that should shake a glitch in the relationship.
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    ok the people im asking ARE single....Sometimes i have the option to ask them if they are single and sometimes i dont ?? i just cant ask purpose going steady ... Thank you SOOO much !!!
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    Thanks for talking to me everyone catloverplayer so you mean to tell me in short there is no fix as of yet ?? I read some of the posts on the "Date marry bug" and appears to be the case !!! Ridicluos !!! unexceptable !!!
  • Options
    edited May 2011
  • Options
    TigatoeTigatoe Posts: 1
    edited October 2012
    I'm having the same issue. My sim was dating someone and then her boyfriends household moved towns, so I can't break up with him to move on to my next boyfriend.
  • Options
    Kevinfossett_Kevinfossett_ Posts: 1 New Member
    I need help. My sims relationship bar is full but she can’t go steady. What is this from. And it’s not just this one sim the other one can’t either.
  • Options
    EA_RtasEA_Rtas Posts: 2,875 EA Community Manager
    Please don't necropost in extremely old threads. I'm going to go ahead and close off this thread now as it has been inactive since 2012, If you have any questions about necroposting you can read this thread here : Necroposting
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top