Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Does anyone like the extreme emotional deaths

124...Next

Comments

• Options
    aaronjc123aaronjc123 Posts: 1,117 Member
    edited November 2018
    Cardiac arrest is understandable.. the others are kind of stupid. I know that certain elements of The Sims is supposed to be a bit silly but.. eh, in this particular case it doesn't do much for me.

Fortunately my sims very rarely become mortified, hysterical or enraged.
  • Options
    ParmaViolet87ParmaViolet87 Posts: 1,800 Member
    michelei wrote: »
    I am not a fan of most of the emotional deaths. I think dying of laughter is unnecessary and just too silly. Now dying from being frightened to death that would be amazing.

Frightened would be a great emotional state to have. There's lots for sims to be frightened of...ghosts, fires, bears, thunderstorms! 'Tense' doesn't cut it IMO.
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    catitude5catitude5 Posts: 2,537 Member
    I don't want it to happen unless it's something I want to do for the story. I just go out without saving.
  • Options
    SimmerUnikornSimmerUnikorn Posts: 80 Member
    edited November 2018
    My baby daddy died one day after the wedding. :'(

45798467102_28eb510dc4_z.jpg

He was a goofball and was hysterical.
    -Simmer Unikorn
  • Options
    x_Always_Heart_xx_Always_Heart_x Posts: 567 Member
    I had a teen girl die from laughter. Ended up restarting everything and lost a lot of progress.

I wasn’t happy that day.
  • Options
    FeisbukaiteFeisbukaite Posts: 703 Member
    Three sims died from hysteria in last two gaming sessions. And other four died earlier this year ,plus one spared by grim reaper. I’m fine with emotional deaths, because I have too many sims anyway.
  • Options
    JujuAwesomeBeansJujuAwesomeBeans Posts: 85 Member
    I've had a hard time with my sims dying. They are some persistent buggers. Some of mine have had all of their needs in the red, and still survive for days. I thought my one sim would for sure die from hunger, but nope. Right at the last minute, she pulls out a candy bar and eats it! LOL.
  • Options
    NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member
    I wonder if people are allowing their sims to do too much activity which causes the "playful" moodlet. It is so easy to have them not die from hysteria. Don't allow baths as that makes a playful sim very playful/hysterical. Also, do things that counteract the playful moodlet to tone it down, like calming down via a mirror. Guess it may he the playstyles.
  • Options
    ladysweettartladysweettart Posts: 239 Member
    edited November 2018
    I haven't had to deal with one yet (thankfully), but it does annoy me how easily a sim can become hysterical and it sort of feels like the developers' way of punishing simmers who are really good at managing their sims' needs (with the way happy moodlets will "stack" for it).

Of all the extreme emotions, in three saves I've had several sims end up "hysterical", and none have ever been enraged or mortified, so to me at least those are pretty easy to avoid. I've noticed sims with the goofball trait or erratic (formerly insane) trait tend to be more likely to become hysterical more often than other sims. I've always just used the mirror to calm down whenever hysterical has come up (or sent them to sleep), and have always avoided death from it. I remember hearing it gives you more time with hysterical than the other two before killing your sim and I'm thinking that might be true from what I've seen I'm my game.
    I have a YouTube Channel dedicated to Sims 4! You can find it here if you are so inclined!

www.youtube.com/c/LadySweettart
  • Options
    SjofnSjofn Posts: 332 Member
    I like them. They happen pretty rarely for me, though. It's always been Hysterical, and I can count on one hand how many times it actually happened.
  • Options
    NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member
    I haven't had to deal with one yet (thankfully), but it does annoy me how easily a sim can become hysterical and it sort of feels like the developers' way of punishing simmers who are really good at managing their sims' needs (with the way happy moodlets will "stack" for it).

Of all the extreme emotions, in three saves I've had several sims end up "hysterical", and none have ever been enraged or mortified, so to me at least those are pretty easy to avoid. I've noticed sims with the goofball trait or erratic (formerly insane) trait tend to be more likely to become hysterical more often than other sims. I've always just used the mirror to calm down whenever hysterical has come up (or sent them to sleep), and have always avoided death from it. I remember hearing it gives you more time with hysterical than the other two before killing your sim and I'm thinking that might be true from what I've seen I'm my game.

The last time I tried to actually kill a sim by hysteria (black widow challenge), it was too hard. I had them at very hysterical and it took way to much effort to even get them at that point.
  • Options
    ReitannaReitanna Posts: 294 Member
    I HATE the emotional deaths, so I use a mod to keep them from happening. it's so unrealistic, even for a cartoony game like this.
    I'm so old, I remember when "hashtags" were called POUND SIGNS.

K7ZEXAi.png
  • Options
    alyssa123alyssa123 Posts: 323 Member
    edited November 2018
    i don't even bother. they're all too difficult to achieve, in my opinion. i did a laughing death via cheats once and it wasn't too much better than, say, starving to death. i think the emotional deaths should be made easier to achieve, or taken out of the game completely.
    when gravity falls and the earth becomes sky, fear the beast with just one eye
  • Options
    MilwayLangMilwayLang Posts: 180 Member
    I honestly liked it at first. It does happen in real life (except mortified one, I don't think it's real), and I do like realism portrayed by something 'different' like TS. I hate it sometimes because those three emotions (mortified, hisysterical, anger) could kill my sim anytime.

I once made my sims fighting with his brother and ended up dead by cardiac explosion.

Without warning, then BOOM! He's dead.
    Hello, my name is Soop Kreem. You can check my Adams' Family Tree

yh.jpg
  • Options
    cat_momcat_mom Posts: 36 Member
    I like emotional death. It adds a bit of unpredictability to your story. Something I experienced recently, one of sims died while I was playing another household (I play rotationally). I don't know how or where he died. I suspect he may have froze to death since it was winter. I didn't know this could happen. Too bad, he and his wife just finished the soul mate inspiration and I was planning a family for them. Instead, I moved the survivor back in with her family. I was a bit bummed out about this, but then I thought it was okay, I'll just change the story line. Although I wish I know how and where he died. No mourning for the wife.
  • Options
    ashraTdeznanashraTdeznan Posts: 4 New Member
    yes. I think its fun for the game, though it hasn't happened to me accidentally. Always had to push for an 'emotional' death, kind of wished the anger one happened more often. Ive had sims accidentally catch on fire, overheat or freeze a accidentally more often and had to restart the current gameplay (but I now always save after 30mins of gameplay in case of 'accidents' sometimes I just go with it and play like it was 'fate' even if the tragedy did only happen to a townie) :D
  • Options
    sazzieJsazzieJ Posts: 150 Member
    emotional deaths are something that i like the idea of. the sims is meant to be a mix of realism and silly. the emotional deaths in my games, have been difficult to come by even when trying so sometimes i forget theyre even there especially since most emotions are overridden by sims being happy.

it adds a nice spice to the game if a sim does die unexpectedly as IMO it gets boring seeing the family tree and its all old age deaths. itd be nice if fear was introduced as its a key emotion and not having it is disappointing but then again, a nicely decorated room, good food, good music and a happy ish type action would see the fear ago away.

personally id like it to be easier to achieve an emotional death with a tick box in options for those who dont want it at all, as the pleasentville style gameplay is starting to get really boring. sugar spice and all things nice is all well and good but sometimes id like a small element of doom and gloom for my sims and an emotional death, for me, would be a great start
  • Options
    roBurkroBurk Posts: 8 New Member
    I've still never experienced one!
  • Options
    AshtontoAshton22AshtontoAshton22 Posts: 1,797 Member
    I like embarrassment when done to others specifically Nancy Landgraab and I like laughter for my Sims. Anger though, I think is unnecessary.
  • Options
    NindigoNindigo Posts: 2,764 Member
    I don't like that they are a thing in my beloved game, but I never experience them. My Sims are boringly happy most of the time.

Origin ID: Nindigo79

A smile is the prettiest thing you can wear
    Time enjoyed is never time wasted

• Options
    katrinasforestkatrinasforest Posts: 1,002 Member
    I've never had an emotional death that I didn't set up on purpose. I once had a character get mortified unintentionally (romantic rejection followed by bladder failure... ouch.) I calmed her down and she was fine.

All the households I play have the death flower growing somewhere or in someone's inventory just in case. (Almost needed it the other day... I hadn't noticed that my vampire wandered outside in the sun.)

I like the randomness. It makes the game interesting.
    Watch me mash together Sims and Pokémon to tell a story about battling glitches in Penny Saves Paldea. Updated every other Thursday.