Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Fire department?

So my Sim started a fire in their apartment, there is an alarm blaring on the wall but no firemen ever show up. Eventually I try to do some action and am shown that the sim must extinguish the fire.

Is there no fire dept. for the sims that live in apartments?

Comments

• Options
    CupidCupid Posts: 3,623 Member
    No~

(post body count too short)
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)
  • Options
    KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member
    Jalida wrote: »
    So my Sim started a fire in their apartment, there is an alarm blaring on the wall but no firemen ever show up. Eventually I try to do some action and am shown that the sim must extinguish the fire.

Is there no fire dept. for the sims that live in apartments?

The Sims 4 does not have fire fighters, police or burglars atm...(hope this changes) which is very sad if you ask me. ;-;
  • Options
    JalidaJalida Posts: 2,181 Member
    edited February 2019
    WTH?

Why did I just give the franchise another $60.00 for expansions when something as basic as a fire dept isn't available? What was I thinking.

Game has been out for far too many years to not have fire fighters, police or burglars. A total waste of money on my part. I was hoping for so much more with the expansions.
  • Options
    JassieteacakeJassieteacake Posts: 237 Member
    I don't understand it either. It's very disappointing!
  • Options
    KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member
    WTH?

Why did I just give the franchise another $60.00 for expansions when something as basic as a fire dept isn't available? What was I thinking.

Game has been out for far too many years to not have fire fighters, police or burglars. A total waste of money on my part. I was hoping for so much more with the expansions.

Welcome to the Sims 4......(sorry if that sounds rude but it's sadly true)
  • Options
    edited February 2019
    It is sad. I shouldn't have said "what was I thinking" I should have said "what was EA thinking".

This is just ridiculous and feels like a shell of a game. Here I thought, buy some expansions, and flesh out the game... Not with the expansions I bought,.

Sad that I can't refund expansion packs or I would.

Shame, EA, shame on you.
  • Options
    ChuChuExpressChuChuExpress Posts: 3,228 Member
    The Fire Prevention System Utility Panel, when placed outside your house, can pretty much activate the sprinklers within a few seconds. Some suggest having the fire prevention system in the room where the fire risk is higher. I would be surprised that the fire prevention system hasn't been installed in the apartments. In real life, apartments have to have a smoke detector and a sprinkler system linked up.
    e6581e69b0d7d8f9e02cb1e30b50f464959bfb2a.png
    Sims 4 Family: Benjamin, Shine, Princess Roddy, Sophia and Hamish Furystrykar and Shelly Heart. Princess Roddy is my avatar, and he's a boy!
    Let those smiles spread!
  • Options
    CupidCupid Posts: 3,623 Member
    edited February 2019
    Here I thought, buy some expansions, and flesh out the game... Not with the expansions I bought,.

Sad that I can't refund expansion packs or I would.

Don't rely on thoughts. There's tons of information available on all the expansions so there's not really much of a reason to make assumptions over what you're going to get for your money. The power is very much in your hands.
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)
  • Options
    edited February 2019
    Yeah I guess I just (here we go again) "thought" that fire dept. & police were in the base game. I've rarely played TS4, spent most of my time in TS3 so just assumed (you know, made an 🐸🐸🐸🐸 out of me) that something as basic was in the base game.

So by the time that I had my first kitchen fire in TS4 it was after buying the 3 expansions that I just bought.
  • Options
    gnelso1239gnelso1239 Posts: 190 Member
    I miss police officers and firefighters as well. Roasted a sim accidentally before I caught on to the prevention system and wonky sim response dynamics. At the end of the day this game is the gurus'; we get what they think we need (although they give largely token efforts to make it seem like it's the consumers') and I can only hope they decide it's something their story needs.
  • Options
    Zeldaboy180Zeldaboy180 Posts: 5,997 Member
    Sorry for laughing but yeah fire men NEED to be in this game.

Not all of my sims are brave souls who put their fires out themselves. Its completely unimmersive.
    e68338c368f106ae784e73111955bd86.png
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited February 2019
    Sprinkler system puts out the fire fast. Didn't you install the sprinkler? Lots faster than fire departments - besides no roads for fire trucks or police either so no point in having them if they can't get to your house or apt.
    Post edited by Writin_Reg on

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,595 Member
    I remember grant mentioning last year in his tweet the only reason burglars weren't in the game was because they haven't made them yet. So I i hope this year we'll see them. :)

Only thing similar to the burglar in a way is the vampires that break into your sims home. Cept they're not stealing things and looking to get a 'bite' to eat. Tend to forget to lock most of the doors for some sims and the end result is not good. :#

Luckily with the sprinkler system and sims actually feeling the need to put the fire out autonomously my sim has never died by fire. Had a party one of the guests had went upstairs to turn on the fireplace for some reason ruined that room and the party. About two sims there put out the fire autonomously and they don't have the confident trait either. Guess it just depends.

@writing_reg It could work. If you ever played the sims urbz they had this one sim that would revive your sim when something went wrong (fire, etc.) by coming in on a line like they came from a helicopter. It was pretty silly, but appropriate for the sims. Always thought it was pretty funny but unique. :)
    5vJrxmT.png
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,570 Member
    edited February 2019
    The Fire Prevention System Utility Panel, when placed outside your house, can pretty much activate the sprinklers within a few seconds. Some suggest having the fire prevention system in the room where the fire risk is higher. I would be surprised that the fire prevention system hasn't been installed in the apartments. In real life, apartments have to have a smoke detector and a sprinkler system linked up.

It has to be outside? :open_mouth: I've always hung it on a wall inside. :open_mouth: Yikes.

In RL all dwellings must be equipped with smoke detectors
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    Writin_Reg wrote: »
    Sprinkler system puts out the fire fast. Didn't you install the sprinkler? Lots faster than fire departments - besides no roads for fire trucks or police either so no point in having them if they can't get to your house or apt.

Seems to me they only need come up the elevator or stairs to get to apartment to put out fire. They need no roads, they simply appear outside the elevator or stairs to do their business.
  • Options
    MylitaMylita Posts: 4,447 Member
    I always put a small smoke alarm by the stove or other spots that could be combustible and the bigger one on the outside of the house. I wouldn't think the lack of roads would be a problem for the firemen/police, given we all travel by 'teleportation' from the lot anyway.

Mylita
    No friends requests, please.
  • Options
    edited February 2019

Seems to me they only need come up the elevator or stairs to get to apartment to put out fire. They need no roads, they simply appear outside the elevator or stairs to do their business.

Well they do not really have stairs or much of an elevator they have a door that teleports from outside to their apt door only.. It's not like sims 2 or 3 - you don't even see a lobby - you go in the front door and they are in the hall to go in your apartment or to knock on the door of the next door apartment - mostly to complain about noise. Nothing much like previous sims games.. I highly doubt firemen could even go into the apts. I knock on my neighbors door and they just stop noise - not invite my sim in. That teleport seems to have one function - getting your sims from the apartment to the festivales - period.
    Post edited by Writin_Reg on

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!

• Options

They can't go into apartment unless your sim gives them a key and all they do is come in and eat all your food. Nothing else. Might have worked in previous sims games but not this one. Try it for yourself.

In dreams - I LIVE!

• Options
    My point was that they can program it in. Not what they can or can't do at the moment.

Sadly, just one more feature removed/ not added to TS4.
  • Options
    I doubt they will do that as they made it to allow friends to use your place when you give them keys (even though it is annoying to me - they are not known to change things in Sims 4 to make it like other games. It is just different and the sprinkler system does take care of fires with no one coming in as long as your sim places a sprinkler system. They made it pretty clear that Sims 1 is different than Sims 2, Sims 2 is different than Sims 3 - etc. They do not want the games like each other - obviously and seem to have no plans to change it.

In dreams - I LIVE!