Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Something surprising for 19th anniversary of The Sims

I was going to hope slow dancing and a slow jam/ballad radio station coming up, but no wonder if something else is coming to The Sims 4. What do y’all think?

Comments

• Options
    AshtontoAshton22AshtontoAshton22 Posts: 1,797 Member
    I think a CAS item but that's about it.
  • Options
    rudy8292rudy8292 Posts: 3,410 Member
    edited January 2019
    A hairstyle and maybe (if they feel really generous) a table, that's my guess.

To be honest I'm not expecting a massive new feature (custom stairs or even cars or baby overhaul).
  • Options
    jcp011c2jcp011c2 Posts: 10,861 Member
    Maybe an announcement of something upcoming. i don't expect any actual content for it. Though there could certainly be something in the Feb patch that they could say is for it.
    It's kind of sad that I have to point out that anything I say is only just my opinion and may be a different one from someone else.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    It's possible it will be a pond tool since we now have terraforming.
  • Options
    alicia17alicia17 Posts: 18 Member
    maybe more cake cooking options as its an anniversary. and possibly some celebratory cas items
  • Options
    jude72plajude72pla Posts: 784 Member
    The lights that came in the new holiday pack, but with out the garland
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    I'm thinking maybe some new CAS like we got the shirt last year. They're probably planning ahead for something big for the 20th anniversary next year.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    How about something for the 10th anniversary of TS3 which is still miles ahead of TS4?

Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    Lady_BalloraLady_Ballora Posts: 786 Member

How about something for the 10th anniversary of TS3 which is still miles ahead of TS4?

Wouldn't this be better for a Sims 3 forum?
    Why do you hide inside these walls?
  • Options
    Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,109 Member
    Bug fixes! Maybe one of the temporary challenges like they sometimes do for events such as Halloween.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member

February 4th is the anniversary for The Sims series as a whole -- Sims 4's individual anniversary isn't until September and they don't make a big deal about that.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    AshtontoAshton22AshtontoAshton22 Posts: 1,797 Member
    I'm also guessing yet another challenge with Jasmine Holiday.
  • Options
    I hope we're getting some free content and not just a challenge.
  • Options
    comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    I hope we're getting some free content and not just a challenge.

me to
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • Options
    doogeriedoogerie Posts: 765 Member
    I hope is something like the "we love the sims" give away you know like when the Sims 4 was released we got a fully loaded Sims 2 like that but with the Sims 3.
    Well, you did say surprising.
  • Options
    Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,109 Member
    Free stuff would definitely be nice :)
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • Options
    CeCeDotCeCeDot Posts: 230 Member
    More npc's would be amazing! Or npc's from previous iterations
  • Options
    mikamika Posts: 1,733 Member
    I hope they finally add cemetaries but it's unlikely, so I'll just say cops and firefighters active outside of the career
  • Options
    I want some free Valentine's Day goodies. I know we got a lot of VDay stuff in Seasons but we could still use more especially a vibrating heart shaped bed.
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    Well since February has Valentines I wish they'd add bed lounging animations, cuddling, and shower woohoo. I'd be satisfied also with the classic vibrating bed which is a staple of the series and TS4 is the only game without it and perhaps a lips couch.

What I think they'll add is nothing really. Probably a patch announcement and another female hair *eyeroll*.

I hope at least that they fix the bugs.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    edited February 2019
    I want something big such as personalities or cars or lay on the bed & better romance or memory but I don't expect that much from them.
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • Options
    edited February 2019

Quoting cat, who quoted Kate.

"Please set your expectations accordingly."
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    ctthomasctthomas Posts: 136 Member
    Sigzy05 wrote: »

Thanks for sharing! But I think "please set your expectations accordingly" has to do more with what will be revealed in Maxis Monthly rather than what the new upcoming content will be.

My guess is liberated babies. It might not be this month, though. Maybe they'll just announce this month and then release the content later. Really, though, it's been 3 months since anything new (except the Lindsay). I'm sure they're releasing something big soon.
  • Options
    edited February 2019
    ctthomas wrote: »
    Sigzy05 wrote: »

Thanks for sharing! But I think "please set your expectations accordingly" has to do more with what will be revealed in Maxis Monthly rather than what the new upcoming content will be.

My guess is liberated babies. It might not be this month, though. Maybe they'll just announce this month and then release the content later. Really, though, it's been 3 months since anything new (except the Lindsay). I'm sure they're releasing something big soon.

The phrase has to do with the stream overall. We might not get any content teases or announcements even.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    I want something big such as personalities or cars or lay on the bed & better romance or memory but I don't expect that much from them.

This.