Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Loving Couple Looking To Adopt [PROLOGUE TO SERIES] [CLOSED CASTING]

nbgangelovanbgangelova Posts: 194 Member
Hello everyone! This post is an introduction to the Beasley family and information on how to submit your sim family for casting in my upcoming series. If you are interested in taking part in a story about a child being adopted into the Beasley family (and going through the general drama of life), please read carefully!

MEET ANN AND NICHOLAS BEASLEY!

53lc1j.png

They're a beautiful couple that met sophomore year at Newport University. The two fell in love instantly and, to their friends' chagrin, moved in together six months into the relationship. Ann graduated with a degree in business management shortly later, while Nicholas went on to medical school post-grad. On the day he graduated medical school and began his residency in Newport, Nicholas proposed to Ann. Within a year they were married and bought their first home.

4sd547.png

While things may seem perfect for the couple, they've recently had to face their greatest challenge: fertility. They're young and believed that there would be plenty of time to try for a baby, but due to an unforeseen medical condition, it has come to attention that Ann is infertile. The news came as a tragedy for the Beasley's, and after a brief grieving period for the children they'd wished to have together, they've come to a conclusion. Even though they cannot have their own child, it will not stop them from completing their family.

egqxy0.png

The couple is looking to adopt a child and are open to applicants!

There are THREE requirements:

1. Pregnant sims only! This is a prelude to a series that might involve the biological parents, so uploading just a child won't work. If you wish to be involved, you must post a family with one pregnant sim. Adding the biological father is optional but definitely recommended, as it'll enrich the story.

2. While the gender of the baby won't affect the plans for my story (I have prepared stories for both options), I must ask that there only be one possible offspring. If you don't use a mod that helps predetermine the number of offspring, I'll have to let you know that if there are multiples I will have to choose only one. The other(s) will be deleted.

3. Have a rich backstory for your pregnant sim (and the biological father, if you choose to include him). I'll add it to the main story line in the series! The backstory may very well be the deciding factor for who the Beasley's choose!

The couple will be reviewing applications from January 21st, 2019 until January 25th. To apply, there are two steps to take. First, please copy and paste the application form below and offer as much information as possible in a reply to this thread. Second, upload your family to the gallery at the same time you apply. Custom content is welcome, just know that if I don't use what you have I'll replace it with MM content. When uploading to the gallery, please include your family's backstory and the hashtag #beasleyadoption in the description.

APPLICATION

1. Gallery Family Name:

2. Backstory:

3. Number of Sim(s) In Family Uploaded:

4. Age of Sims Uploaded:

And that's it! Any questions or inquiries, please post in the comments below.

Thank you for your consideration!

PS: For those of you who have been private messaging me and haven't replied to my responses, please post publicly also!

Post edited by nbgangelova on

Comments

• Options
    VanPelt81VanPelt81 Posts: 2,990 Member
    edited January 2019
    I'll submit a couple into this...

1. Gallery Family Name: Accidentally Expecting

2. Backstory: Bertram Acorsi & Anna-Nicole Laundry-Basket had a one night stand that is now haunting them due to Anna-Nicole being pregnant with their kid. Neither Bertram or Anna-Nicole are ready or fit to be parents plus the two of them absolutely hate each other. As a result, they want to give their baby up for adoption since the baby deserves better than them as parents.

3. Number of Sim(s) In Family Uploaded: 2

4. Age of Sims Uploaded: Bertram is 32, Anna-Nicole is 21

This household can also be found with the hashtags #AccidentallyExpecting #Pregnant & #nbgangalova in addition to the link above.
  • Options
    @VanPelt81

Thank you so much for your application!
  • Options
    JessicthulhuJessicthulhu Posts: 315 Member
    Do you have a deadline? I have some sims in mind that I've created, but I need to play a little to get them where I want them for this.

• Options
    Do you have a deadline? I have some sims in mind that I've created, but I need to play a little to get them where I want them for this.

I do want the sims in by the 25th BUT if you're planning to develop your sims and it might take a little extra time, I'm okay waiting a couple days longer for your sims to be uploaded to the gallery. To be fair I would ask that your application be posted by the 25th, though! :)
  • Options
    Quick PSA

After some consideration, I've determined that if anyone wants to submit more than one family that is also okay with me! Three families max, though!
  • Options
    pammiechickpammiechick Posts: 12,262 Member
    Quick PSA

After some consideration, I've determined that if anyone wants to submit more than one family that is also okay with me! Three families max, though!

I want to submit!! :smiley: Might sub a few, too...hmm...
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
  • Options
    Quick PSA

Giiiiiiirl long time no talk haha! Please do, I'd love to see what you've got brewing.
  • Options
    Awwww yay this is finally starting to pick up a bit! I was worried there for a while!
  • Options
    Skcaga6Skcaga6 Posts: 3,399 Member
    I'll definitely be submitting a family or three. lol
    wotgen6.gif?w=656
  • Options
    Skcaga6 wrote: »
    I'll definitely be submitting a family or three. lol

Sounds like a good plan ;)
  • Options
    1. Gallery Family Name: Goodman

2. Backstory: Angelique had been hired by the Goodman family to be the live-in nanny for the two children. Gregory and Tyler's marriage had been one of business and never of love. While they do care for each other, the love has never been there. This resulted in Gregory turning to Angelique. The two of them truly do love each other, but if Gregory leaves his wife, he loses everything he worked so hard to gain. Now that Angelique is pregnant, things have become even more complicated. If Tyler finds out that the baby is Gregory's she will certainly file for divorce and take everything from him. Angelique loves Gregory too much to walk away from him, even for their child. She decided that she would put the baby up for adoption and give it a better life than she would be able to provide for him or her. Gregory doesn't want her to do it, but understands why she is.

3. Number of Sim(s) In Family Uploaded: 5 plus unborn baby (only 1 according to MCCC)

4. Age of Sims Uploaded: Gregory is 30, Tyler is 28, Angelique is 22, Jarrod is 7, and Kyleigh is 2

I don't think I used any CC on them but you will have to click the modded button because I do have default replacement eyes and skin. I also forgot to hashtag them. If you have trouble finding them, my ID there is the same as here. I don't believe I have any other families with the name.
    wotgen6.gif?w=656
  • Options
    VanPelt81VanPelt81 Posts: 2,990 Member
    edited January 2019
    Quick PSA

Definitely taking advantage of this with 2 more couples...

Gallery Family Name: Smooth Criminals

Backstory: Laguna Beach & Tabasco Sauce are small time criminals who can't provide for themselves, much less start a family. Add into that Laguna's mental status & Tabasco being a hothead who loves fistfights, they are terrible parent material. Raher than have that kid taken away frm them by social services, they decieded to give it up for adoption upon the baby being born.

Number of Sim(s) In Family Uploaded: 2

Age of Sims Uploaded: Laguna Beach is 24, Tabasco Sauce is 20

Laguna & Tabasco can be found with the #SmoothCriminals #Pregnant #nbgangalova hashtags as well as the link above.

Gallery Family Name: Married to a Geezer

Backstory: Norbert & Ashanti Wagner are a very unusual couple considering that Norbert is old enough to be Ashanti's grandfather. In spit of this, they both love each other in spite of this. Recently Ashanti found out that Norbert has the early stages of dementia and is devestated by this. To make matters worse, after finding out this news, she found out that she was pregnant with Norbert's baby.

Number of Sim(s) In Family Uploaded: 2

Age of Sims Uploaded: Ashanti is 27, Norbert is 86

Ashanti & Norbert can be found with the #MarrriedToAGeezer #Pregnant #nbgangalova hashtags as well as the link above.
  • Options
    Quick PSA

Giiiiiiirl long time no talk haha! Please do, I'd love to see what you've got brewing.

I KNOW!!! Glad to see you around! Working on them...should have them up today. Crossing fingers! ;)
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
  • Options
    Awesome applications everyone! I'm going to hop on today, take a look at all the applicants, and start doing some interviews! If you haven't put in an application or uploaded a family yet, don't worry, I'll do the same for your sims once they're uploaded!
  • Options
    edited January 2019
    ***Rossouw & Hoff***

xPVHqcj.jpg

James is in med school and Felicity is studying to be a vet. They called it quits to their relationship when their respective schools were across the country from each other. But unbeknownst to them, Felicity arrived in Brindleton Bay pregnant. They discussed it and felt their lives were not at a point where they could adequately care for a child. They'd like nothing more than a good home for their sweet baby to be.

Ages: 23 (Felicity) & 25 (James)

Number of sims: 2 (with baby makes 3)

Gallery Link: Rossouw & Hoff
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
  • Options
    mermaidlove4evermermaidlove4ever Posts: 4 New Member
    > 1. Gallery Family Name: College Parents
    >
    > 2. Backstory: Noah has always been there for Chloe (especially after Chloe got into an "accident"). Chloe never has spoken about it except to Noah but one day Chloe asked Noah on a date. Things got pretty heated up and then Chloe started feeling sick. She took a pregnancy test and started crying. She wasn't ready, both of them had just started college! She immediately told Noah and of course, Noah was there for her. They first thought about getting an abortion but decided adoption was the best option. They then saw that the Beasleys were on the wait list for Forever Homes Adoption. The quickly put in the hashtag: #beasleyadoption in and hoped that they were chosen. They regret giving up their future child but wanted it to grow up happy and not in a place where they were always at college. Chloe is now 5 months pregnant and is hoping that this will all be over soon. They truly love their child no matter what and already miss them. (full story, couldn't fit it all on gallery)
    >
    > 3. Number of Sim(s) In Family Uploaded: 2 (not including baby that Chloe is carrying)
    >
    > 4. Age of Sims Uploaded: Noah: 21, Chloe: 19
  • Options
    INFINILokiINFINILoki Posts: 25 Member
    I'd like to submit a family or two but your deadline is tomorrow ; A; i might be able to make one tonight but i need to go to work in just a few hours...
  • Options
    1. Gallery Family Name: Branch

2. Backstory: After a one night stand, Kaylie found herself in a position she never planned to be in. She was pregnant. She hated kids and there was no way she was going to keep this snot nosed brat after it was born.

3. Number of Sim(s) In Family Uploaded: 1 plus unborn baby (only 1 according to MCCC)

4. Age of Sims Uploaded: 26

No CC on her but you will have to click the modded button because I do have default replacement eyes and skin. No hashtag. If you have trouble finding her, my ID there is the same as here. I don't believe I have any other families with the name.
    wotgen6.gif?w=656
  • Options
    INFINILokiINFINILoki Posts: 25 Member
    1. Gallery Family Name: Nightengale ( by Siridess)

2. Backstory: Generva and Dezdon are obssesed with money. They get together becuse of similar goals. never wanting children but finding themselves in a tight spot, they applied for wellfare, and finding out having kids got them more money, they decided to have a few. Over the year, they still had trouble keeping money. Dezdon eating them out of house and home, while Generva's constant crimminal act's causing them to pay fines and bailout money. Belladonna and Jasper both grew up in this life, where Bella wants to be better then the family she was cursed to have, her brother has taken to the life from the start. Finding out her mother is pregnant again, Bella remembers how her brother used to be such a sweet child, and doesnt want to see another one going into a life of proverty and crime. Having been saving money in secret from her family, in an attempt to go into acting classes, she decides to bribe her parents with the money to give the new baby up for adoption. Having found what looks to be a very loving and deserving couple called the beasley's who have a touching story of wanting a baby, she hopes she can get this new child a home and sends out a message after her mother agrees to give the child up. She may have to give her parents her half of her earnings from now on but it will be worth it if the child can have a better life. She'll become an actress someday no matter what, she'll have pleanty of chances...If the child stays, they wont have the same for a happy life.

3. Number of Sim(s) In Family Uploaded: 4 (+baby)

4. Age of Sims Uploaded:
    Mother:42
    Father:48
    Daughter 21
    Son: 15 almost 16
  • Options
    I have one more for you, but my game was refusing to let me knock her up last night. I'll try this morning and send them to you.
    wotgen6.gif?w=656
  • Options
    1. Gallery Family Name: Brady

2. Backstory: Braden and Georgia are high school sweethearts. When Georgia found out she was pregnant, she turned to her parents who kicked her out of the house. Now her and Braden are living on the streets. Knowing that it is not the environment or life for raising a baby, they made the tough decision to give the baby a better life and put it up for adoption.

3. Number of Sim(s) In Family Uploaded:2 plus unborn baby (only 1 according to MCCC)

4. Age of Sims Uploaded: Braden Hardy - 17, Georgia Brady - 16

No CC on them but you will have to click the modded button because I do have default replacement eyes and skin. No hashtag. If you have trouble finding them, my ID there is the same as here. I don't believe I have any other families with the name.
    wotgen6.gif?w=656
  • Options
    edited January 2019
    ***RICHMOND***

IDom4Ay.jpg

Bryant Kerns is the biggest star from the well known boy band, LLAMA LOVE. His college girlfriend, Payton, and he had been dating for five years. But with the pressure of Del Sol Valley upon both of them (Payton an aspiring actress), they've broken up in a tear filled parting. Unfortunately, Payton is now preggers and neither want kids. EVER! Not wishing to abort, they opt for a private adoption away from paparazzi. #ngbangelova

Gallery link: (It's not working right now. Look under #nbgangelova or under my account, pammiechick)
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
  • Options
    INFINILoki wrote: »
    1. Gallery Family Name: Nightengale ( by Siridess)

2. Backstory: Generva and Dezdon are obssesed with money. They get together becuse of similar goals. never wanting children but finding themselves in a tight spot, they applied for wellfare, and finding out having kids got them more money, they decided to have a few. Over the year, they still had trouble keeping money. Dezdon eating them out of house and home, while Generva's constant crimminal act's causing them to pay fines and bailout money. Belladonna and Jasper both grew up in this life, where Bella wants to be better then the family she was cursed to have, her brother has taken to the life from the start. Finding out her mother is pregnant again, Bella remembers how her brother used to be such a sweet child, and doesnt want to see another one going into a life of proverty and crime. Having been saving money in secret from her family, in an attempt to go into acting classes, she decides to bribe her parents with the money to give the new baby up for adoption. Having found what looks to be a very loving and deserving couple called the beasley's who have a touching story of wanting a baby, she hopes she can get this new child a home and sends out a message after her mother agrees to give the child up. She may have to give her parents her half of her earnings from now on but it will be worth it if the child can have a better life. She'll become an actress someday no matter what, she'll have pleanty of chances...If the child stays, they wont have the same for a happy life.

3. Number of Sim(s) In Family Uploaded: 4 (+baby)

4. Age of Sims Uploaded:
    Mother:42
    Father:48
    Daughter 21
    Son: 15 almost 16

Glad you were able to get a family submitted!
  • Options
    edited January 2019
    I am currently doing the interviews with all the families! There are WAAY more submissions than I thought there would be, which means there are too many awesome stories to choose from. So I'm not going just by story alone--although it will have a deciding factor--but also by relationship level. I am currently playing and recording everything, and if the recording ends up nice I'll post it on YouTube. I basically had each family with full needs locked in the house one-by-one for 24 hours and acting on their own record, then screen capping and picture capturing the relationship levels between Ann and the birth mothers. The 3 families with the highest relationship will be in the story (2 of the kids serving as minor characters) and the family with the most interesting/usable backstory will be the one who the Beasley's choose!
    Post edited by nbgangelova on
  • Options

ANNOUNCEMENT

Okay, so as I was editing the video the recording software crashed and I lost all audio! Aaaaawwwesssommme! 2 1/2 hours of recording down the drain in the matter of seconds. And it was so funny too! But it's okay, I screen capped all the relationships at the end of every 24-hour period, so I have all of the relationship levels to compare!

BUT FIRST, A QUICK HIGHLIGHT REEL FROM THE EVENTS THAT TRANSPIRED IN THOSE 2 1/2 HOURS (240 SIM HOURS) BETWEEN EACH FAMILY:

1. Anna-Nicole Laundry-Basket (who I noticed has a first name that's a combination of my the Beasley's) decided to have a mud fight with Ann TWICE. Not a good time! They were more friendly toward the end, but was it enough...?

2. Angelique got along with Nicholas very well! Actually...a little too well. Her, Nicholas, and Ann decided to watch a romantic show and it got them in "the mood". Angelique ended up flirting with Nicholas, which upset Ann and then the Beasley's got into a fight. Not cool, Angelique, not cool! The biological father, on the other hand, ended up raking leaves the entire time. The guy knows how to party!

3. Laguna and Tabasco ended up talking to each other in the bathroom the entire time! I had them walk into the living room and near the Beasleys, so that it'd be more fair, but they always ended up drinking water in the bathroom. An interesting pair. Not quite sure how they've become such mastermind criminals :p

4. Ashanti and Ann actually hit it off quite well! They ended up playing chess together for the most part and talked intermittently. Norbert, on the other hand, decided to make a snowman and spend his time playing in the snow. The snowman was legit too—way better than those frumpy two-lumped snowmen my sims keep making.

5. James and Felicity definitely took the cake on this one in terms of interaction. Felicity actually ended up taking Ann outside to make snowmen AND stargaze/cloudgaze (not sure which, wasn't paying attention to the hour), which caused their relationship to jump considerably. Maybe it was because they shared the same career, but James and Nicholas hit it off too and spent a lot of their time playing chess together.

6. Noah and Chloe's backstory intrigued me quite a bit, since it's so vague and the sims themselves DIDN'T have a romantic relationship together. Was she pregnant with someone else's baby and he was just there as support? I was excited to get this one started! They ended up falling behind, though, and only interacted with each other. Not sure why! Maybe because their relationship was too low, so they decided to build it?

7. Kaylie was definitely my one of my favorite sims appearance-wise, as she had a very unique, beautiful look to her. She and Ann butted heads at first (maybe because of their opposing traits, since Kaylie has an aversion to children while Ann is family-oriented) but actually ended up being more friendly once Nicholas joined the conversation! And interesting development to say the least and a major boost toward the end of the interview.

8. The Nightengale's backstory was definitely one of the most intriguing ones. I actually shook up the interview a bit by involving the DAUGHTER, not the birth mother, since the daughter is the one reaching out for help and the birth mother could care less. And what a good choice that was, because Belladonna wouldn't leave Ann alone! She was in it to win it!

9. Braden and Georgia will be considered young adults (18 y.o.) due to an admin who messaged me about forum policy. Just a forewarning! They did well, but for the most part they only asked the Beasley's for advice, which was a little strange. An almost mentor-like relationship formed, but was it strong enough to win the Beasley's over...?

10. Bryant spent most of his time in the kitchen making coffee, even with all his needs full. Addicted, much? Payton, however, was quite talkative with Ann and they ended up playing chess and watching TV together quite a bit! Their relationship grew steadily, but Bryant's lack of friendliness will have a hindrance on how the story plays out IF they're chosen.

All in all, a VERY interesting outcome. For some reason the sims with gloomy traits ended up with higher relationships, which is very bizarre. Maybe Ann would seek them out and try to offer comfort when they were in bad moods? Not quite sure...

And that is the end of the highlight reel! Today I'm going to go back, reduce the transparency on all relationship screenshots, and do a comparison. I'll also do a bit of story-planning to determine which of the top three families with the highest maternal relationship is going to be the one the Beasley's choose to adopt. The other two will be added as minor characters (maybe friends, maybe enemies, maybe love interests?), and the rest may be quick background characters or honorable mentions along the line of the story.

Thank you all for your submissions! Every family was interesting and there wasn't a dull moment in those 2 1/2 hours. This is much more than I'd hoped that I'd get and I'm super grateful for it.

I'll return by the end of today with top top three!