Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Is Island Paradise worth installing?

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    ScottDemonScottDemon Posts: 504 Member
    @JoAnne65
    I assume they mean going into edit mode, evicting househould and then deleting them.That's okay to do.
    Its when you ctrl alt delete sims via cheats that cause corruptions.

But the expansion itself is work installing, I just don't play the actual world.Its too buggy.
    JoAnne65 wrote: »
    Is that true...? I thought it didn't matter how, but that it's wiser not to remove premade families.
    So you're right, through Edit Town is fine, sorry, please proceed :mrgreen:

Only if it's done before the start of a game (New Game). If done on an ongoing game after sims have been instated by the system is not a good idea.

I'm just a little bit crazy LOL
    Okay actually I'm totally and completely nuts LOL :p
  • Options
    igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    Evicting sims or households in the hopes they wander out of town (and out of the game) long after a game starts would not be my first choice as strange things can happen once these sims are parked in some unreachable place by the game and especially if they have family tree relations to others left behind, but it shouldn't devolve into a fiery mess of corruption either like shift-click object deleting them can. I've never done this wholesale with entire populations though, the other methods of getting sims to emigrate (SP) or using other mods to remove them (MC, with Overwatch and ErrorTrap in play) designed for this purpose are typically much safer once a world has progressed.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • Options
    TheGreatGorlonTheGreatGorlon Posts: 382 Member
    I had massive lag problems with Isla Paradiso where the game wouldn't freeze (plumbob was still rotating), but it took ages for my Sims to start doing tasks and for time to start moving at the normal pace. I didn't know there were mods to fix it though, that may be worth investigating if I ever go back.

And even if you don't operate in the new neighborhood, I think you could access mermaids via the aspiration reward that gives you the kelp to eat.