Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How long

How long will ea drag out the sims 4 they usually only have a 4 year span for each series..I’m personally tired of sims 4 the expansion packs and game packs just don’t seem to make the game any more fun and ingrossing to play like previous sims game. Just wonder how much money this game will end up costing us to play until they decide that it’s over I can’t see myself sinking a grand into playing this hit or mostly miss game.

Comments

• Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    Has there been any news of a Sims 5 at all?
  • Options
    MDianaSimsMDianaSims Posts: 4,177 Member
    SimGuru Graham has repeatedly said that there's still several years of content for TS4 in the works. So if Sims 5 is ever coming, it'll be a couple of years at least.

Also, if you don't like the new content for Sims 4, don't buy it. No-one ever said you have to buy everything.
    Gallery ID: MDianaSims | Simblr
  • Options
    SuddenlyCamelzSuddenlyCamelz Posts: 25 Member
    I found this article: https: // www . thegamer . com / the-sims-5-rumors / (I had to put spaces between the link bc I can't post links yet)

It's not 100% related but I found it interesting.

I haven't even thought about The Sims 5 yet. I saw all the new expansions coming out and assumed it would be a long time since anyone sees Sims 5.
  • Options
    NindigoNindigo Posts: 2,764 Member
    Not all of us are tired of Sims 4. The fifth iteration comes when and if it comes. If the games bores you, go play something else or do something else with your free time :/

Origin ID: Nindigo79

A smile is the prettiest thing you can wear
    Time enjoyed is never time wasted

• Options
    FlyingPotato659FlyingPotato659 Posts: 1,473 Member
    The sad reality is that once The Sims 5 comes out - 99.9% chance you are going to be complaining about missing features as like most base games - there is always something missing.
  • Options
    ChelleJoChelleJo Posts: 7,087 Member
    You don't have to keep spending money on a game you find boring and drawn out. You can just play what you have or come back when/if Sims 5 comes out.

I'm, surprisingly, pretty happy with my sims 4 game and don't want it to end. It's not perfect, but it's a lot of fun and I look forward to more stuff for my sims to do. I always enjoy the last half of a sims game, much more than a new one anyways, since new ones are so bare bones and basic. I actually hope sims 4 goes on for a few more years to come.
    p8L4V6v.png
  • Options
    TheGreatGorlonTheGreatGorlon Posts: 382 Member
    You clearly don't do a ton of online gaming if you consider 4 years drawn out for a game. Some games, like MMOs, MOBAs, and others that are played exclusively online, have life spans of 10 years or more. They are able to do this BECAUSE of expansion packs and new content that breathe fresh air into the game, as well as constant patching and updates of the game to keep it running smoothly.

So I'm not ready for the Sims 5. In fact, I would be happy if they didn't even release a Sims 5. I'm perfectly ok with them continuing to update the game and give us new content if that means they can fix the bugs more easily and stabilize it. If they have a consistent, steady base platform that they continue to refine for years to come, it can eventually be a perfect game, or darn close to it. But having to swap out to a new base game and new platform will basically reset everything, and it will take that much more efforts to get things to where they're perfect. Sometimes, it's better and more efficient to build on what exists than replace it completely.
  • Options
    Bagoas77Bagoas77 Posts: 3,064 Member
    How long will ea drag out the sims 4 they usually only have a 4 year span for each series..I’m personally tired of sims 4 the expansion packs and game packs just don’t seem to make the game any more fun and ingrossing to play like previous sims game. Just wonder how much money this game will end up costing us to play until they decide that it’s over I can’t see myself sinking a grand into playing this hit or mostly miss game.

I agree with your assessment. There is a definite sense of the wheels-spinning-to-get-some-kind-of-traction for this iteration of the franchise.
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,872 Member
    How long will ea drag out the sims 4

At least 3 more glorious years!! :p

• Options
    HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    I hope they "drag" it out as long as possible personally..
    egTcBMc.png
  • Options
    SimsFinest1SimsFinest1 Posts: 326 Member
    Im happy with Sims 4. And they keep releasing new content so it keeps it interesting. It will be a few years at least before Sims 5.
  • Options
    EA_RtasEA_Rtas Posts: 2,875 EA Community Manager
    Alright, everyone, I'm going to close this thread off as we already have another more active thread discussing this point more constructively.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top