Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I´m on the wagon....(cc)

So I finally mustered up some courage and got rid of my cc (except MCCC, cant live without that one).Fresh start of the new year so to speak. I did´nt even know what was what in the game anymore so it is about time. But I still roam around the internet, drooling overt all of the gorgeous stuff there is, tormenting myself :D Wish me luck on my way to cc "sobriety".

Comments

• Options
    NetzspannungNetzspannung Posts: 2,456 Member
    edited January 2019
    I used to have this problem with TS3, so I decided to be more disciplined with TS4. I only use MM CC and regularly check for items I don't use and delete them. I never add more than 3 items to the game at a time and I check them out in CAS right away - if I don't absolutely love them I remove them again immediately. And even though it is tempting, I only get CAS items, no BB.
    This is how I have managed to keep my CC folder in check this time around.
    Anyway, good luck with sticking with your resolution. :)
    If I just posted an outfit you like, I have good news - there is more where that came from!
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/956513/netz-a-porter-outfits-ready-to-wear-for-your-sims-no-cc-required
    Twitter: NetzspannungTS

we all try ...
  • Options
    Armika74Armika74 Posts: 367 Member
    I used to have this problem with TS3, so I decided to be more disciplined with TS4. I only use MM CC and regularly check for items I don't use and delete them. I never add more than 3 items to the game at a time and I check them out in CAS right away - if I don't absolutely love them I remove them again immediately. And even though it is tempting, I only get CAS items, no BB.
    This is how I have managed to keep my CC folder in check this time around.
    Anyway, good luck with sticking with your resolution. :)

I´m trying to do the same, no BB only CAS that I really, really like and will use :)
  • Options
    Lexera1000Lexera1000 Posts: 22 Member
    CC are like candy, one leads to a dozen!
    o3fP5ky.jpg

Gallery ID Mimicrysims
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,641 Member
    I've never been one to use much cc, but occasionally, I'll find something I really want in the game. Right now I have a few headbands (bridal) and some veils (again bridal). I was playing or trying to an ancestral game save that's set in the 18th century. Found a couple of spinning wheels, for ambiance (wish they had been functional) and a 'loom' that was really a computer. I also found some clothing, which got boring after a time, since there were only so many fabrics and colors available. After a time the very large family started to be dressed too much alike. And then the first game-busting patch came along and most of it was broken. I made the decision to just play the family using the clothing in the game. Made better sense, in the long run, as they didn't have phones (let alone a cell phone) in the mid 1700s, but that didn't stop my Sims from using them!

I now have two mods in my game. I still see mods and cc as totally different in nature. Mods can effect gameplay itself (script mods) and cc is mostly custom content. MCCC and Sacrificial's Road to Fame_Professional Singing Career. I've got my singer Sim back in full swing. :)

But, yes, spending time scouring the Internet for just the item desired can take away valuable playing time. I never did find the shift, or the white linen cap women wore over their hair to keep it as clean as possible. If I ever find those or a reasonable facsimile, I may go back to the Rocco look in my game again.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    loubyloulouloubyloulou Posts: 4,468 Member
    I have a rule that if I download a new cc item, I have to delete one I already have... It mostly works :#
  • Options
    TropicanaCatTropicanaCat Posts: 93 Member
    I was a huge CC hoarder in Sims 2, I had so much stuff that I never would use it. I also had some CC that was just so-so in quality. In Sims 3, I still have a lot of CC, mostly store items, conversions and edits. I'm still in the process of sorting with CC Magic my Sims 3 stuff.

For Sims 4.. I haven't been as drawn to putting in more clothing or objects, I've just downloaded a few new lipsticks. I have a few script mods. My download folder is nowhere near as large as my previous Sims franchise games. I just don't need all of the clothing, hair, shoes, objects in 4. I've learned from the mess I made with my Sims 2 download folder to be a lot more scrutinizing about what I am adding. Do I really need this item? Is it something that I will use a lot? If not, I just skip it, or bookmark it for later if I change my mind.
  • Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,464 Member
    You are so brave! Good luck to you on getting clean! :D

I'm a huge CC addict. My Sims 2 game was out of control back in the day, so for Sims 4 I *try* to reign it in, but oh....it's so hard to. I've at least managed to keep it organized with labeled folders for specific creators and collections and testing and stuff. I also try to stay away from build/buy stuff because that's a whole new rabbit hole to fall into. I say "try" because I've collected some wallpapers and flooring over time, when the game had very little to offer and it was taking forever to get more. Now I think I can probably let that stuff go. I've recently been playing a completely vanilla game while I sort through 6gs of stuff in my main game's mods folder. It's a very long project, but it feels good to "clean house". Most of my CC is historical, gothy or fantasy based, so I can create my own supernatural styled creatures. I'm hoping we get some good Occult packs this year so I can clean out more. :)
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    FurSimsOfficialFurSimsOfficial Posts: 2,362 Member
    I got the habbit now to use s4studio to check all my CC along with a pic and delete them right out of the game If I dont like them anymore. My game is waaaaay more clean with ts3. It was all a mess :p But I admire your courage here. i couldn't live without furniture CC, cause EAs objects are just.. YUK!
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,688 Member
    Good luck!

I had tons of CC for TS3, but decided not to go wild with TS4. I got a handful mods early on, but hardly no objects and absolutely no clothing.
    With many packs added, there is actually plenty objects, I have not used all the EA made furniture and stuff, I keep forgetting to redecorate my houses.

A year ago I started DLing CC that could be good for specific filming. I organized my CC in a way that means only the items I know I will use a lot are installed permanently. The rest I keep in various themed folders, moving them in only for the filming I need them for. For example tons of food clutter I would not use in normal gaming, but for a table scene it will be useful for setting the atmosphere.

Btw, I have enough now, so I don't go CC hunting, but if I come across a gem "by accident" I'll grab it :)
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    Welcome to the side of light, we have cookies!

CC destroyed my TS2 game so I am vehemently against it.
  • Options
    ladybreidladybreid Posts: 3,455 Member
    Every few months I delete all my CC and start all over. All my CC is MM and for the most part it is recolors of maxis meshes and some franken mesh. There are a couple of exceptions but even then they are MM.
    wz3Vdbh.jpg
    Saying "not to be rude", then blatently being rude does not excuse rude behavior.
  • Options
    ChinaChina Posts: 196 Member
    Is it bad to have cc or something?
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,688 Member
    China wrote: »

Nope :) It only gets bad if you get addicted to download stuff you never use, and if it becomes too much for your computer the game will lag. Other than that, CC is healthy :)
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    ladybreidladybreid Posts: 3,455 Member
    China wrote: »

lol nah not at all.
    wz3Vdbh.jpg
    Saying "not to be rude", then blatently being rude does not excuse rude behavior.
  • Options
    So_MoneySo_Money Posts: 2,536 Member
    edited January 2019
    I’m not sure why one would force oneself to avoid mods as if they’re inherently detrimental. With a little common sense they do no harm and can greatly enhance the game.
  • Options
    gemjasgemjas Posts: 211 Member
    Good luck! You're stronger than me, lol. I started downloading cc before I even bought the game. By the time I had the base game downloaded, I already had over 700 cc items in preparation. I now have over 4,000 cc items.

I have never and will never play a cc-free game. I just can't do it.
  • Options
    sunblondsunblond Posts: 1,035 Member
    I have less CC now than in the past, since there is more DLC available than there was back when I started playing. I still find male and toddler CC lacking so have more of that than anything else.
    Origin ID is: sobenewbie
  • Options
    SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    I play with no mods or CC just the actual expansion and stuff packs. I don't think my laptop would handle more as it's older and slow and I don't like a lot of clutter. I find there is still too much content for me hahaha! I have been considering trying to find one mod though just that would allow my sims to age slower than the long lifespan.
  • Options
    loubyloulouloubyloulou Posts: 4,468 Member
    I play with no mods or CC just the actual expansion and stuff packs. I don't think my laptop would handle more as it's older and slow and I don't like a lot of clutter. I find there is still too much content for me hahaha! I have been considering trying to find one mod though just that would allow my sims to age slower than the long lifespan.

MCCC will do this for you - it lets you change the life span. They'll still age but can live a much longer life. For just this feature, you'd just need the main module ("MC Command Center"). The modder doesn't provide the modules in separate files anymore, so you'd download the whole zip file, unzip it, then just place the mc_cmd_center.package and mc_cmd_center.ts4script files in your Mods folder. You can customise the life spans of all ages, including cats and dogs :)
  • Options
    SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    Thanks! I will take a look at that!