Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Climbing the hill

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    SimSergioSimSergio Posts: 234 Member
    SheriGR wrote: »
    CaioSantos wrote: »
    @CaioSantos What do you mean gallery of the game? Not in the game's community gallery? Did it appear in your 'My Library' along with one of the packs/updates? (Then I wouldn't find it as I just cleared out some things yesterday and don't see it there in mine.) Not sure I'm understanding correctly what you mean...

Yes, the game's community gallery. Search by ID, hers is SarahAmina. The name of the lot is Castle On The Hill.

Seriously... maybe it's me, but I once again went through pages upon pages of loads for the builder's builds and many were duplicate listings and never cam to this one and gave up. I search the name and get nothing. Is it possible for you to paste in a link to the specific listing? I know you said you gave up on it, so I don't want to bother you for that if you don't want to horse with it anymore anyway. Thanks for giving me the information, though.

I don't know how to do that, sorry.
  • Options
    StormkeepStormkeep Posts: 7,632 Member
    CaioSantos wrote: »

@CaioSantos Just needed to change the sort order to show her gallery by "newest" rather than defaults to bring it to the top. Figured that, because it used terrain tools, it was pretty new.
    This post will be edited by StormKeep at some point.
    2c2ab3785fad83173d9a155efa4afd1fc99b9595.jpg
    The Winters family Tree --- My Mods
  • Options
    SheriGRSheriGR Posts: 795 Member
    edited January 2019
    Stormkeep wrote: »
    @Simpkin I didn't use any cheats when I placed it and only had the issues where the incline was too steep. I did make sure to bulldoze the existing lot before placing it though, and also made sure to put it in the same lot the creator used to make it....although I do not think that matters at all in TS4 seeing as the world itself is totally flat.

@Stormkeep The lots are all flat, but not all of the the worlds are. It seems can effect the placement sometimes (see below), in my experience, when the raise/lower terrain tool is used in certain ways (up to the edge). I only did one lot so far with terrain adjustments, and it was rather fidgety dealing with how it effected a number of factors I don't normally even have to give a thought, and one of the was placement.

Following is a portion of a post I made on this issue as it arose for me. If you read the entire thread you will see that the person found it was an issue for them also, but in his case it was causing the roof to be removed on placement.

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Game-Information/roof-is-missing/m-p/7288113#M9266
    I've noticed a couple of issues on lots when building then placing elsewhere, as part of my 'playtesting' for my builds is to test if they place properly from the gallery.:

When rotating or repositioning a lot within the lot, when I placed a build with a 'sunken' living room or dining room area, the content of that area was partially deleted or entirely deleted depending on what I was doing.
    I have one lot that I used terrain height on, and there are several ways that I found it can be fidgety to work with. Placement and movement of the lot is one of them. I built this home Pet Lovers Family Home and landscaping in a manner that used the entire lot up to the edge, and it was fenced in all the way around. I notice these dynamics when placing:
    → When I place the lot/build on a larger lot a number of items are deleted.
    → When I place the lot/build on a lot of the same dimensions as the original but not into the same original lot space, no items are deleted, but there is a very slight jump/adjustment that is apparent in the fact that the 'dirt' areas I added/painted around the base of the foundation, trees, etc. is slightly off/showing a gap.
    → If I place the lot into a different game's version of the same lot space where it was built (Brindleton Bay, Heckling lot), it places perfectly with no effect to the terrain/'dirt' areas.
    My working hypothesis is that if terrain height tools are used at the edge of the lot (in other words, if you altered the pitch of the earth, even if it's slight, near or maybe just at the outer edge of the lot, this may be effecting placement into a lot with any variations to the adjacent land?

So.... bottom line, @CaioSantos it's my guess that this is why the builder requested you place in a specific lot.
    Post edited by SheriGR on
    Sims 4 Gallery
    EA ID: SheriGR
    TWITTER: https://twitter.com/SheriGr
    "What does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy and to walk humbly with your God." ― Micah 6:8
  • Options
    SimSergioSimSergio Posts: 234 Member
    Stormkeep wrote: »
    @Simpkin I didn't use any cheats when I placed it and only had the issues where the incline was too steep. I did make sure to bulldoze the existing lot before placing it though, and also made sure to put it in the same lot the creator used to make it....although I do not think that matters at all in TS4 seeing as the world itself is totally flat.

@Stormkeep The lots are all flat, but not all of the the worlds are. It seems can effect the placement sometimes (see below), in my experience, when the raise/lower terrain tool is used in certain ways (up to the edge). I only did one lot so far with terrain adjustments, and it was rather fidgety dealing with how it effected a number of factors I don't normally even have to give a thought, and one of the was placement.

Following is a portion of a post I made on this issue as it arose for me. If you read the entire thread you will see that the person found it was an issue for them also, but in his case it was causing the roof to be removed on placement.

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Game-Information/roof-is-missing/m-p/7288113#M9266
    I've noticed a couple of issues on lots when building then placing elsewhere, as part of my 'playtesting' for my builds is to test if they place properly from the gallery.:

When rotating or repositioning a lot within the lot, when I placed a build with a 'sunken' living room or dining room area, the content of that area was partially deleted or entirely deleted depending on what I was doing.
    I have one lot that I used terrain height on, and there are several ways that I found it can be fidgety to work with. Placement and movement of the lot is one of them. I built this home ('Pet Lovers Family Home') and landscaping in a manner that used the entire lot up to the edge, and it was fenced in all the way around. I notice these dynamics when placing:
    → When I place the lot/build on a larger lot a number of items are deleted.
    → When I place the lot/build on a lot of the same dimensions as the original but not into the same original lot space, no items are deleted, but there is a very slight jump/adjustment that is apparent in the fact that the 'dirt' areas I added/painted around the base of the foundation, trees, etc. is slightly off/showing a gap.
    → If I place the lot into a different game's version of the same lot space where it was built (Brindleton Bay, Heckling lot), it places perfectly with no effect to the terrain/'dirt' areas.
    My working hypothesis is that if terrain height tools are used at the edge of the lot (in other words, if you altered the pitch of the earth, even if it's slight, near or maybe just at the outer edge of the lot, this may be effecting placement into a lot with any variations to the adjacent land?

So.... bottom line, @CaioSantos it's my guess that this is why the builder requested you place in a specific lot.

@SheriGR TFYI.