Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

raise your hand if you don't use cc or mods

124...Next

Comments

• Options
    CorenrenCorenren Posts: 592 Member
    I do not use CC or mods, however.....

I have been thinking about using some mods recently. I want to be able to take better family photos for my sim's walls. I have some, but it is so hard to get a good photo using the sim cameras. I'm always missing the moment, or getting a terrible angle of the perfect moment. Plus, I don't like that I can't get the whole family in one photo.

Are there mods for this?.....
    2ynjgg8.png
  • Options
    So_MoneySo_Money Posts: 2,536 Member
    edited December 2018
    I don’t see why I wouldn’t since most mods are a breeze to install and many of them objectively improve the game.

With that said, I like to keep things to a minimum.
  • Options
    metalfenix_Rafmetalfenix_Raf Posts: 536 Member
    Since the original Sims, I cannot live without CC . Having a variety of clothes, hairstyles, objects, etc...beyond what's offered on the base game was always awesome. Script mods however, are a different story, I began only to use a pair of them because one needs to have special precautions with them.

On this iteration of sims, instead of cramming everything on mods folder, I separated all of it on different folder for categories. And I always add the date (on this format yyyymmdd) at the beginning of the name of every file I add to my mod folder (for example, 20181226_example.package) and I keep track of the two script mods I use on the game (one done by basemental and other...well, it will remain nameless on this forum). I would use MCC but this particular mod is so complex and adds so much to the game that I feel I cannot keep up with it.

The horror stories about mods (and some CC) are true but can be avoided with a careful approach.
    Want to see my sims? find me in the Gallery by my Origin ID: metalfenix_Raf

Want to see the Custom Content CAS Pieces I created? Check ModTheSims, Sims 4 Studio Forums
  • Options
    MDianaSimsMDianaSims Posts: 4,177 Member
    edited December 2018
    I never used mods or cc in any of the previous games and didn't for quite some time with TS4. I still don't use cc, Im perfectly fine with just the official build, buy and CAS content (I do have all packs, but often build with just base game or a single pack).
    But I do use a couple of mods, being MCCC (the first mod I got, I like having more control over my game and I find it hard playing without it), pose player and teleport (and the odd pose pack, which I usually use for promotional screenshots rather than storytelling), hide lot trait effects (the sparkly stuff messes up my screenshots and there's no cheat to disable them) and currently I'm also using a mod that disables the celebrity walk style.
    Gallery ID: MDianaSims | Simblr
  • Options
    PotbelijoPotbelijo Posts: 23 Member
    I’ve just installed my first after playing mod/cc free for years.. I wanted elf ears. 😃 I’m also considering trying my first Legacy Challenge, so I might take a look at this MCCC doobrie too.
  • Options
    jonilla1jonilla1 Posts: 1,120 Member
    I've seen that many download mods/CC like there's no tomorrow and don't try to manage them at all. Then they come asking why game doesn't work, what mod can cause the problen etc... Mods can break your game if you are not careful. Internet is a very dangerous place and it has some REALLY old stuff floating around. Manage your downloads and look what you download.

I have hundreds of script and regular mods, and thousands of CC installed and never ever had a problem, because I'm careful of what I download and I always playtest my games after patches ;)

TL;DR Manage your downloads then you won't have game breaking problems and remember to have backup saves if you load mods or CC.
    Origin EA ID: Xaldin257 Friend requests are welcome.

Some of my creations in the gallery use CC so remember to enable them in the gallery's options to see them all.
  • Options
    JestTruJestTru Posts: 1,761 Member
    The only mod I've played is the MCCC mod but it wasn't long till I took out. For the most part I don't play with Mods or CC.
    WbUrFQm.png
  • Options
    ChristelleChristelle Posts: 144 Member
    Raising up my hand. I have never used anything but the base games etc. So maybe I am a bit scared to use mods, etc and on the other hand I have no idea how to use them or it. I am a mods an CC dummy
  • Options
    whimreaperwhimreaper Posts: 361 Member
    I no longer use any cc or mods. I used to go crazy with them and built a whole world where most of the CAS was cc, but after the nightmare trying to figure out what broke with new updates, it just feels pointless because I have to keep fixing things, taking away from actual play time. Maybe once TS4 is done and over with I'll add more cc I know is safe, but it isn't worth it now in my opinion.
    P.S. If anyone is okay with fixing your game once in awhile for cc, maxis match content fits very nicely with the game. Maybe check out lilsimsie's tumblr
  • Options
    StormkeepStormkeep Posts: 7,632 Member
    @whimreaper I hear you regarding the nightmare mods can create after a game patch. I limit myself to just 3 mod creators (+mccc) for that reason...easy to quickly get updates and move on after patches that way.

To be fair, it's less of a nightmare to manage then it was in the TS2 era (at least imo...I have far, far fewer issues then I did back then) and we don't have the core-mod-totally-destroyed-my-save issue that could happen with TS3.
    This post will be edited by StormKeep at some point.
    2c2ab3785fad83173d9a155efa4afd1fc99b9595.jpg
    The Winters family Tree --- My Mods