Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The grand sequel to: "The first one to page 100 wins!"

Comments

• Options
    DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,628 Member
    DeKay wrote: »
    Do you ever just almost start intensely lip syncing and someone walks in right before you start

I've experienced worse than this cuz my whole family knows I lip sync all the time.

But one time I was headbanging with my hair down cuz I was drying it and with music on, and my mom came in to give me tea and I almost whipped my hair onto the tea. LOL.

Oh my lord

:D
    nani wrote: »
    Do you ever just almost start intensely lip syncing and someone walks in right before you start

All the time

I've experienced worse than this cuz my whole family knows I lip sync all the time.

But one time I was headbanging with my hair down cuz I was drying it and with music on, and my mom came in to give me tea and I almost whipped my hair onto the tea. LOL.

Same

Good.
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    mintycupcakemintycupcake Posts: 13,212 Member
    Lyoufln wrote: »
    Our Christmas tree is already dying. We just got it Tuesday. :s

That's really unfortunate. A lot of trees in my area aren't doing too well either apparently.

Get a fake one. 😂

My folks got a fake one because my mom's actually allergic to the real thing. I kinda wish we could have a real one.

Real trees are WAY WAY better for the planet though. Fake trees are made of plastic that you can't recycle, emit a bunch of greenhouse gases (and god knows what else) into the air, and are probably made my low-wage workers in unsafe and unhealthy factories. Real trees are compostable, and, at least in my area, are grown usually on medium to small-scale farms owned by locals, meaning money stays in your local economy and in the pockets of your neighbours. And, depending on where you live (such as Canada), minimum wages are a thing, plus regulations and enforcement for work environments and safe practices.

But you're killing trees. And no one asks you to always throw away the fake one. Like, I would just keep it around for all the future years to come.

I know killing trees seems counterintuitive, but all the stuff that makes up a tree can back to the land and provide nutrients to other flora and fauna and decomposers (unless people just landfill it. I hope more places have compost sorting these days). Plastic doesn't. It goes to the land and oceans, breaking down into smaller and smaller pieces until they're microscopic little bits that are near impossible to collect. I read up on this lately for my studies and according to a few papers I read, there's a LOT of plastic in the ocean. One did a study (a few years ago) to estimate just how much. That study said that there were about 5 TRILLION bits of plastic in the oceans.

Me: Microplastics are ruining the planet!
    also me: this needs more GLITTER!

But seriously, not only are microplastics in the ocean, they are getting in our drinking water, as well as any seafood. There is some speculation that people could actually be developing cancer by inadvertently consuming these plastics.
    🌻I'm not a cat.🌻
  • Options
    LyouflnLyoufln Posts: 10,861 Member

That's really unfortunate. A lot of trees in my area aren't doing too well either apparently.

Get a fake one. 😂

My folks got a fake one because my mom's actually allergic to the real thing. I kinda wish we could have a real one.

Real trees are WAY WAY better for the planet though. Fake trees are made of plastic that you can't recycle, emit a bunch of greenhouse gases (and god knows what else) into the air, and are probably made my low-wage workers in unsafe and unhealthy factories. Real trees are compostable, and, at least in my area, are grown usually on medium to small-scale farms owned by locals, meaning money stays in your local economy and in the pockets of your neighbours. And, depending on where you live (such as Canada), minimum wages are a thing, plus regulations and enforcement for work environments and safe practices.

But you're killing trees. And no one asks you to always throw away the fake one. Like, I would just keep it around for all the future years to come.

I know killing trees seems counterintuitive, but all the stuff that makes up a tree can back to the land and provide nutrients to other flora and fauna and decomposers (unless people just landfill it. I hope more places have compost sorting these days). Plastic doesn't. It goes to the land and oceans, breaking down into smaller and smaller pieces until they're microscopic little bits that are near impossible to collect. I read up on this lately for my studies and according to a few papers I read, there's a LOT of plastic in the ocean. One did a study (a few years ago) to estimate just how much. That study said that there were about 5 TRILLION bits of plastic in the oceans.

But seriously, not only are microplastics in the ocean, they are getting in our drinking water, as well as any seafood. There is some speculation that people could actually be developing cancer by inadvertently consuming these plastics.

Microbeads (plastic bits in shampoos and lotions and cleansers and stuff) have been banned in Canada! That's good, but we need to do better.

Oh yeah, I read some online news articles too (this one was from The Guardian). About 90% of seabirds have plastic bits in their bellies. This number may go up to (99% by 2050). When your stomach's full of plastic you die of malnutrition and starvation because your body can't get the food you need. It's really upsetting to think about albatrosses (and their chicks) and how much plastic are in their stomachs. :cry:

And yeah, the microplastics are becoming parts of the flesh of the fish, so people (or marine animals) eat those plastics by eating the fish. That means there's probably microplastics in human tissue too :disappointed:
  • Options

Get a fake one. 😂

I mean, this is what I'm thinking too. Like I know you guys want to cut down on plastic trees but I'm sure you use plastic for the tree decoration too. 🤷‍♂️🤣
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    mintycupcakemintycupcake Posts: 13,212 Member
    edited December 2018

Get a fake one. 😂

I mean, this is what I'm thinking too. Like I know you guys want to cut down on plastic trees but I'm sure you use plastic for the tree decoration too. 🤷‍♂️🤣

Plastic trees are tacky.

tumblr_mkdref5Yae1s925pvo1_500.gif
    🌻I'm not a cat.🌻
  • Options
    citysimmercitysimmer Posts: 5,950 Member
    I think a lot of people just use fake trees because they're more convenient.
    I hope fake trees made out of a material aside from plastic exist but I did a google search and nothing that wasn't plastic showed up
    Proud black simmer 🖤
    MfVGMbL.jpg

• Options
    This is better than seeing dogs getting a bath.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=37scuNQoO2I
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options

I appreciate this.
    Proud black simmer 🖤
    MfVGMbL.jpg

• Options
    LyricSimsz15LyricSimsz15 Posts: 13,136 Member

Thank you i love it very much
    pN7cZBV.gif
    Just vibing...
    Check out my stories The Diversity Club and Lost Pride here on the forums!
  • Options
    Accurate representation of the deranged monkey child who lives next door. :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=voxRqDSPHRc
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options

You hate this kid way too much lol.
    Proud black simmer 🖤
    MfVGMbL.jpg

• Options
    citysimmer wrote: »

Imagine a kid who screams like that every 30 mins. You think you would be calm about it? :)
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options

Imagine a kid who screams like that every 30 mins. You think you would be calm about it? :)

I'm generally an indifferent person. :D People will be getting mad about something and unless it's something that matters in the long run I just laugh. But if your walls are thin I can get why you're so mad about it.
    Proud black simmer 🖤
    MfVGMbL.jpg

• Options

I'm generally an indifferent person. :D People will be getting mad about something and unless it's something that matters in the long run I just laugh. But if your walls are thin I can get why you're so mad about it.

Yeah, well, it's funny at first but after a while it starts to lose the funny factor. :D Our walls aren't even thin cuz it's concrete. What I hate the most is that they just open their front door and their front door is like perpendicular to our living room windows (if that makes sense; Singapore apartments are different than like American ones, haha).

I don't even know what the parents are even doing. -.- They all need to be slapped with bread. :D

anigif_enhanced-buzz-24744-1432295601-5.gif?downsize=700:*&output-format=auto&output-quality=auto

I like how my mom used to be so nice about it but now every time the kid yells, my mom always starts swearing or praying that the kid would just fry his vocal chords. We da worst. :joy:
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options

Yeah, well, it's funny at first but after a while it starts to lose the funny factor. :D Our walls aren't even thin cuz it's concrete. What I hate the most is that they just open their front door and their front door is like perpendicular to our living room windows (if that makes sense; Singapore apartments are different than like American ones, haha).

I don't even know what the parents are even doing. -.- They all need to be slapped with bread. :D

anigif_enhanced-buzz-24744-1432295601-5.gif?downsize=700:*&output-format=auto&output-quality=auto

I like how my mom used to be so nice about it but now every time the kid yells, my mom always starts swearing or praying that the kid would just fry his vocal chords. We da worst. :joy:

Indeed, you are the worst. XD I've never gotten why people just leave doors open like that tho. It makes me uneasy somehow.

Also nice gif choice.
    Proud black simmer 🖤
    MfVGMbL.jpg

• Options

Indeed, you are the worst. XD I've never gotten why people just leave doors open like that tho. It makes me uneasy somehow.

Also nice gif choice.

I think some people here do that to let more breeze in. My family doesn't do that tho.
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    gameplay9098gameplay9098 Posts: 7,895 Member
    edited December 2018
    ive never drank so much alcohol free drink in my whole life why do i feel so dizzy haha i almost fell off the bed djer5t

i cant type right thast why im typing left :)
    TS4_x64_2019-06-08_14-58-15_copy.png?width=400&height=203
    Everywhere i go
    I feel the hearts beating
  • Options
    ive never drank so much alcohol free drink in my whole life why do i feel so dizzy haha i almost fell off the bed djer5t

I'm so concerned Gameplay
    pN7cZBV.gif
    Just vibing...
  • Options
    memequeenpart2memequeenpart2 Posts: 466 Member

oh dear
  • Options

hahahahahahahahah thats funny bbhvbchbfhewedfcv Why are hyouu concerned jfndn hhahahaha
    Everywhere i go
  • Options

hahahahahahahahah thats funny bbhvbchbfhewedfcv Why are hyouu concerned jfndn hhahahaha

do you need help
    pN7cZBV.gif
    Just vibing...
  • Options

do you need help

do i no i dont what makes you kniht i need help?
    Everywhere i go
  • Options

do you need help

dQ4S0Zb.jpg
    pN7cZBV.gif
    Just vibing...
  • Options

do you need help

dQ4S0Zb.jpg

oh yes parent
    Everywhere i go
  • Options

do you need help

dQ4S0Zb.jpg

oh yes parent

not on the forums
    pN7cZBV.gif
    Just vibing...

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top