Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Another -Expansion Ideas- thread!

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    Akila906Akila906 Posts: 1,836 Member
    edited December 2009
    Tzmsims wrote:
    EA hasn't really expanded on the zoo/farm animals as much as they should. Some of the most popular mini games out there right now are farm related, like the Farm Frenzy series, Farm Mania, Ranch Rush, etc...

Not only that, but Sim fans around the world love the idea. Over at Modthesims I created the Sims 2 Zoo animals. Unfortunately, they had to be statues because I could never get them to look authentic enough in the create a pet thing. But there have been close to half a million downloads so far!

EA could throw in a ton of animals with an expansion and then add some other exotic ones in the store to make some extra cash. Think about it EA. $$$$$$$ :mrgreen:

I LOVE the Farm Frenzy series and have played all of them so far. The newest one is a lot of fun :D I also love Ranch Rush. I'll have to check out Farm Mania...thank you :D
    michael-jackson-17.gif
  • Options
    mattadler27mattadler27 Posts: 19 New Member
    edited December 2009
    i like the one makin magic, cause you go to places in the making magic place and get alot of stuff for it.
  • Options
    maglcmaglc Posts: 1,921 New Member
    edited December 2009
    Anything that includes this, would be great!

SPA/JACUZZI
    POOL SLIDE
    SLOT MACHINE
    KARAOKEE
    PIANO
    BUNKBED
    ARCADE MACHINE
    DIVING BOARD
    POOL TABLE
    BUNGEE / TREMPOLIN
    HALF WALLS
    SHAPED POOLS ADDONS. NO MORE SQUARED POOLS!!

MORE TREES
    MORE HAIRS
    MORE CLOTHS
    MORE TEXTURES
    MORE DECORATIVE AND INNOVATIVE ITEM

Oh and by the way. SIMS 3 need alot more animation related to activities. Its so getting boring to wake up, cook, eat, go too bathroom, play computer, talk on cell, and sleep. COMON EA! We need action on OUR SCREEN :D
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    wingedfolconwingedfolcon Posts: 114
    edited December 2009
    i have to agree with pretty much everything i have read in this thread, particularly magic's list. i really want the piano and pool table back. i also would like to have seasons from sims2, though i never had sims2, that EP looks really cool. would work great for when you Sims celebrate x-mas. also want pets and maybe making magic brought back. i really like the idea of adding wild animals too, could perhaps give other places you Sims could go for things, like a bear cave could have some sort of ore or gem in it. you could explore it like you can the catacombs. and more beach and pool stuff for sure. beach/pool volleyball would be sweet. maybe water polo too. heck, making swimming a skill and then include some of the training tools like the littler swimmer things that go around the arms and other various inflatables. and boats could let you visit the lighthouse, or maybe fish in deeper water for bigger catches. and i like the idea of a farm, though something like that would probably yield a new town or work better in Riverview instead of sunset valley or whatever the names are. and i really think there should be some way for two same sex Sims to be able to have a kid without adopting. like woohooing in the science facility test chamber or something. mods are a hassle and i don't want to mess with them. and i guess to be politically correct, if x-mas stuff is added to the season set, it souled include Hanukkah stuff as well.

and one thing i think would be great to include with whatever EP boosts parties, to have costume parties, and would give your Sims a whole bunch of new clothes and costumes to wear. granted, a lot of popular ones like the 🐸🐸🐸🐸 (insert noun) would probably be left out, but it would be fun to have you Sims wear stuff like an astronaut costume or a fireman suit even if they are not in those professions, and in my personal preference, fur suiting. stuff like nekokimis and such. particularly for the kids, it would be cute for them to be able to wear cat ears and tail. i mean heck, you can make characters look like witch's, aliens and genies with all the different skin tones you can give them, and with the red i could even go as far as to say a devil, so why not cat-boy or catgirl...or Supersim.

(edited for spelling)
  • Options
    AwbeeAwbee Posts: 43 New Member
    edited December 2009
    Everyone has alot of nice ideas, I've been busy or I would have said so sooner.. anyway, I hope we can continue this topic..

-Awbee
  • Options
    sweetkelseysweetkelsey Posts: 118 New Member
    edited December 2009
    Pets
    ---
    new buildings:
    pound
    pet shop
    pet hospital
    dog park
    pet daycare
    new NPCs / characters:
    NPCS-
    vet
    pet sitter
    Pets-
    dog
    cat
    guinea pig
    hamster
    fish
    bird
    turtle
    New objects:
    kennel
    fish tank
    turtle cage
    small pet playpen
    guinea pig/hamster cage
    dog/cat toys
    bird cage
    other:
    sims will be able to feed their pets a variety of foods. sims will be able to carry pets around and do this while holding them. pets will be customizable and all pets will be made in 'create a sim' or bought at the pet shop.
    :)
  • Options
    bri_bishop1987bri_bishop1987 Posts: 13
    edited December 2009
    I am hoping the next expansion has pets in it, ya know with the sims able to wander freely, I would assume the pets would also, and like real life, accidentally get pregnant by someone else's pet.

maybe we should have a vet that way the sim can choose to neuter or spay their pets.
  • Options
    AmazingsimAmazingsim Posts: 42 New Member
    edited December 2009
    [quote=Jarsie9)You're asking too much of EA. Your Seasons EP would be too much for most computers to handle.

It's a nice thought, but with so many people having problems with this first expansion pack, I doubt very many are going to rush out and buy a Seasons EP, and those that do will soon be screaming bloody murder because the game won't work.

Frankly, I will not buy an expansion pack that is based on the Sims 2. I'm looking for fresh new ideas...and as for pets, I can surely do without them.[/quote]

[quote= amazingsim)Agreed- more fresh ideas not old stuff from sims 2 - What about a murder - evil mayhem EP- like one day an or evil murderer(s) enters your town and starts killing people and you find clues and have to used your detective skills- new dective skill added) to find the murderer using logic, clues and wits and bring justice back- new carrer pace - evil murderer - prisoner. And some sims could be born with a physco trait and the sims parents wouldn't know it but you would see signs of it in thier behavior and would have to cure them before its to late. With the evil trait you could knock down peoples trash cans stel stuff from thier house and steal from muesuems. you could also use your detective skills to solve crimes and new places like mesuems, jails,insane asylums but would be too much like GTA and would be rated (M or MA) and many parents wouldn't let thier children buy it- but we will se. Please EA!!!!!!!! new fresh ideas like this one not more of the same old sims 2
    EP ******** to look like sims 3.!!!!!!
  • Options
    TricdiceTricdice Posts: 7 New Member
    edited December 2009
    I'd really like to see something similar to superstar. The idea of sims having a reputation and their actions actually having consequences was something I enjoyed. I know it's pretty much impossible but they should bring memories back too.
  • Options
    FadingFebruaryFadingFebruary Posts: 1
    edited December 2009
    1. I don't like makin' magic. Sorry. I understand a lot of people loved it, but sims is like a life simulation, and you don't really see magic everywhere, now do you? I wouldn't care if they made one though, it would be nice for a lot of people.

2. A new and improved SUPERSTAR. I loved that expansion. This time they should add more depth to it. For example, in another thread they were talking about more instruments. What's so wrong with making a band? A lot of people would enjoy making all the sims and getting together their own band and watch them rise to fame. With superstar, they might want to try to make it a little less repetitive this time though [assuming they do make a new superstar D: ]
  • Options
    Laughlin310Laughlin310 Posts: 95 Member
    edited December 2009
    I noticed that many players are suggesting expansion packs that were developed for Sims 2 to be brought back for Sims 3. There are also a great many players that say they will not buy an old reused idea for the new game. I like new things too. However, if EA had included important elements from Sims 2 in the basic Sims 3 game, we would not be having all of these discussions. We had pets. What kind of "real world" is it without pets? Send the young people to college...open your own business, rake some leaves or get a sunburn....we had all these things. If these were not included in the base,then until we get them...it will seem like Sims 3 was stepping backwards. There are some wonderful new elements in Sims 3 and WA expansion is interesting. I am even working on an idea for a new expansion based on the WA model. However, there are many fundamental ways that Sims 3 is really closer to Sims 1. All of the neccessary elements from Sims 2 expansions can be brought back in new and exciting ways for Sims 3. WA was a great twist on earlier themes.