Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Goodbye vs Ask To Leave

I don't know why but in my game the only way to get Sims to leave is to ask them to leave. Goodbye seems to just remove them from the conversation. Is this how it's supposed to work?

Otherwise it just seems as though they are always fed up when they are asking Sims to leave.

Comments

• Options
    CupidCupid Posts: 3,623 Member
    Fed up? To me it just looks like they're explaining why they want them to leave. Which I think makes sense because asking a guest to leave sort of warrants an explanation... otherwise that's kinda rude.
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)
  • Options
    Bearpal64Bearpal64 Posts: 1,117 Member
    Well then what is the purpose of goodbye then? I was thinking it was supposed to be a friendly ask to leave where as ask to leave is basically the same animation as "complain about problems"
  • Options
    CupidCupid Posts: 3,623 Member
    Bearpal64 wrote: »
    Well then what is the purpose of goodbye then? I was thinking it was supposed to be a friendly ask to leave where as ask to leave is basically the same animation as "complain about problems"

You've already explained it. Goodbye dismisses them from the conversation, Ask to leave asks them to leave. Both are friendly.
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)
  • Options
    DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,602 Member
    Yes, that's how goodbye works. Ask to leave is usually only available if the person is in your sim's house.
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    The animation for ask to leave is weird, yes. XD I wish they could just make a wave or a hug animation if the sim is friends with your sim. The animation always looks like my sim's grandma just died and they have to change plans. LOL.
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited December 2018
    "Goodbye" is to leave conversation.

"Ask to leave" is to leave the lot.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    StormkeepStormkeep Posts: 7,632 Member
    @Bearpal64, Many simmers think the animation for "ask to leave" comes across as an annoyed or angry ejection, you aren't the only one. If it bothers you a lot, there are mods that change it so the animation is friendlier.
    This post will be edited by StormKeep at some point.
    2c2ab3785fad83173d9a155efa4afd1fc99b9595.jpg
    The Winters family Tree --- My Mods
  • Options
    Bearpal64Bearpal64 Posts: 1,117 Member
    We don't have mods on console (yet?)
  • Options
    icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    I booted up Sims 1 a few days ago and remembered that you can choose how your sim says goodbye to a guest, from a simple handshake to a full-blown kiss. :D That would be nice to have.
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • Options
    ChuChuExpressChuChuExpress Posts: 3,228 Member
    Ask to leave: for when pesky paparazzi interrupt your attempts to calm your enraged bees, and when telling the paparazzi to leave option doesn't work. I might actually try using the bees to forcibly eject the paparazzi.
    e6581e69b0d7d8f9e02cb1e30b50f464959bfb2a.png
    Sims 4 Family: Benjamin, Shine, Princess Roddy, Sophia and Hamish Furystrykar and Shelly Heart. Princess Roddy is my avatar, and he's a boy!
    Let those smiles spread!
  • Options
    icmnfrsh wrote: »
    I booted up Sims 1 a few days ago and remembered that you can choose how your sim says goodbye to a guest, from a simple handshake to a full-blown kiss. :D That would be nice to have.

This is why TS1 is da best. :grimace:
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    DeKay wrote: »

This is why TS1 is da best. :grimace:

Sims 1 numbah 1

(2 is still my favorite tho :D)
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • Options

I had totally forgotten about that. Now that you reminded me, I miss it! TS1 and TS2 both, always have a special place in my heart. There was just so much 'meat' on the bones of them both by the end of their lifespan.
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member

TS4 has different greets and goodbyes it depends on your relashionship, skills and where your sims live.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    @Sigzy05, different greets in TS4 I see. Different goodbyes, not so much. I'd be interested if you have a reference that shows us the different goodbyes, because it always looked like the same, rather aggressive, "get the heck out of here" animation in my game.

I have used the mod that makes it friendlier for a long time now though, so maybe I missed something before I started using it?