Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How does your Sim get a new gig after the first one?

Hi! I am having so much fun with this new expansion! All kinds of new and fun things have been added since I have been away (for years) My other sims in the neighborhood are out and about now, where they were never to be seen when last I played. But now everything is really good.
My question is, how do you get your sims to get a new gig once he was successful on his first acting gig? He practices in the mirror, he does famous interactions when he's out and about in the neighborhoods, he tries to meet other famous people. Has anyone figured out how to make new gigs happen?
My Origin Name is: Cynconzola8

Comments

• Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    I think they have to wait a few days before another one is offered. And I think you have to have an agent?
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    StutumStutum Posts: 1,146 Member
    You have to look for new jobs on your phone, under career. :)
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    Stutum wrote: »

Interesting, but what's the two day wait?
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    Cinebar wrote: »

You don't need to wait, you can look for new jobs right away after finishing one. There'll be one day in between finding a job and test filming, though, and then another day to wait to the actual gig starts.
  • Options
    CK213CK213 Posts: 20,529 Member

You don't need to wait, you can look for new jobs right away after finishing one. There'll be one day in between finding a job and test filming, though, and then another day to wait to the actual gig starts.

I don't mind the little gap between gigs.
    I see it as time for my sims to prepare and also market/promote themselves, or just finding other fun things to do with them. :)
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Options
    CK213 wrote: »

I don't mind the little gap between gigs.
    I see it as time for my sims to prepare and also market/promote themselves, or just finding other fun things to do with them. :)

Neither do I, it's a good chance to improve skills and make songs and/or videos, for example. :)
  • Options
    windweaverwindweaver Posts: 7,375 Member
    Hello Simmers and old friends too! I did see a "check for gigs" and I clicked it, but nothing seemed to happen, am I doing something wrong?
  • Options
    windweaver wrote: »
    Hello Simmers and old friends too! I did see a "check for gigs" and I clicked it, but nothing seemed to happen, am I doing something wrong?

Didn't you get a pop-up menu with available gigs?
  • Options

Only the first time, after that nothing.
  • Options

That is indeed strange, sounds like a bug after all.
  • Options
    IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member

It's a bug. Sometimes your sim gets 'stuck' with a gig that you can't see, and that prevents Check for Gigs from working. Look in your phone for 'Cancel Gig.' Click that, and you should be able to find gigs again.

I've heard that switching households when a gig is active might cause this problem.
  • Options
    katrinasforestkatrinasforest Posts: 1,002 Member
    IceyJ wrote: »
    I've heard that switching households when a gig is active might cause this problem.

Interesting. I haven't encountered this error yet, and this is also the first time I've tried playing the game without bouncing between households like a maniac. ^_^;; Good motivation to keep not doing that.
    Watch me mash together Sims and Pokémon to tell a story about battling glitches in Penny Saves Paldea. Updated every other Thursday.
  • Options
    ListentoToppDoggListentoToppDogg Posts: 2,103 Member
    edited December 2018
    I keep getting a glitch were every time my actress sim leaves the lot, her current gig resets to the first one she ever did, Makin Moosic. Is this happening to anyone else? :/
  • Options

It's a bug. Sometimes your sim gets 'stuck' with a gig that you can't see, and that prevents Check for Gigs from working. Look in your phone for 'Cancel Gig.' Click that, and you should be able to find gigs again.

Thank you! I have to be able to go from house to house with my other sims. It's simply not any fun for me if I can't do that. I'll try canceling it and see what that does. I did have him change agents, but that didn't change anything either. I'll go give it a go. Thanks again.
  • Options

I canceled the gig and clicked on the look for more or whatever its called and it worked!! Thank you very much!!
  • Options
    AriaMad2AriaMad2 Posts: 1,380 Member
    Normally I get my sims to look for the next gig right after their gig. I’m enjoying everything so far!
    F€€Ł ŦĦ€ ŴΔV€ ØF ŞØỮŇĐ, ΔŞ ƗŦ ĆŘΔŞĦ€Ş ĐØŴŇ

ĴØIŇ UŞ ĆØŇŞUΜ€ ŦĦ€ FŘUIŦ ØF ŦĦ€ ΜØŦĦ€Ř ΔŇĐ KŇØŴ P€ΔĆ€