Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What non-expansion objects do you want in the game?

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    CellardwellerCellardweller Posts: 92 Member
    -Upgradeable by fee couches and beds. All of my Sims eventually have the same darn couches and beds because of the comfort and energy rating. Even if I like the other styles they tend to only be starters until the family can afford better comfort and energy.
    -Sectional couches.
    -Spiral stairs, stairs with landings, and ladders.
    -More toddler hair styles. There's only SEVEN. Seriously???
    -Short bookcases. Or an entertainment center that's a short bookcase and can hold a TV.
    -Window walls so you can have the shaped windows for A frames and mid-century modern homes.
    -Password protected computers. Would you go to an acquaintance or stranger's home & go straight to the computer and ignore them? WHO DOES THAT?
    -Ability to create apartment buildings and duplexes by setting the door permissions.
    -I really liked the create a custom wall, floor, or painting creators that older versions had.
    -Sims that get drunk and do crazy things when they've had too many at the bar.
  • Options
    ldmarkoldmarko Posts: 5,487 Member
    Bunk beds!
    Gallery ID: LDM2
  • Options
    ladybreidladybreid Posts: 3,455 Member
    edited November 2018
    Functional sofa beds
    Bunk beds
    Murphy beds
    Churchy looking tall narrow stained glass windows with llama themes
    trash compactor
    wz3Vdbh.jpg
    Saying "not to be rude", then blatently being rude does not excuse rude behavior.
  • Options
    vancanuckfan86vancanuckfan86 Posts: 1,156 Member
    • Change Tables
    • Smaller Telescope
    • Smaller Dollhouses
    • Soccer Net and various sports balls to throw or kick around
    • More Shower/Bath Combo options
    • Traits
    • Careers
    • More objects for Tinkering (cars, train sets, etc.)
    • Sewing Machine
    • Pottery Kit
    • More Board Game type sets
    • More toys for toddlers and kids
  • Options
    ParmaViolet87ParmaViolet87 Posts: 1,800 Member
    edited November 2018
    Rugs! Rugs rugs rugs rugs! As if we don't have enough, but they're an obsession of mine :lol: But smaller rugs please! Some of them are far too massive to stick in my rooms.

I'd also love to see bunk beds and more carpet swatches in build/buy mode. Why are carpets so limited?

For CAS I would like to see more facial hair. I also need to see more hair for toddlers. I feel like I use the same ones over and over again.
    -Password protected computers. Would you go to an acquaintance or stranger's home & go straight to the computer and ignore them? WHO DOES THAT?

OMG yes.
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    ianxziianxzi Posts: 723 Member
    -Upgradeable by fee couches and beds. All of my Sims eventually have the same darn couches and beds because of the comfort and energy rating. Even if I like the other styles they tend to only be starters until the family can afford better comfort and energy.
    -Sectional couches.
    -Spiral stairs, stairs with landings, and ladders.
    -More toddler hair styles. There's only SEVEN. Seriously???
    -Short bookcases. Or an entertainment center that's a short bookcase and can hold a TV.
    -Window walls so you can have the shaped windows for A frames and mid-century modern homes.
    -Ability to create apartment buildings and duplexes by setting the door permissions.
    -I really liked the create a custom wall, floor, or painting creators that older versions had.
    -Sims that get drunk and do crazy things when they've had too many at the bar.

I completely agree especially with that first part! I've been wanting that since the very beginning. There should be a mattress quality option when buying each bed. I like some of the blankets and bed frames of the cheaper beds, but the low comfort levels ruin it for me.
    original.gif
  • Options
    TopNotchToddlerTopNotchToddler Posts: 190 Member
    1) More cold weather clothing.
    2) I second stairs and ladders, but why stop here when we could have elevators and escalators.
    3) Still more cold weather clothing.
  • Options
    invisiblgirlinvisiblgirl Posts: 1,709 Member
    Lyoufln wrote: »
    I like a lot of the ideas here! :)

One thing that I’d like (and isn’t written here so far I think) is an upright piano. In homes I’ve been in, people don’t have the space for a grand piano. A lot of people will have uprights or keyboards.

I don’t have City Living, which I’ve heard has keyboards, but a base-game upright piano would be fantastic. My sims’ homes just don’t have the space for grand pianos!

I’d like to see the return of drum kits too :)

The keyboard doesn't quite have the same sound as a piano, though. And I agree, upright pianos would be a nice space-saver. The grands are pretty, but I rarely use them because they need so much space.
    I just want things to match. :'(
  • Options
    Rae357Rae357 Posts: 922 Member
    Bunk beds, plus a lot of stuff people have already mentioned.
  • Options
    OddlyLemmingOddlyLemming Posts: 8 New Member
    It's daft, but how about stair-slides? A slide that you can put next to a regular flight of stairs so your sim has a faster way of making it downstairs...
  • Options
    OddlyLemmingOddlyLemming Posts: 8 New Member
    > @OddlyLemming said:
    > It's daft, but how about stair-slides? A slide that you can put next to a regular flight of stairs so your sim has a faster way of making it downstairs...

Yes, I'm a grown-🐸🐸🐸🐸 man. No, I haven't grown up yet. (Don't intend to, either....)
  • Options
    JennCsimmerJennCsimmer Posts: 81 Member
    Bunk Beds!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    IyasenuIyasenu Posts: 325 Member
    Laptops, for sure!
    Some kind of portable Computer, that I can take with my Sims when they go to other lots.

The Slablet just doesn't cut it, unfortunately. It doesn't have enough of the functions.

I know I could just slap down a computer in Build Mode when my Sim is there, and take it away when they leave, but...

I really liked the laptops in the Sims 3, and would like them here as well. Though with Seasons, I'd definitely want them to either be waterproof, have a waterproofing upgrade, or to just have some leeway in that your Sim will automatically put them away, with no damage, when it starts raining, if they're doing some computing at a table at the park or something.
  • Options
    dreamprisonerdreamprisoner Posts: 1,221 Member
    I want more modern-art sculptures, ones which actually fit inside a house.

More framed art, I'm drowning in posters and decals.
    Not to mention the paintings we have look cheap or like they came from the 1800s.

Some new curtains would be appreciated, floor length, modern, darker or vibrant colours.
  • Options
    bevillebeville Posts: 1,151 Member
    edited December 2018
    I would like to see in my game
    juice Maker,
    hot chocolate maker,
    the ability to make gingerbread houses,
    Cars and motorcycles and bicycles
    More food recipe like lasagna, waffles, chicken and dumpling, chicken noodles soup ,peach pie, pecan pie, eggnog
    Slow dancing,
    Be able to make our fruit into jam or jelly.
    Pool table!!
    Crock pot
    Sewing machine

Post edited by beville on
  • Options
    IyasenuIyasenu Posts: 325 Member
    It was mentioned earlier, a burger/anti-theft alarm.
    I'd love if there was an object/wall decoration/ceiling decoration that basically acted like "a Sim is watching this area" for the purpose of Kleptomaniac Sims, so that if that object was in the House or room, that the Kleptomaniac wouldn't be able to steal anything.

Also, I'd like for Food Processor to be a thing again.
    I cringe every time my low/moderately low skilled Sim cooks something that requires the ingredients to be chopped up and it does the animation where they nick their finger. Just... the sound and the animation is unpleasant, and you'd be able to skip that before being skilled enough, by using a food processor.

That and it'd just cut down food prep time.

I also wish that there were Ceiling Fans that had lights.
    I mean, I've got lights on a ceiling fan where I live, so it'd definitely be a nice familiar thing to use in my Sims' houses.
  • Options
    SarahTheRedSarahTheRed Posts: 388 Member
    Just a few lil' things:

nail polish and eyelashes

varied cribs for babies

board games

upright piano (good cc ones out there tho)

ceiling styles

body hair (for Sim BEARS)

more tattoo styles

body piercings

pool slides/FLOATIES (omg pool floaties plz plz plz)

ability to drink a tasty beverage on said pool floatie

ability to own and make money from different types of lots (I haven't found an effective mod for this)

I also had an idea that if someone had mastered a skill (or w/a certain trait) they could give lectures at the microphone about that subject and the Sims listening would gain in that skill or get a buff. Academic lectures.

more games Sims can play indoors and outdoors. Small ones, like a ball to play catch with.

A home beer brewing kit.

Smaller items for fitness like an exercise ball or jump rope (the hill climby thing is too large and clunky)

A wider variety of hair and makeup clutters to go with new update and expansion.

• Options
    ladybreidladybreid Posts: 3,455 Member
    thought of another.

Memories. They were great to have along with the photo album
    wz3Vdbh.jpg
    Saying "not to be rude", then blatently being rude does not excuse rude behavior.
  • Options
    LustianiciaLustianicia Posts: 2,489 Member
    edited December 2018
    1) Normal sized doll houses, telescopes, and microscopes.
    2) New types of staircases (like spiral, L shaped, and U shaped).

Also, I know we're technically talking about actual content (objects) and not gameplay features, but I would also like to see:

1) Favorites (food, color, and music). Now that we have emotions, I think setting favorites for our Sims will actually have an impact on gameplay.
    2) Zodiac Signs.
    3) Pre-teen life stage.
    4) The ability to customize the duration of each life stage to our own liking (including cats and dogs as well).
    5) A 'Seasons' update that allows us to see the weather in each world without actually having to visit them first.

None of these are in any particular order.
    Favorite Packs
    Sims 1: Hot Date
    Sims 2: Seasons
    Sims 2: Happy Holiday Stuff
    Sims 3: Seasons
    Sims 3: 70's, 80's, & 90's Stuff
    Sims 4: Seasons
    Sims 4: Paranormal Stuff
    Sims 4: Strangerville Game Pack

78MB6Gb.jpg
  • Options
    ianxziianxzi Posts: 723 Member
    1) Normal sized doll houses, telescopes, and microscopes.
    2) New types of staircases (like spiral, L shaped, and U shaped).

Also, I know we're technically talking about actual content (objects) and not gameplay features, but I would also like to see:

1) Favorites (food, color, and music). Now that we have emotions, I think setting favorites for our Sims will actually have an impact on gameplay.
    2) Zodiac Signs.
    3) Pre-teen life stage.
    4) The ability to customize the duration of each life stage to our own liking (including cats and dogs as well).
    5) A 'Seasons' update that allows us to see the weather in each world without actually having to visit them first.

None of these are in any particular order.

Oh that second list definitely counts too! I completely agree especially with the Favorites part, like you said it would tie together with the emotions aspect perfectly.
    original.gif