Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Issues with stuff while moving?

Hi everyone, so I just decided to move but I'm having a few issues. I lost a few items but I could just buy back the house later to get them, but I'm having some more so I'm wondering what common remedies are.

I know paintings are finicky when you move, but how do you fix paintings that don't have frames? I know you can drag the frame in/out of an inventory to fix it, but you can't grab invisible paintings again once they're hung up. Does an Nraas town reset fix them?

Here's a really weird one, too. My collectibles aren't letting me displa
y them the same way they were displayed in the other house. I had a display set up like this in my old house, d533895cd4c99393c5358c195883e3d2.png

but it wont let me put the plumbob diamonds between the big gems like before, even with move objects on. I used no cheats to create the display in my other house.
There's also a few other issues with the large gems, like this -
b9fc4c90ef7a9268551ae37711942aaa.png
It wont let me put that many items back on display on that shelf, the big gem acts like it takes up more spaces than before. I don't have any display stands set or anything, so why is it making it so difficult to set up all these displays?

Thanks, I'd appreciate any help - especially on what's up with my collectibles!

Comments

• Options
    puzzlezaddictpuzzlezaddict Posts: 1,877 Member
    I have no idea about the collectibles, but the invisible paintings are easy enough to address. Click on the ground right next to where the painting disappeared, and select NRaas > MasterController [not the option with the bullseye] > Radius: Add to Inventory. (I'd use a small radius so that there are fewer items to choose from, especially if there are other paintings nearby.) Select the painting, and it will be moved to the family inventory, and you can put it back on the wall; hopefully it won't disappear again.

You can also reset the painting, or any item, while it's in the inventory. Click on the lot, and NRaas > MC > Object Reset > Inventory will bring up a list of items to be reset. You choose Object Reset > Not Inventory for items placed on the lot.
  • Options
    TreyNutzTreyNutz Posts: 5,780 Member
    I've seen the collectible issue you describe, but with the WA incense holders. I can usually fit 1 each of the 3 types on a small shelf, but in one of my long playing games, after a move, the French one was taking up more space than usual and wouldn't fit on the shelf with the other two. I was never able to fix and just learned to live with it. Sorry, don't have a solution.

For the paintings, I do it slightly differently than @puzzlezaddict . I move all the custom paintings to walls in the new house (they all go invisible no matter where I place them for the move), then click on the ground>NRaas>MasterController (w/ bullseye)>Add Object No Inventory>Not Inventory and select all the custom paintings. There should be 3 entries, one for each size of painting. That moves them all to family inventory and after that they are almost always visible again when I place them back on the walls. If not, I sell them.
  • Options
    JayedTadaSkierJayedTadaSkier Posts: 817 Member
    Just wanted to update on the issue - Got the paintings fixed!!! Still don't know what's up with the storage shelves. It really sucks, is there any sort of a mod just unrestricts the limits of putting objects on surfaces? I know there's a few items that can go on places they really shouldn't (A few 2x1 plants that can take up a slot on shelves comes to mind) and it'd be nice if I could decide what looks good together and what's too big
  • Options
    TreyNutzTreyNutz Posts: 5,780 Member
    ...is there any sort of a mod just unrestricts the limits of putting objects on surfaces?

It's not that simple. AFAIK, where objects go, and how many on a surface, is all coded per object. These places are called slots. I know there are a bunch of mods at MTS which add slots to desks, the tops of TVs, empty bookcases, etc. I use a few of these mods (the one for desks, particularly). I don't know if there are any for the shelves. You'd have to look. Here is a non-exhaustive list.