Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

New Game Pack Idea

I'm not sure how I would get this idea in front of the developers, but I have a suggestion for a new game pack. I'd love to see a Sims 4 "Band" or "Rock Out" game pack where you can form different types of music groups with your sims. You can have a Rock Band, Jazz Band, Pop Band, maybe even a Boy Band or Girl Band, or even a choir that sings "carols" during the winter holiday.

They can add different and new instruments, such as: drums, "air drums" which are just sticks that turn the air into a drum set, trumpets and Saxophones, harps, new guitars, electric guitars, keyboards, etc.

Of course it would need new hairstyles and clothes to match each genre of music a band might want to play.

If your Sims aren't musically inclined, maybe they can choose to be groupies, or ultimate fans. It would also be neat if you could somehow make posters of your band.

Those are just some thoughts. I think this would be an extremely fun pack to add to the collection.

Comments

• Options
    citysimmercitysimmer Posts: 5,950 Member
    I love this. Maybe we can have a perks system with it and it could tie into GF somehow to influence reputation/fame
    Proud black simmer 🖤
    MfVGMbL.jpg

• Options
    fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    I've been wanting bands back for a long time. But with those bands I want a lead singer more than anything.

There's several things that need to be addressed first though.....

1. STOP sims from having to stand in front of the performer on stage. Make them stay off the stage or sit in the seats provided.
    2. Allow for this to be done from different levels.
    3. Give us a platform tool in build mode.

There are others to be sure.
  • Options
    simoleanjsimoleanj Posts: 87 Member
    citysimmer wrote: »
    I love this. Maybe we can have a perks system with it and it could tie into GF somehow to influence reputation/fame

Yes. maybe the more fame you gain, the more simoleans you earn per gig.
  • Options
    fullspiral wrote: »
    I've been wanting bands back for a long time. But with those bands I want a lead singer more than anything.

There's several things that need to be addressed first though.....

1. STOP sims from having to stand in front of the performer on stage. Make them stay off the stage or sit in the seats provided.
    2. Allow for this to be done from different levels.
    3. Give us a platform tool in build mode.

There are others to be sure.

It would be neat if you could assign the different positions your Sims fill, like on Dine Out. Then you can work on honing different skills for different members.
  • Options
    I found the Sims 4 Ideas Corner, and added my suggestion there. I hope EA takes a look at it. I really think it would be a fun pack.
  • Options
    SimsFinest1SimsFinest1 Posts: 326 Member
    Sounds fun! Id buy it ;)
  • Options
    lydiaofmemeteamlydiaofmemeteam Posts: 32 Member
    I like the idea! Maybe you could have photoshoots as well to have your band appear on magazine covers or posters!
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,974 Member
    I think bands would be good that tied into the reputation system, but the way people treated the my first pet stuff pack, I kind of doubt they will do that☹️. I still want to see more pets,.... birds, reptiles etc. but I don’t hold a lot of hope out for them doing that either now though.
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited November 2018
    simoleanj wrote: »
    I'm not sure how I would get this idea in front of the developers, but I have a suggestion for a new game pack. I'd love to see a Sims 4 "Band" or "Rock Out" game pack where you can form different types of music groups with your sims. You can have a Rock Band, Jazz Band, Pop Band, maybe even a Boy Band or Girl Band, or even a choir that sings "carols" during the winter holiday.

They can add different and new instruments, such as: drums, "air drums" which are just sticks that turn the air into a drum set, trumpets and Saxophones, harps, new guitars, electric guitars, keyboards, etc.

Of course it would need new hairstyles and clothes to match each genre of music a band might want to play.

If your Sims aren't musically inclined, maybe they can choose to be groupies, or ultimate fans. It would also be neat if you could somehow make posters of your band.

Those are just some thoughts. I think this would be an extremely fun pack to add to the collection.

In addition to sims making bands, there could be stages and concerts, the barrier on entry system could come back from TS2 and sims should be able to buy tickets for concerts online with the possibility for them to sold out.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    Bands have been requested from almost day one. I hope we get them eventually.
  • Options
    SimpkinSimpkin Posts: 7,425 Member
    Ehh... We already got acting, that's enough for me. I'd rather see other fields explored other than careers in entertainment industry. My life doesn't revolve around Hollywood and I generally don't have any interest in the celeb stuff. Wouldn't wanna see any more emphasis on it in the game.
    Seasons toggle button in build mode poll. Vote now please! :)
  • Options
    ParmaViolet87ParmaViolet87 Posts: 1,800 Member
    edited November 2018
    simoleanj wrote: »

YES YES YES! I have wanted this for so long, and now that GF is out, I want it even more. I would love to see all of this. It would pair up with GF so well, but saying that, there will be a few groans saying this content should have been put into GF in the first place...which it really should. There is one thing that is missing from GF, and that is the ability to go to music gigs or tours and make money...I don't care if its a rabbithole! Rock stars don't stay at home all day or playing in the park for 80 simoleons or so. They have sellout gigs and world tours!

Without the appropriate content I'm struggling to make my Sim a Rock Star. I'm a metalhead - its my biggest dream to see my Sim shred like a boss. I'm getting bored of the acoustic guitar stuff. Violins are not my thing, and I might go with the piano now and again.

In all seriousness, I love this idea. Its right up my street.
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    zefronzefron Posts: 157 Member
    This sounds exactly like what I want
    // WEREWOLF BOYBANDS //

not so berry family tree
  • Options
    Caszidy215Caszidy215 Posts: 310 Member
    Yes this sounds really fun.
  • Options
    DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,602 Member
    After Get Famous came out, I doubt they would do any kinda of entertainment/music career related stuff anymore. If they were to do this, does that mean the band is just gonna be a band and won't gain any sort of reputation since GF already has that? But you have to look at it as someone who doesn't have Get Famous.

Will there even be any purpose other than just jamming out? 😂
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    SimpkinSimpkin Posts: 7,425 Member
    DeKay wrote: »
    After Get Famous came out, I doubt they would do any kinda of entertainment/music career related stuff anymore. If they were to do this, does that mean the band is just gonna be a band and won't gain any sort of reputation since GF already has that? But you have to look at it as someone who doesn't have Get Famous.

My First Pet. @DeKay
    Seasons toggle button in build mode poll. Vote now please! :)
  • Options
    DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,602 Member
    Simpkin wrote: »
    DeKay wrote: »

My First Pet. DeKay

You think they gonna do that again after people got mad about it? 😂😂😂🤣
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    Any sim created is part of the reputation system and the fame system, no matter what "job" they do. So, if a BAND pack (My First Band) was added, it would be a path for fame just like any other job already in the game.

My First Band would be different in that it could stand on its own as a pack, even if you don't have the two systems that came with GF. You could still create bands (as we did in S3) and go to gigs. There just wouldn't be rep/fame unless you own GF also. My First Pet was a partial stand alone pack in that you didn't need C&D to own a rodent in a cage. Their mistake (huge mistake IMO) was having stuff for C&D in it when not every player owns C&D. Those objects became useless and a waste of those player's money.
  • Options
    FurSimsOfficialFurSimsOfficial Posts: 2,362 Member
    Hm neh too specific and too much of a teen dream :p