Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Stop walking away from me!

Is this driving anyone else crazy?

You see a sim walking by and try to initiate a conversation, but they just keep going and the action hovers in your queue for a while before disappearing. Then sometimes your sim will go running off, trying to intercept the target at the edge of the zone, where sometimes the conversation will actually occur but more often than not it doesn't.

Comments

• Options
    SOPHIABEllA87SOPHIABEllA87 Posts: 59 Member
    Yes, recently this has been happening a lot in my game :(
  • Options
    CupidCupid Posts: 3,623 Member
    Yes, that used to drive me mad all the time.

Fortunately for me, I only play with a vampire, so I avoid the issue by teleporting to the person and mesmerizing them
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)
  • Options
    PrincessMeow3349PrincessMeow3349 Posts: 86 Member
    > @So_Money said:
    > Is this driving anyone else crazy?
    >
    > You see a sim walking by and try to initiate a conversation, but they just keep going and the action hovers in your queue for a while before disappearing. Then sometimes your sim will go running off, trying to intercept the target at the edge of the zone, where sometimes the conversation will actually occur but more often than not it doesn't.

Try pausing the game before clicking on the Sim you want to talk to. I have found this works 85% of the time.
  • Options
    DivieOwlDivieOwl Posts: 1,161 Member
    It irks me when I queue a sim up to talk and said sim will run all the way to the edge of the map, waiting for the sim I queued up in front of their house. Then the passing sim will reach the edge and disappear cause in that half a second the sim arrived, my sim was like, nah, bruh, we don't talk to this person today.
  • Options
    MrMonty96MrMonty96 Posts: 1,715 Member
    Well I have the tip for you.
    1. Pause your game
    2. Shift click and reset the sim you want to talk to.
    3. Then select a social interaction and unpause.
  • Options
    agustdagustd Posts: 946 Member
    MrMonty96 wrote: »
    1. Pause your game

I do that too but it's a hassle :|

I've noticed this mainly happens in San Myshuno for some reason? The sims there, with their coffee cup in hand, just don't react at all. Every other world it's about 50/50 I think but in SM I don't even bother anymore.
  • Options
    SodaGnomeSodaGnome Posts: 154 Member
    testingcheats on
    add sim to family
    make them talk to you
    as a family member, you will never lose them forever as they step through the sim zone and turn invisible

one time i was in my house in san myshuno and i saw a very talented sim playing guitar for change far below my apartment in a park... i was zooming far far away with my camera from where I was.... anyway she stopped playing and started to disappear so I quickly clicked on her and picked some option about talking to her..... then she disappeared.... 5 seconds later she appeared in my apartment to fulfill the command ... I was amazed.... now I use this technique often....today I zoomed far away....saw a sim I wanted to talk to..... clicked talk.... and then I went there
  • Options
    FenrithFenrith Posts: 45 Member
    testingcheats on
    add sim to family
    put in a doorless room
    wait and hour
    yell at screen "nobody walks away from me!"
    compose self
    add door
  • Options
    MissNightOwlMissNightOwl Posts: 740 Member
    agustd wrote: »
    MrMonty96 wrote: »
    1. Pause your game

I do that too but it's a hassle :|

I've noticed this mainly happens in San Myshuno for some reason? The sims there, with their coffee cup in hand, just don't react at all. Every other world it's about 50/50 I think but in SM I don't even bother anymore.

For me it happens mostly in Forgotten Hollow, I guess.
  • Options
    NAPK1NSNAPK1NS Posts: 116 Member
    The sims 3 had this option but idk if the sims 4 does, you can try looking through the options menu to see if you can give them lower free reign. If there’s nothing like that in TS4 try pausing, then teleporting your sims to whatever object or sim you want them to interject with using the “testingcheats true” cheat and then get them to interact with it/them, also keep your eye on the task bar just in case anything else pops up that your sim wants to do so you can cancel it.
  • Options
    AineAine Posts: 3,043 Member
    Honestly we shouldn't have to jump through hoops to initiate a simple conversation in the game. They should fix this.
    Allons-y!

---> Afterlife Game Pack Idea - improved ghosts, cemeteries and funerals, psychics, new skills, new career and more! <---
    ---> Burglary Stuff Pack Idea - Burglars, alarm systems, and diamonds to steal!<---
  • Options
    Livin in SimLivin in Sim Posts: 1,145 Member
    People are so oblivious in the Big City, they can only focus on their coffee or their cupcake, and they're probably already talking on their Blue Tooths Teeth(?), lol. Or in Forgotten Hollow, can you blame them? They know to not stop and talk to anyone there, unless you want to donate to the Blood Bank, hellooo! B)

Seriously, tho, I thought this was better, if not totally fixed. But I wonder if it changes from Save to Save, depending on how recently the Save was started? My San Myshuno Save is pretty new--that's where it seemed better. I lost my older one somehow when the new system of saving started.
  • Options
    Stina1701AStina1701A Posts: 1,184 Member
    I find this happening alot in the city so what @Livin in Sim says makes more than sense :smiley: When I play in the suburbs as I like to call Willow Creek and the other 'worlds' I don't find this much of a problem.
  • Options
    So_MoneySo_Money Posts: 2,536 Member
    edited October 2017
    Everyone's right about San Myshuno--it does occur most often there. It was actually after spending a couple of days in SM that I became frustrated enough to make this thread.

I also echo the notion that we shouldn't have to use the cheat console or enter debug mode to make the game work properly.
  • Options
    MarktnMarktn Posts: 554 Member
    Happens all the time and very annoying.
  • Options
    damagedlostbrokendamagedlostbroken Posts: 293 Member
    I've been playing in Oasis Springs and this just started happening to me. It's annoying!
  • Options
    Madachan88Madachan88 Posts: 360 Member
    Too wandering Sims I usually put them in a Round with my Sim, which pretend them most of time from leaving and letting them stop when my Sim want too talk too them. Ressetting them helps too.
  • Options
    Sue_D_NimSue_D_Nim Posts: 2,553 Member
    Aine wrote: »
    Honestly we shouldn't have to jump through hoops to initiate a simple conversation in the game. They should fix this.

This.
  • Options
    AprilDawnAprilDawn Posts: 795 Member
    Yes, I hate this. I thought the purpose of sims walking around was so you could interact with them but good luck trying to do so. Sometimes it helps if you cancel the first interaction attempt and redo it - they stop sometimes then, but not always. I much prefer the way Sims 2 did it where townies would stop for a few moments in front of your lot to give you the change to interact with them.
  • Options
    Laura_JonesLaura_Jones Posts: 485 Member
    Maybe they have their earbuds in and can't hear you.

No but seriously, this has been a pet peeve of mine for years. I'm so happy I'm not alone. :weary: