Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Nominated for award?

My sim has starred in a bunch of movies, is level 10 in acting career and a global superstar. But how do I get her nominated for an award?
Is there something special I need to do?

Comments

• Options
    DentalchickJuliaDentalchickJulia Posts: 12 New Member
    I haven't gone in depth with it yet but I believe it alerts you when you've been nominated and if you have seasons it shows on the calendar when it's happening and what time.
  • Options
    kalaksedkalaksed Posts: 2,643 Member
    every sunday at.. i believe 7 pm, the award ceremony is held on a lounge with the celebrity hot spot trait. no other lot will do, even if it has that lot trait. has to be a lounge, has to have that specific trait. without that combo, you'll never get a ceremony and a sim will never get nominated

but, even if a sim doesn't get nominated (you'll get a pop-up when they're nominated, but those can sometimes be easy to miss if you're working on multiple things at once) make your sim go to the awards, anyway. i've had my sim called up for an award even when she wasn't nominated

if your sim is called up for an award, you'll have to make them click on the microphone and 'accept award' (sometimes they queue this up on their own, sometimes they don't), then the award will be delivered to household inventory and they'll do an acceptance speech
  • Options
    Nutty_SimmerNutty_Simmer Posts: 2 New Member
    I've been having the same issue with my Sim not being nominated for a reward, despite being level 10 in the acting career, level 10 in Acting, Singing, Guitar, Charisma, and level 8 in Fitness.

I was going to make a post of my own as I was unable to find an answer on the forums, but as a new member don't yet have those privileges.

My sim has been nominated for acting twice in the past but the first time my game crashed and the second time I missed the award ceremony as my sim was at a gig (and the award hasn't appeared in my inventory). Since that last nomination my sim has not received a nomination notification despite always completing all performances with a gold medal.

I've even tried saving the game before I make my sim go to the gig, and redo the gig to try and get the notification but that hasn't worked either.
  • Options
    IyasenuIyasenu Posts: 325 Member
    I think a "nomination" is actually a guarantee of being able to receive a reward, and if you don't get a reward at one Starlight Accolade, just keep going to them until you get called up.

As I had gotten a nomination, but for three Starlight Accolades in a row they hadn't been called up.
    But the fourth time I went, their name was called and they got their award, even though the only nomination they'd gotten was the one four weeks prior.

I also tested earlier, but you can receive a nomination, save before the accolades and keep reloading the save until your Sim gets called up.
    It sure beats waiting week after week.
  • Options
    stehlampestehlampe Posts: 20 Member
    My Sim was nominated twice. Once for a video she uploaded and the second time for her role in a movie. She got a note from her agency that she got nominated. You have to go to the BPB Lounge for the Starlight Accolades (Starts every Sunday around 6 pm). There will be a random sim who announces the winners. If you won, you have to click on the microphone and accept the price. Your sim will hold a short speech. Then you have the award in your household inventory.
  • Options
    TahluaTahlua Posts: 20 Member
    My sim doesn't even get nominated. Gets gold on all movies, are 10 in acting and top fame. I get a msg that "with that performance, you are sure to get nominated soon" but nothing happens?
  • Options
    sims4er24sims4er24 Posts: 9 New Member
    I am not sure, if this is where you post a question... But I have noticed that since I have downloaded Get Famous, when My Sim is invited on a date, or to an event (like the awards ceremony) via a phone call my sims and the sim whom called them go to another venue.
    Also I am not able to receive my award when I have won a category. Is this a bug that can be fixed? I don't use any custom content, so I'm not sure if this glitch can be fixed. Please help, and thank in advance. #first time asking question
  • Options
    Nutty_SimmerNutty_Simmer Posts: 2 New Member
    > @Iyasenu said:
    > I also tested earlier, but you can receive a nomination, save before the accolades and keep reloading the save until your Sim gets called up.
    > It sure beats waiting week after week.

I tried this and it worked (after a few reloads), thank you.
    > @sims4er24 said:
    > I am not sure, if this is where you post a question... But I have noticed that since I have downloaded Get Famous, when My Sim is invited on a date, or to an event (like the awards ceremony) via a phone call my sims and the sim whom called them go to another venue.
    > Also I am not able to receive my award when I have won a category. Is this a bug that can be fixed? I don't use any custom content, so I'm not sure if this glitch can be fixed. Please help, and thank in advance. #first time asking question

How was having an issue of not getting nominated for a reward. However, after following the advice of @Lyasenu I finally received a reward for acting.

Step one: The award ceremony starts at 7pm at the Lounge (not sure of the actual name. Save your game and travel to the lounge (I saved before I travelled).

Step Two: If you receive a notification that you have won an award for acting you'll need to click on the mic to accept your reward. If by the time you get a notification that the award ceremony is over and you have not won an award then exit to the main menu and load up your save again. Eventually you'll win an award.

Note you do not need an notification that you have been nominated for an award to win an award.
  • Options
    Ravager619Ravager619 Posts: 3,738 Member
    edited December 2018
    sims4er24 wrote: »
    I am not sure, if this is where you post a question... But I have noticed that since I have downloaded Get Famous, when My Sim is invited on a date, or to an event (like the awards ceremony) via a phone call my sims and the sim whom called them go to another venue.
    Also I am not able to receive my award when I have won a category. Is this a bug that can be fixed? I don't use any custom content, so I'm not sure if this glitch can be fixed. Please help, and thank in advance. #first time asking question

I ran into this issue during my last gaming session. I kept clicking on the microphone to give the acceptance speech, and my Sim couldn't do it. The random Sim who was the emcee blocked her. The only workaround I have to enable testing cheats and then type in bb.showhiddenobjects to get your award.
    "That person who helps others simply because it should or must be done, and because it is the right thing to do, is indeed without a doubt, a real superhero." - Stan Lee
  • Options
    StutumStutum Posts: 1,146 Member
    I get the impression that being nominated is totally random. My previous sim was nominated at 2 stars once, and that was that.
  • Options
    sims4er24sims4er24 Posts: 9 New Member
    Thank you all for your help on the awards ceremony. But have any of you noticed your sim agreeing to go to a venue with another sim, and the sims going to a completely different venue (example a Lounge Instead of a nightclub or a different Restaurant Instead of the one requested by the sim who called your sim for a meet up?
    Thanks once again for your kind responses
  • Options
    FKM100FKM100 Posts: 886 Member
    edited December 2018
    stehlampe wrote: »
    My Sim was nominated twice. Once for a video she uploaded and the second time for her role in a movie. She got a note from her agency that she got nominated. You have to go to the BPB Lounge for the Starlight Accolades (Starts every Sunday around 6 pm). There will be a random sim who announces the winners. If you won, you have to click on the microphone and accept the price. Your sim will hold a short speech. Then you have the award in your household inventory.

Thank you for for that information -- I didn't know that you have to make your sim accept the award. My sim has received two awards so far. Each time, the notice said that the award would appear in her household inventory, but when I checked there was nothing there and it did not tick the box to fulfil her aspiration goal, either. So that probably explains it.

Incidentally, I have not always received a notice that my sims has been nominated for an award. The first time she received one, I did get a notification. The second time, I just decided to send her to the Starlight Accolades in any case and, to my surprise, she received an award (I'm not sure if this is a glitch, or what).
  • Options
    CorkysPetalsCorkysPetals Posts: 1,400 Member
    The first time my sim got a nomination he didn't win. He's been getting gold performances for a couple sim weeks and no nominations, so I took your advice and just sent him to the awards ceremony anyway. I sent him to sit with his group at the chairs and the announcement was made that he won an acting award! He automatically walked up to the mic and accepted, thank you very much :)
  • Options
    Francl27Francl27 Posts: 761 Member
    My Sim got nominated but the message said to watch tv or something... so confusing... so I missed it. I sent her two weeks later and she still won.
  • Options
    crazygrl32084crazygrl32084 Posts: 114 Member
    I've been playing and switching between different actors and have yet to get an award even with going to the ceremony for weeks on end. Thanks for the tips guys!
    we're all mad here...
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,596 Member
    sims4er24 wrote: »
    Thank you all for your help on the awards ceremony. But have any of you noticed your sim agreeing to go to a venue with another sim, and the sims going to a completely different venue (example a Lounge Instead of a nightclub or a different Restaurant Instead of the one requested by the sim who called your sim for a meet up?
    Thanks once again for your kind responses

Hello sims4er24
    This AHQ EA thread refers to the issue. You may like to post feedback there
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-NPC-invites-occur-on-wrong-lot/m-p/7173217#M75918
  • Options
    HillyBethHillyBeth Posts: 3,505 Member
    Iyasenu wrote: »
    I think a "nomination" is actually a guarantee of being able to receive a reward, and if you don't get a reward at one Starlight Accolade, just keep going to them until you get called up.

As I had gotten a nomination, but for three Starlight Accolades in a row they hadn't been called up.
    But the fourth time I went, their name was called and they got their award, even though the only nomination they'd gotten was the one four weeks prior.

I also tested earlier, but you can receive a nomination, save before the accolades and keep reloading the save until your Sim gets called up.
    It sure beats waiting week after week.

I've been playing my actor sim for over a sim-year. He's been nominated and has NEVER won an award. I'm debating on uninstalling the pack rather than starting over for a fourth time with the save.
    Origin ID
    HillyPlays
    P.A.C.E- Positive Attitude Changes Everything