Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Cow Plants - Are they worth it?

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    applefeather2applefeather2 Posts: 4,003 Member
    EmmaVane wrote: »
    Does anyone know if the cowplant sample gives a unique microscope image? Or is it a general plant one?
    I had one from it, so far. It's the blue, general one.

• Options
    Jessa_DakkarJessa_Dakkar Posts: 9,737 Member
    I have only had two Cowplants. First one, I downloaded Babs from the gallery to feed it, next time it got hungry I invited a bunch of people onto my lot and wouldn't let them eat, hoping one of them would take the cake.

The cowplant died.

Second time I was much more careful and made sure it was fed a few times each day. It still died after not a very long time. They aren't worth the time it takes out of my sims' schedules to keep feeding it if it is just gonna up and die anyhow. To top it off, it sold for $0.
  • Options
    OriginalNameOriginalName Posts: 347 Member
    If you put a bunch of Cowplants as close to the sidewalk as you can will they eat random Sims that walk by? If so I may have to start a new game with some crazy Sim as my main Sim "Don't walk by the house at the end of the street, Sims go there but never come back".
  • Options
    fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    If you put a bunch of Cowplants as close to the sidewalk as you can will they eat random Sims that walk by? If so I may have to start a new game with some crazy Sim as my main Sim "Don't walk by the house at the end of the street, Sims go there but never come back".

No they won't because sims walking by do not enter the lot that the cowplant is on.
  • Options
    OriginalNameOriginalName Posts: 347 Member
    fullspiral wrote: »

No they won't because sims walking by do not enter the lot that the cowplant is on.

Oh yeah, I keep forgetting we are on lots, I still have the Sims 3 mentality. Not knocking Sims 4, just an observation on making the transition between the two games.

Thanks,
  • Options
    Inna MinnitInna Minnit Posts: 2,008 Member
    Something I learned (I think it was in the Things You Didn't Know topic) If you have a moodlet you want to get rid of, you can have your Sim eat the cake and it clears up the moodlet. I tried it with a Sim I wasn't fond of. It totally works. What I didn't know, is the whole "second time will kill you." Does that mean in succession? Or ever?
  • Options
    Frn0731Frn0731 Posts: 7,180 Member
    edited October 2015
    I think it means in succession like when you get electrocuted. Like the sim should of learned their lesson the first time.
    Laugh out loud. Often
  • Options
    Inna MinnitInna Minnit Posts: 2,008 Member
    Hmmmm.... May have to build a sim just to test it.
  • Options
    EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    Second time in succession means getting eaten again while you still have the "Drained" cowplant moodlet. I think it lasts 24 or 48 hours.
  • Options
    ThingyChanThingyChan Posts: 26 Member
    oh gosh nooo T-T I was so excited for the cowplant... I'm new to this so: what other ways can my sims potentially live forever?
  • Options
    PotbelijoPotbelijo Posts: 23 Member
    Ah this gives me an idea. I played the tutorial through, just to see what it was like. The sim I made married Alex, and so far she seems to be immortal. She won't age. She has passed several birthdays on the calendar. You can't throw a birthday party for her and she won't blow out candles. She's been struck by lightening four times in succession and has gone two sim weeks without food. Next is to grow a cowplant! :D
  • Options
    sunblondsunblond Posts: 1,035 Member
    Honestly, I think I had one in the early days of my playing Sims 4, but I was not that into them so have never bothered with it. Except, I did get a miniature cowplant mod once so I could have them as indoor houseplants, that was pretty cool!
    Origin ID is: sobenewbie
  • Options
    SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    sunblond wrote: »
    Honestly, I think I had one in the early days of my playing Sims 4, but I was not that into them so have never bothered with it. Except, I did get a miniature cowplant mod once so I could have them as indoor houseplants, that was pretty cool!

I would love to have a mini-cowplant!
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,719 Member
    I must admit I never ever grew a cowplant, not in previous series either. So, it's obviously on time I try! What convinced me is that I in fact have several elders that should have died long ago. I was intending to kill them off just when those grow-up cheats were taken from us. Now I might give a cowplant the duty of killing a few elders. Muha! I will need to arrange this some smart way...
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    RaiyyneRaiyyne Posts: 4 New Member
    I opened a Vet Surgery after getting Cats and Dogs I am going to put two Cow Plants right near the entrance to my house where the Patients have to walk by it to get in the Vet Surgery Doors and see how that goes I might even video it if it's succesful... Stay Tuned :D
  • Options
    EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,369 Member
    @Raiyyne Oh, that gives me an idea! I have a botany restaurant in one of my saves, hopefully cowplants can be placed there, too. First the guests get fattened and then the cowplant dines in style!
    Currently playing: Castaway Challenge
  • Options
    SimsLady2000SimsLady2000 Posts: 1,236 Member
    I had one right outside my sims front gate. My sims were famous and lived in a Celebrity Home so I have trying to get the cow plant to eat some tourists and paparazzi but I couldn't get them to get close enough darn it.
    The Sims is NOT a game, it's a lifestyle choice.

My Plumbob is GREEN today :D
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,529 Member
    I had one right outside my sims front gate. My sims were famous and lived in a Celebrity Home so I have trying to get the cow plant to eat some tourists and paparazzi but I couldn't get them to get close enough darn it.

Obviously one cow plant is not enough, you need a whole patch. :lol: