Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How would you rate get famous?

Zeldaboy180Zeldaboy180 Posts: 5,997 Member
I didn't realize there was a poll very similar to this one already open, but instead of closing this I'll keep it up since mine use actual numbers to rate it, so perhaps it's different enough. Apologies!

Originally it was a 6 for me, but after playing with the celebrity system I've bumped it up to a 7. There are too many concerns to make it higher, such as extremely small world etc.
e68338c368f106ae784e73111955bd86.png

How would you rate get famous? 101 votes

7%
mcruddSimburiansimm621alejandro1503912JEREMIAAmiutzasimwolfcomicsforlife 8 votes
24%
Icewolfalan650111IceyJsillehbeeColorist40kokoro80cchant86thesims3boyalanmichael1Talia17VuloriAeriexo11barraakenoRavager619BlueSeaWavesWinifred_WillowdeadncrispyBabyCarrotzPotterheadSimYardenro 25 votes
28%
ems0309aelias24rjhenn14simgirl1010gingsnapDJQ1308Jprp83NivyxroflmaoxsarahannlytKiaraSims4ModshadklaxPegasysashcrash19davidsaraDaemonPawsCheekybitsLadyKynhmae123ParmaViolet87 29 votes
20%
KhariiCaszidy215SimpatsyannloubyloulouksimmiesJoel2810Zeldaboy180Imagamerkitty12VeeVee294BreazonaelumaeLouise_G0325Simanitebooo0oooRexZhengCupidIzzeh96SimsSlayMadachan88alisong0721 21 votes
6%
GoldmoldarJeantaydevDeKayScotsimRae357Daedalius 7 votes
4%
Frn0731Goegugoodcakebaker62JurnéEndschloeu 5 votes
1%
honeymoon4tsizecson 2 votes
1%
ChadSims2NorthDakotaGamer 2 votes
0%
snootypatooty 1 vote
0%
Bagoas77 1 vote

Comments

• Options
    SimaniteSimanite Posts: 4,833 Member
    I'd give it the same as you, a 7. :wink:
  • Options
    CupidCupid Posts: 3,623 Member
    It would be a 6.5, but I always round up for these things.

Most of my grievances boil down to a difference of opinion with certain design decisions that they made. I think the fame and celebrity system is very well crafted, though.
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)
  • Options
    simm621simm621 Posts: 1,037 Member
    Needs a bit of tweaking and some things obviously need fixing but I am loving it.
    Gallery ID: wiccanwonder
  • Options
    davidsaradavidsara Posts: 117 Member
    would love to give it a 10 but the way the sims all flock to a max rank celeb is worse than past games and utterly destroys my ability to run a good party if one turns up especially if they decide to do a long fame gaining action like dancing or singing, it completely pulls all focus away from your party.
    also the stream bot doesnt 100% work, otherwise besides these 2 main problems i'd love to give it a 10
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,884 Member
    I deducted 2 points for the CAS and Father Winter bug. And I think your poll is totally different from the other because in that one I selected I love it simply because those 2 bugs aren't a huge issue for me right now but they're the reason why I didn't give the game a 10.
  • Options
    roflmaoxsarahroflmaoxsarah Posts: 4,132 Member
    edited November 2018
    7-8 out of 10! I clearly haven’t explored every single thing there is to do and there are clearly one bug for me that needs fixing, the lifestyle perk or whatever it’s called. Plus, I just wish the world was a little bit bigger but other than that, I have had super fun times with the game so far.
  • Options
    LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,595 Member
    I'm really loving this pack and find myself clocking in six hours or so at a time since it's release.

BUT--definitely some tweaking needs to be done in this pack much like fixing how service sims at certain venues stop doing what they're assigned to because they're awe struck by celebrities when they strike a pose (bartenders, entertainment and the dj's at nightclubs).

I do love the world, but I'm still sad that there's not just a little more regular residential lots of at least 2 or 3 more in the run down part. Bit more urban and dirtier than San Mynshuno and definitley liked it, but unfortunately can't have more sims living there as I'd like.
    5vJrxmT.png
  • Options
    ShinzenShinzen Posts: 250 Member
    For me it's a 9! I'd give it a 10 if the world was a bit bigger, haha.
    200px-MW-misc-House_Telvanni.png
  • Options
    Caszidy215Caszidy215 Posts: 310 Member
    My gripe is one of content - I really don't like that the only type of career focus is a stylist and acting. There really needs to be a singer and at least a model or something. Just an actor is so limited in scope.
  • Options
    Jprp83Jprp83 Posts: 400 Member
    I'm having fun with the pack and I think this one will last a little longer than most of the previous one. I think the acting career is quite well designed and it's a pity we didn't get a career for singers but oh well, maybe in the future. There's definitely some stuff that needs tweaking as usual, but overall I'm satisfied :smile:
  • Options
    TwicelikeyTwicelikey Posts: 176 Member
    8-9

I love it, it's an amazing expansion I think. The acting career is a fun, and the celebrity system is more interesting than the sims 3 I believe. That being said, it does have it's flaws. There should have been more lots. The city with how amazing it looks..I wish I could actually explore it myself. Not see it from a distance. This could have been the perfect opportunity to add more apartments for those who wish to actually be in the city itself and just more lots because it felt as I stated before..far too little.

While I do in fact love the careers..as Cas said, a model or singing career would have been nice too. Maybe it will be added later on but goodness if it is, please don't do it like that one pack that I really do not wish to think about.

With that I will say I feel I did get my moneys worth from the expansion. I will say good job. I am loving the expansion. I am excited to see what's next.
  • Options
    JurnéEndsJurnéEnds Posts: 59 Member
    meh ...I think I was looking a bit too forward to it. I think it's worth getting although I think that about all of them :D
  • Options
    Ravager619Ravager619 Posts: 3,738 Member
    I'm very happy with the EP, especially how it integrates well with a number of my favorite stuff packs and EPs.
    "That person who helps others simply because it should or must be done, and because it is the right thing to do, is indeed without a doubt, a real superhero." - Stan Lee
  • Options
    YardenroYardenro Posts: 376 Member
    10 would be for bigger world:)

-Yarden.
  • Options
    JeanJean Posts: 1,243 Member
    Core idea is good, but it needs a lot of polish
  • Options
    GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    I gave it an 6 as the pack is gimped by the size of the neighborhood.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Options
    AlbaWaterhouseAlbaWaterhouse Posts: 3,953 Member
    I am not sure yet, it has issues but it is also very fun. I feel like I haven't had enough time yet to nail a score. I'd say at the moment is somewhere between 6 and 7 but I need a little bit more time with it.
    Origin ID is: AlbaWaterhouse
    All my creations are CC free.
  • Options
    ParmaViolet87ParmaViolet87 Posts: 1,800 Member
    edited November 2018
    8/10

I am loving it. I've been playing it pretty much solid since Friday night and I've got so much left to explore. It's a great laugh and as I love playing with Sims' skills and careers, it's really enhanced the experience for me.

The only reason I haven't rated this a 9 or 10 is its too concentrated on acting. The pack would be perfect if it fleshed out musicians a bit more. This pack is the perfect opportunity to bring back bands and more instruments like electric guitars or drums.

But regardless I'm having a lot of fun with it!
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,884 Member
    Average so far is 7.6. Same when you calculate after not including the two 10's and the 1.
  • Options
    Winifred_WillowWinifred_Willow Posts: 423 Member
    I gave it a 9, it would have been a 10 if the world was bigger. Other than that, I really like it.
  • Options
    happyopihappyopi Posts: 1,355 Member
    It is really good and I love it.

However I'm still on my test save and I'm not getting back to my main save until I get mods to fix annoyances.
    But when you're on a save you don't care about, it's hilarious !
  • Options
    alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,405 Member
    Shinzen wrote: »
    For me it's a 9! I'd give it a 10 if the world was a bit bigger, haha.

This exactly.
  • Options
    filipomelfilipomel Posts: 1,693 Member
    I haven’t played enough yet to come up with a definitive answer, it’s for sure not a 10 though because of the world size, but everything else so far is extremely detailed and well thought out, I’m so excited to continue experiencing the new things this pack has to offer.
  • Options
    Aeriexo11Aeriexo11 Posts: 646 Member
    this is the first time in a long time where I've stayed glued to my computer playing for hours on end. I give it a 9, but I would give it a 10 if it had a bigger world and if there weren't so many bugs. I love all the new objects and clothes! Since playing so much I've also discovered other things from other packs. Truly having fun playing the game again!
  • Options
    HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    I'll wait till the CAS bug is fixed then vote. I can't quite play it the way I want to yet. I do love all the stuff and everything I've done so far. I think the worlds are well done and very immersive for the styles they are trying to reflect. I haven't gotten through enough of it though to rate it properly.
    egTcBMc.png