Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Where did University Go??

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    JACKIEJOYJACKIEJOY Posts: 802 Member
    When I switched computers I had two packs registered with a old email. Had to go through EA help to get them transferred. Do you have multiple accounts?
  • Options
    SemaviLadySemaviLady Posts: 526 Member
    @s33man - Over the years, many people change email addresses. You might have some emails on another server.

I used to run several forums (as a hobby) and it involved tens of thousands of individuals. I had to track email bounces and delivery failures. This is largely recorded by the forum mail servers and then I have address users who have email problems. So a common problem is that email is forwarded to yahoo, aol, gmail, or the person's ISP where they might have different aliases. So the point of this post is to backtrack and possibly you have an account somewhere with the invoice numbers recorded. Also since I have seen a lot of problems with digital records... sometimes people print out their invoice to paper, but the problem with this is that anyone can create a paper copy of anything, even on photo editors. So having the email with full MTA headers that records the route that various emails took the the servers involve is sometimes what is needed to solve security disputes.

NB: How to read email headers

Nowadays many people access online receipts via their cellphones and do not store a copy on a device where the headers can be viewed and the data kept in storage. I've been very disappointed in this huge security hole and many cellphone users do not realize how easy that identity theft has become because people aren't aware of what is in email headers that tell more accurately who the sender may be.
    That's getting a bit off topic, but it's something to be aware of. Digital copies can be lost very easily. So try and see if you have other accounts still available. Some ISPs keep email headers for an "extended" time for their users. If you change ISPs, that can be another issue. :disappointed:

Best wishes. I sincerely feel for anyone going through this. My experience with Origin losing track of my one expansion really shook me up.
    Cheerleader_by_CookiemagiK.gifI've owned the TS3 Store since Feb 2015-thanks to the help of many other simmers
    ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ ☆★☆ My Page ☆★☆-♞- TS3❣
  • Options
    JemkatkJemkatk Posts: 199 Member
    edited November 2018
    Honestly, go save a pic from ebay of an ITF case. There are tons of people that are selling it and the pics of the box are taken at their home, so they look legit.
    Anyway you can take a pic of your game files and maybe use that as proof..
  • Options
    Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,428 Member
    edited November 2018
    I think this is one of the main reasons why I don't like "downloading" games. I'm seriously considering rebuying all my Origin downloaded EPs in actual "unopened" CD-packages, where I can find them. I have a pack-rat tendency and never get rid of my game CD packages. But then again, I come from a generation which doesn't trust computers as much as now.

This is one of the main reasons why I never get rid of my documentation...that I own said games and expansion packs.
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~