Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

When do packs usually go on sale on Origin?

ierolovrr31ierolovrr31 Posts: 52 Member
I have purchased every pack (except My First Pet stuff, for obvious reasons..) and I don't wait for a sale. Never have. I want Get Famous because it does look quite fun but for the first time i'm not willing to pay $51.99 canadian because it's not something I ABSOLUTELY need but I do want eventually. I would like to get it on discount. Does anyone know how often Origin has sales? I've seen expansions go for 50% off. Anyone know how often the 50% sale happens?

I know other websites have it on sale too, but I am not sure how they work, or where to go for them i've never bought TS4 packs anywhere but origin.

If there is another thread with this discussion please let me know :)
Post edited by ierolovrr31 on

Comments

• Options
    icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    Sales happen fairly regularly. Usually during summer, Black Friday, holidays, and whatnot. But in the case of expansion packs, they usually get a discount only when they've been out for a few months, and the initial reduction is smaller. Seasons went on sale for 25% a couple of times before finally becoming 50% off just some days ago when GF was already announced. This doesn't count third party retailers like Target, so if you're American, you can just wait a couple of weeks for the latest EP to be 50% off there. :D
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • Options
    layix3nglayix3ng Posts: 111 Member
    Don't have the budget for it so I'm also waiting for a 50% discount :)
    *insert cool siggy here*
  • Options
    auginstineauginstine Posts: 68 Member
    I always buy my expansion packs at Target as a physical copy. Cats & Dogs was 50% release day and Seasons was 50% off within two weeks. I bought it release day but got a price adjustment because of their policy. If Get Famous follows the pattern, it should be 50% off at Target in 2 weeks or so. Not sure if it’s the same in Canada though :(
  • Options
    JC1979JC1979 Posts: 491 Member
    Or find a good online site and pay less, that’s what I did for Get Famous.
  • Options
    NichuNichu Posts: 35 Member
    Go online and find discounts. I got my Get Famous copy for only 20 euro's.
    Simmer since 2000
    Origin ID: yieunn
  • Options
    JC1979 wrote: »
    Or find a good online site and pay less, that’s what I did for Get Famous.

What site did you use?
  • Options
    Nichu wrote: »
    Go online and find discounts. I got my Get Famous copy for only 20 euro's.

Which site did you use?
  • Options
    Emo-usagi2187Emo-usagi2187 Posts: 600 Member
    well azmon has sale right now and for black friday i didn't get my game made for minor mistake but azmon is cheaper then origin trust me i saw the price.
    [img][/img]48163509141_6d283a2fcb.jpg06-30-19_1-14-16 AM by Jeannita Szalai, on Flickr
  • Options
    JC1979JC1979 Posts: 491 Member
    @ierolovrr31 instant gaming dot com.
  • Options
    Update: So I looked at "instant gaming" they have inflated the original price to $61.00 (Origin is $51.99) and have it on sale for $42.66.. So I would only be saving just over $9 because of the inflated price. This seems silly to me.

Is it normal for these types of sites to inflate the original price of a pack?

I think I have decided to wait until Get Famous goes on sale through origin!
  • Options
    duska3419duska3419 Posts: 180 Member
    This might be a stupid question, but if I have purchased TS4 & GTW, GT, Vampires from Origin, if I buy Pets, Seasons, and GF from Amazon or Target or whatever, will it still work? I didn't realize it was being sold anywhere outside of Origin. I was waiting for Black Friday to purchase the latest three packs because I assumed they'd be on sale, but I'd like to compare prices with other stores IF I can in fact buy them elsewhere.
  • Options
    Iguess66Iguess66 Posts: 115 Member
    I'm waiting for a sale, too. I already bought Get Famous but there are a few stuff packs that I'm looking to buy.
  • Options
    LolaLuvsSimsLolaLuvsSims Posts: 1,828 Member
    I'm trying my best to wait for Get Famous to be on sale at Target. I don't think I can wait more than a week, I want it now
  • Options
    icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    duska3419 wrote: »
    This might be a stupid question, but if I have purchased TS4 & GTW, GT, Vampires from Origin, if I buy Pets, Seasons, and GF from Amazon or Target or whatever, will it still work? I didn't realize it was being sold anywhere outside of Origin. I was waiting for Black Friday to purchase the latest three packs because I assumed they'd be on sale, but I'd like to compare prices with other stores IF I can in fact buy them elsewhere.

They will
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • Options
    Misa_wants_PepsiMisa_wants_Pepsi Posts: 229 Member
    Mostly likely soon. The holidays are coming up. I too want to get Get Famous cheap. Its the first expansion I'm not hyped for or that I feel I need. However, the fame and acting look cool, it has a new world and some CAS items look cool. Its like a stuff pack for me. Nice to have, but I'm not making blood sacrifices to get it as soon as possible. (Like I was for pets and Seasons.)
  • Options
    Evie0602Evie0602 Posts: 634 Member
    There's a sale right now on Origin. Game packs are 20% off and expansions, except for Get Famous, are 50% off. I'm thinking about picking up Dine Out and Parenthood.
  • Options
    cjsiebcjsieb Posts: 21 Member
    Does Origin ever have discounts on expansion packs >50% or should I get them now they are 50% off?
  • Options
    mustenimusteni Posts: 5,408 Member
    cjsieb wrote: »
    Does Origin ever have discounts on expansion packs >50% or should I get them now they are 50% off?

The answer to your question is "not this far". I don't know what plans they have for future but as of now 50% off is the best you can get. This is a really old thread btw.
  • Options
    cjsiebcjsieb Posts: 21 Member
    > @musteni said:
    > (Quote)
    >
    > The answer to your question is "not this far". I don't know what plans they have for future but as of now 50% off is the best you can get. This is a really old thread btw.

Thanks!! Good to know!
    Yeah, I figured, found it via Google. Because I'm new member, I can't start a thread yet, so happy that this worked too :smile:
  • Options
    EA_JozEA_Joz Posts: 3,164 EA Staff (retired)
    Hello everyone, please remember that necroposting is against the rules. I've gone ahead and closed the thread.

Please review our Posting Rules & Guidelines here:

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/categories/forum-rules

~EA_Joz
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top