Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Things I can't play sims without.

Comments

• Options
    ArmoireArmoire Posts: 14 New Member
    > @Sjofn said:
    > Ha, I was about to mention roburky's mods myself. I use all the ones you mentioned except for True Happiness (I use his Assertive Happiness mod instead, which I'm not sure if he actually has up anywhere these days). I might be biased, though, I help test them sometimes.

Assertive Happiness sounds interesting. I'm curious how it differs. I might go back to being a Patron. I was for one month to see what was up with that Meaningful Stories mod, but it was having issues, and I couldn't tell what was different apart from all the mods being combined into one package. But it looks like there's definitely some unique stuff now, like Sims Under Pressure and Environment Effects. And I'm stoked to see the mods have already been updated.
  • Options
    SjofnSjofn Posts: 332 Member
    It's much simpler. Assertive Happiness will just occasionally push Happy to the top so it's still a mood you see, something that more or less disappears if you use Emotional Inertia. What will make it push Happy is a single Happy moodlet has to outweigh whatever emotional moodlets the Sim has. So if you have, say, a +1 Inspired moodlet, a +3 Happy one will push past it and put the sim into Happy. Happy moodlets don't get any inertia, so it doesn't necessarily last very long.
  • Options
    Phoebebun1Phoebebun1 Posts: 12 New Member
    skin details, kijiko eyelashes, no ea eyelash mods. I think I could live with everything else being maxis, but I struggle without skin details.
  • Options
    Molly1996Molly1996 Posts: 24 Member
    Honestly I am sucker for a good Basemental Drugs. It really adds a new level to my game. One time I threw a party with the Kardashian and they all did cocaine for New Years Eve.

But I always have to take out my mods and pretty much start over with my mods each time it updates or there is a new one. I get way too irritated when they don't work. I wish they just gave us better careers in a lot of regard or at least more I've truly ran out and they always lose their modded career when I start over.

When I buy Get Famous, I am starting again with basemental drug.
    Got a lot in store for Davina Dameron (daughter of the son of Poe Dameron and Arakikiei Grindelwald)
  • Options
    HaileyNDHaileyND Posts: 14 New Member
    Mods I definitely can't play without are :

1) MC Command center
    2) Ui Cheats
    3)All KawiiStacy Mods
    4) All LittleMis Sam Mods

And I can't play without cc. I need to start removing some tbh I have over 15GB :D
  • Options
    Bananas_45Bananas_45 Posts: 6,778 Member
    edited November 2018
    Hi @Molly1996 for future reference we are not allowed to discuss that mod or any other adult themed mods on the forum because they break the TOS. This is a teen rated game.
  • Options
    runawaycoconutrunawaycoconut Posts: 13 New Member
    I've installed MCC multiple times and watched tutorials for it but it seems different than on the videos where they are describing it. A good mod for me is the faster eating and drinking mod.
  • Options
    eddrooseddroos Posts: 5 New Member
    Can you recommend me some basic mods to start with the sims 4? I have never modded the game!
  • Options
    ShinzenShinzen Posts: 250 Member
    Honestly, I'm in love with the eyelashes I use and I can't seem to make a sim without them, LOL. Other than that, there isn't really anything I couldn't live without.
    200px-MW-misc-House_Telvanni.png
  • Options
    loubyloulouloubyloulou Posts: 4,467 Member
    eddroos wrote: »
    Can you recommend me some basic mods to start with the sims 4? I have never modded the game!

Could you tell us a bit about what sort of thing you're looking for?
  • Options
    GoeguGoegu Posts: 17 Member
    piercings
  • Options
    ElavicElavic Posts: 3 New Member
    Realistic-looking mods (clothes, hair, etc..)
    Pose Player !!
  • Options
    ElavicElavic Posts: 3 New Member
    > @annabethc said:
    > this would be my list.
    >
    > mods
    > mccc. its so useful for cheats plus story progression.
    > ui cheats extension. I need to cheat needs.
    > more cas columns - 4 columns. i can see more at once.
    > luumia's cas lighting mod. nicer lighting, original is dark.
    > reshade - saartje77 color pop reshade. it looks so much brighter.
    > playable pets. I want to control the pets.
    > luumia's noglo and noblu. nicer lighting.
    > aklsimmer reduced random townies. i don't like too many weird plum townies.
    >
    > custom content-mm
    > default skins. it looks much smoother with cc.
    > default eyes. cc eyes are shinier and cuter.
    > white cas background. the blue-green one is meh.
    > cc freckles. the original ones look like spots on the sim's face.
    > cc lipstick. there is no proper matte ones.
    > toddler cc clothes and hair. they're lacking, i dont have the toddler stuff pack.
    >
    > I do use cc hair, clothes, shoes, and other makeup but they are items that I can live without. Also, I don't have build cc.

@annabethc I would like to use reshade, but it makes my game super blurry. Do you know how to fix this? If you have discord, my tag is Elavic#4929
  • Options
    hermioniahermionia Posts: 289 Member
    edited December 2018
    I'm not that great with reshade but you could try following some tutorials that are specific to sims. This is the one I used when I first installed it ( https://gabreux-sb.tumblr.com/post/156049821342/its-very-simple-that-i-can-guarantee-they-have ) Maybe it needs some specific settings, I don't know. But if you try to follow it step by step it should work. I'm not the person to ask about this, lol. I just followed a tutorial. @Elavic
  • Options
    EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,342 Member
    For me that would be Scumbumbo's SCAM, a mod that suppresses any traces of autonomy that the game likes to sneak into my autonomy off game.

Runner ups might be
    - Deaderpool MCCC
    - roBurky Fitness Controls
    - Triplis Quit and rejoin school
    - Shimrod Change Outfit on inactives
    - Sweeney Todd Immortal cowplants & make cowplant hungry at will
    - Polarbearsims Make Ask for advice user directed

If the runner ups broke I'd be devasted, but I think I could still play. SCAM, however, was a real gamechanger for me. I'm not sure if I could touch the game again if I couldn't use that mod anymore. At the very least I'd pout for several weeks before grumpily loading it up again.
  • Options
    luxsylvanluxsylvan Posts: 1,922 Member
    edited December 2018
    So far I've only ever really used CAS CC (and maybe one wallpaper), but I've moved on to exclusively maxis match, because I like all the styles to look the same. I don't use it often though, maybe mostly to get a larger range of eye colors. I really love to have wide variety of those and can't imagine taking them out if the game now that I have them. I've thought about getting MCCC but I'm low-key terrified? I don't know anything about mods or how it'll effect my game/computer (and my computer is new I don't want jeopardize it). But I miss story progression so badly 😭 anyone have any reassurances about mccc? 😂
  • Options
    nerdysagittariusnerdysagittarius Posts: 18 Member
    > @MaggieMarley said:
    > I’m in agreement with MCCC! Story progression is ESSENTIAL to my game. It’s the only mod I have and I have no CC.
    >
    > The packs I feel I really can’t do without in my game...
    > - Vampires
    > - Get to work (mostly for the aliens!)
    > - Cats and Dogs
    > - Seasons
    >
    > ETA: oops this was only meant to be about mods. Oh well!

Same here with MCCC, it's so depressing to watch everyone die elderly, alone, and childless
  • Options
    Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    luxsylvan wrote: »
    So far I've only ever really used CAS CC (and maybe one wallpaper), but I've moved on to exclusively maxis match, because I like all the styles to look the same. I don't use it often though, maybe mostly to get a larger range of eye colors. I really love to have wide variety of those and can't imagine taking them out if the game now that I have them. I've thought about getting MCCC but I'm low-key terrified? I don't know anything about mods or how it'll effect my game/computer (and my computer is new I don't want jeopardize it). But I miss story progression so badly 😭 anyone have any reassurances about mccc? 😂

I've had MCCC in for awhile now, and put it straight in when I bought my new rig. I've never had any trouble with it. It's a very stable mod and Deaderpool does a magnificent job of keeping it up to date. I'm so appreciative in fact I am a patron on Patreon.

You can read all about it here as well as download it
    https://deaderpool-mccc.com/#/Top
  • Options
    HausieHausie Posts: 25 Member
    I used to be a huge fan of Alpha CC some years ago but I decided to switch to Maxis Match :blush:
    I can't really see my game without :

- The LEH default skin, it's so smooth and really fits the style of TS4.
    - Default eyes for cats and dogs and for my Sims as well since I don't really like the EA ones.
    - Of course, some Maxis Match hairstyles, shoes and clothes.
    - Some buy and build mode Maxis Match objects (but I try to use a really little amount of it)

As for the mods :

- The 4 CAS columns, because since I tried it I just can't live without it.
    - The Pregnancy Mod, because sometimes I'm too lazy to wait 3 sims days or simply because I use poses sometimes.

And I really wanted to try the MCC, but people said it can delete your households ? So I'm kinda scared about this one.
  • Options
    luxsylvanluxsylvan Posts: 1,922 Member
    @Pamtastic72 thanks so much for the input! I'll definitely look into it, because everything I've heard has been very positive. :)
  • Options
    mirkwoodelvemirkwoodelve Posts: 2 New Member
    Before even starting the game after downloading it I made sure to get the vampires, spooky stuff and ability to make people with pointed ears as well as downloading other CC stuff like good hairs,eyes and skins. I also like the bb.moveobjects mod as I am more of a build and create sims type player than a play-the-actual-game type player.
  • Options
    Princess_07xPrincess_07x Posts: 926 Member
    bump.........
  • Options
    loubyloulouloubyloulou Posts: 4,467 Member
    bump.........

This thread's been inactive for nearly a year now, so you'd be better off creating a new one than necroing an old one.