Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Lacking occult life states

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    Armilus616Armilus616 Posts: 683 Member
    When I bought Sims 4, I was expecting multiple occults added over time.
    Vampires are the best in the franchise yet, maybe even the best Vampires in Gaming in General. (though that is up to debate. the Vampires in Vampyr are to be considered)
    With that said, I don't know if we get any more occults. I Hope we get at least Witches and Werewolves at some point.
    Witches won the Twitter poll with Mermaids at second place. I am guessing that a lot of People voted Mermaids because they thought "Hey, they sure come with beaches and swimmable oceans"
    Werewolves are almost at the bottom of the ranking, so I fear we can forget about werewolves.
    And as Witches had 50% of the votes in the final round, there is hope we will get at least them.

Witches, as fleshed out as the Vampires or even more. that I would love, especially since they are my favorite.
    Werewolves not coming at all, or in Sims 5 after they gained enough confidence to try them again, I would hate that.
  • Options
    sazzieJsazzieJ Posts: 150 Member
    absolutely wholeheartedly agree!

sims supernatural was my fave in sims 3 and out of the options available faeries were my favourite!! i loved how they aged significantly slower so i could max all the skills i wanted and then work on the skill journal and the faery tree house thing.

as many have said, if occult sims came as fleshed out as vampires that would be amazing and for-sure worth the price of an EP (some, IMO, have been lacking and not worth EP prices). i too would like to see elves added, i love having pointy elf ears on my sims and it would be nice to have a 'good' immortal to be the flip side of the 'bad' immortal vampires.

i think a supernaturals sim4 could come with a whole world that has occult sims and townies living in it, and only it. we could also have a tick box that would turn occult sims on for other towns for those that may want to complete the sims4 collection or use the CAS/BB items that come with said pack but not the occults themselves. this town could be set in the past potentially before electricity so there are different clothing styles and items to use. i for one, would LOVE, the idea that we could bring our sims into the modern age with each generation that passes and catch up to the worlds of willow creek etc

i too would like a ghost overall so theyre actually ghost like. id also like items that prevent ghosts from entering the house uninvited regardless of if they were a previous owner/occupant of the house. i WANT a cemetery lot back too! it could come with a part time job/new NPC - the groundskeeper and a crypt like in sims3 to explore, who as the name implies keeps the lot tidy but also seems to never age, and tells sims stories of people buried there or of hidden treasures. if we got a ghost hunter career the hunters may have to interact with this person to help solve cases

regardless of never playing them, id still like the witches, werewolves, mermaids, genies, ... im forgetting one i feel all back and in addition id like elves for sure, maybe orcs, proper ghosts AND zombies, androids - could tie into a future ep like in sims3, and i agree with proper plant sims too.

apart from the ghost hunter job it could add a medium or psychic job, definitely bring back alchemy, and it would be nice to see more rustic or medieval (i LOVE sims medieval) BB items like stone or wood with proper hay roofs, and wooden furniture and candle light type things so we can at least pretend our immortal sim has lived through the ages and is yet to catch up with all this 'newfangled technology'. itd be great if our occult sims could be detached from the mobile

any supernatural be it my least played or not would be automatically added into my house as it would be something very new and exciting
  • Options
    CeCeDotCeCeDot Posts: 230 Member
    I'm definitely going to keep on voicing my opinions about supernaturals on Twitter. Let's hope the guru's listen...
  • Options
    friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,554 Member
    just answer this simple question what will you do if the sim gurus decide not to add anymore supernatural? as a player I would much rather see a true vacation spot then super natural
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,458 Member
    I'm also longing for more supernaturals. In sims 3 it was a bit overkill when you consider how many were added and I understand the team decided to do fewer supernaturals. I enjoyed playing the realistic gameplay of sims 4 for a while. But if you want to play supernaturals the choice is way to limited with only 2 options. It feels they are breaking with their tradition of sims. Supernaturals were a basic part of sims 2 and 3 with EVERY EP and they need to return to sims 4 in more variety.
  • Options
    OfSylvanGladeOfSylvanGlade Posts: 86 Member
    I'm glad to see other people agree with me that fantasy players seem to have been ignored in favor of players who prefer realism in Sims 4. The Sims 3 was so much more magical. I remember when I was still playing Sims 2 (had a very old PC) and the Sims 3 Supernatural pack came out and I was so jealous that Sims 3 players got fairies because that was always my biggest want in Sims 2 and I had downloaded tonnes of fairy CC.
  • Options
    just answer this simple question what will you do if the sim gurus decide not to add anymore supernatural? as a player I would much rather see a true vacation spot then super natural

As soon as it is confirmed, Insult the one that most likely made the decision on a regular basis, and refuse to buy anything from Origin ever again.
    I would not stop until they'd announce that the next Sims game would pay the occults more attention.
    Imagine a SimGuru said "We do not intend to add toddlers back. Ever. Not even in Sims 5 or 6. We believe they were a Mistake in Sims 2 and 3, and we will not repeat it."
    Imagine the outrage. Imagine the anger.
    that's what I would feel like. And I would show it. On Twitter, in the Forum, and with my Wallet.
  • Options

I can understand! I honestly want more adventure vacation worlds as well to live out my life as Sim Lara croft haha.
    I would ask why they decided to stop adding supernaturals because they are highly requested and they have been a tradition since the Sims 2. If I find the answer bullocks, I'll complain with the other players that feel robbed. Even going as far as stopping my support of the game until they are brought back in the next title.
  • Options
    Tremayne4260Tremayne4260 Posts: 3,126 Member
    Ok, so now that everyone is agreed we'd like more supernatural sims back. What would like to see done with them? For example, what did you like most about witches from the previous versions? What did you like least? Which creatures could have used more to do?
    Second Star to the Right and Straight on 'til Morning.
  • Options
    VirtualFairytalesVirtualFairytales Posts: 9 New Member
    @Tremayne4260 I totally loved the Making Magic pack from the Sims 1. It came with different spells and magical crystals and skills, which were very creative i think. There was so much to explore. We had an own neighborhood which totally fit the theme, there were dragons and the magical beanstalk and so much more, I don't want to list everything :D - You could so feel the magic and the details the creators added.

I was happy they integrated witches in the Sims 2, but I was kind of disappointed they were just a side feature of the apartment pack. Couldn't see much magic in there.
    Supernatural was then really cool again. But I can't remember Sims 3 so much.. haven't played it so often.

So in fact I wish for a remake of Making magic combined with the different creature options from Supernatural. This would be my perfect expansion pack. :D
  • Options
    Eri_plays_simsEri_plays_sims Posts: 1 New Member
    I honestly miss faeries from the sims three and witches as well, i thought that supernatural was a nice pack that lived up to expectations with faeries being pranksters and witches being good or evil.
  • Options
    OfSylvanGladeOfSylvanGlade Posts: 86 Member
    > @Tremayne4260 said:
    > Ok, so now that everyone is agreed we'd like more supernatural sims back. What would like to see done with them? For example, what did you like most about witches from the previous versions? What did you like least? Which creatures could have used more to do?

I really liked the alignment system in Sims 2 with the witches, that changed depending on which kind of magic you studied/spells you cast. I liked the cauldron object from Sims 3 store, so I'd like to see that return in a Witches pack. Also, alchemy.
  • Options
    Ok, so now that everyone is agreed we'd like more supernatural sims back. What would like to see done with them? For example, what did you like most about witches from the previous versions? What did you like least? Which creatures could have used more to do?

I would leave what I want to see in the Ideas corner. There are a lot of threats already discussing these topics!
    But the question in bold: definitely werewolves!
  • Options
    LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    edited November 2018

Oh, they will add a few more supernaturals eventually. They polled on Twitter about supernaturals, and I doubt they would do that unless they were thinking about potential future content.

I personally would be very disappointed (and would feel trolled after that Twitter supernatural poll), but I would hope Sims 5 would eventually have them, then.

I tend to play realistic-ish-ly, so I can live without some supernaturals, but I would still ask the Gurus why a Guru would create a poll about them.

I still have faith that there would be at least a few more supernaturals added before Sims 4 finishes up.
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • Options
    sazzieJsazzieJ Posts: 150 Member

i personally would be very annoyed. imo the JA world is a great vacation spot but i would not be opposed to them adding in another spot but at the same time i would feel the game incredibly incomplete. i already feel like its lacking compared to the previous games. regardless of having vampire or alien sims in 4, it feels empty and like no matter what i do every single sim is the same with a different look. its boring.

a new vacation spot would be great then it too would be boring, whereas new occults would be more interesting to me long term as id hope they would bring about some changes or additions to the game that stop every sim seeming like theyre cookie cutter creations with different icing.

theyve already cut so much from previous games, i feel if they said no more occults itd be the end of sims 4 for me and id go back to sims3 or install 2 so i can have a completely fleshed out game but thats just me and i dont see why they couldnt do both!
  • Options
    AceOfKnavesAceOfKnaves Posts: 173 Member
    edited November 2018
    CeCeDot wrote: »
    Yeah I really hope they upgrade the plant Sim. It's overdue.
    I also voiced my ideas in the ideas corner about what I would love to see in a mermaid occult game pack because they deserve to be fleshed out!
    With Detroit become human I became in love with robots and androids, it would be neet to see them in TS4

@CeCeDot Thank you for mentioning DBH. I thought I was alone for a while there! It's definitely one of my favorites and made me miss my little robotic nannies/gardeners in 4. Androids would be an awesome addition to gameplay, imo, especially when looking at it from a 'sims are now technology driven' POV. But I know it's a rather unpopular opinion as of late. I remember having fun crafting the robot traits in 3. They were good as step-parents, or simply as a sentient robot who wanted to be a parent... On the run from a control-freak owner. Oh, the ideas I had with this game. :p

However, I'd trade them in a heartbeat if Werewolves came along (no loyalty, lol). Or even Witches. Granted, I can live without the Mermaids, Faeries, etc. I understand how it can seriously break immersion if you're doing a realistic playthrough and have a bunch of Supernaturals running around, even if it's an optional occult state - so perhaps that can be limited. But it gives the game a certain dose of strangeness that keeps me entertained. Of course, this would be a big game changer that I'd rather wait a couple years for than to have it rushed out sloppily, because I agree on the occults needing to be fleshed out. For now, though, I'll cross my fingers.
  • Options
    CeCeDot wrote: »
    Yeah I really hope they upgrade the plant Sim. It's overdue.
    I also voiced my ideas in the ideas corner about what I would love to see in a mermaid occult game pack because they deserve to be fleshed out!
    With Detroit become human I became in love with robots and androids, it would be neet to see them in TS4

@CeCeDot Thank you for mentioning DBH. I thought I was alone for a while there! It's definitely one of my favorites and made me miss my little robotic nannies/gardeners in 4. Androids would be an awesome addition to gameplay, imo, especially when looking at it from a 'sims are now technology driven' POV. But I know it's a rather unpopular opinion as of late. I remember having fun crafting the robot traits in 3. They were good as step-parents, or simply as a sentient robot who wanted to be a parent... On the run from a control-freak owner. Oh, the ideas I had with this game. :p

However, I'd trade them in a heartbeat if Werewolves came along (no loyalty, lol). Or even Witches. Granted, I can live without the Mermaids, Faeries, etc. I understand how it can seriously break immersion if you're doing a realistic playthrough and have a bunch of Supernaturals running around, even if it's an optional occult state - so perhaps that can be limited. But it gives the game a certain dose of strangeness that keeps me entertained. Of course, this would be a big game changer that I'd rather wait a couple years for than to have it rushed out sloppily, because I agree on the occults needing to be fleshed out. For now, though, I'll cross my fingers.

Yeah DBH is a great game! I never really got to experiment with robots in 3 because I never bought into the future unfortunately. To bad they've become unpopular as of late, since they are technically our future as well.
  • Options
    iliekponieziliekponiez Posts: 455 Member
    I really hope the next game pack is a new life state!
  • Options
    SimsLovinLycanSimsLovinLycan Posts: 1,910 Member
    I really do feel like those of us who love playing with the weird and magical have been badly neglected during TS4's run. We've had crippled plant sims and only two full supernatural lifestates (aliens and vampires) in this whole four year period. Meanwhile, realism-based players have been basically showered with features in comparison, both in packs and patches. I mean, I know we're probably a niche group here...but I'm pretty sure that's also true for people who like doing laundry or spa activities, so that's no excuse.

Also, if they don't do werewolves when they've already done vampires, I will be livid. Yes, they did a good job with vampires, but werewolves have so much potential...especially with the talent tree framework that was created for the "Vampires" GP to work from!
    There is a song I hear, a melody from the past...
    5MNZlGQ.gif
    When I woke for the first time, when I slept for the last.
  • Options
    RoboSpongieRoboSpongie Posts: 1,042 Member
    edited November 2018
    Coming from someone who loves fantasy and supernatural life states since Makin Magic and TS2 I am upset at the lack of supernatural life states

Where's the magic users/witches, mermaids, Servos (non magical but fantasy), werewolves, and more ?

I was absolutely upset that the skeleton life state from Jungle Adventure was just a temp effect, aliens are a joke, and I guess vampires are okay but it's literally the one fleshed out fantasy life state atm

We're due for another game pack but I feel like it's not gonna be supernatural based :(

Oh yeah I forgot to mention that the event Plant Sims broke my heart I wanted plant beings not a green sim with short hair
    = Sims Player for 17+ Years =
    tumblr_inline_nsj7xjgkAi1rrkf1x_500.gif
  • Options
    Coming from someone who loves fantasy and supernatural life states since Makin Magic and TS2 I am upset at the lack of supernatural life states

Where's the magic users/witches, mermaids, Servos (non magical but fantasy), werewolves, and more ?

I was absolutely upset that the skeleton life state from Jungle Adventure was just a temp effect, aliens are a joke, and I guess vampires are okay but it's literally the one fleshed out fantasy life state atm

We're due for another game pack but I feel like it's not gonna be supernatural based :(

Oh yeah I forgot to mention that the event Plant Sims broke my heart I wanted plant beings not a green sim with short hair

I don't know how fleshed out Aliens were in Sims 2, but those in Sims 4 are about as fleshed out as those in 3 were.
    Yes, they lost a few powers but also gained stuff. Among other things the ability to disguise. For the first time ever we can make them in CAS, and we can visit their planet in a non-rabbit-hole way.
    Unless Aliens had much more lore and gameplay to them in 1 and 2, they are not that bad, at least compared to the Occults in 3.

Vampires are more than just okay. Having a GP of their own, they are more fleshed out than in any Sims game so far, and might even be a candidate for best Vampires in Gaming in General. If they are "Okay" to you, I want to see the amazing game you were playing, that has so much better Vampires.

The Skeletons and Plant sims were a Joke. But honestly, I believe those temporary life states are there just to shut our mouths so we don't cry about the lack of Supernatural stuff constantly everywhere. I believe, they allowed us to put fairies in the fish pond in Get Famous for the exact same reason. Romantic Garden has the wishing well. But with that, they pulled themselves from having to make Genies, as it would be a blue sim with a turban and the same Gameplay as the well.
    In Sims 3, Plant sims had a special skin overlay texture that looked leafy, special hair that looked like leaves and yeah, they received a seed after woohoo that grew into a plant sim baby that could be harvested. In Sims 4, they have none of it, but they do have similar needs as an actual plant.

I think we will get witches at least, but not this year and not in the first half of next year. Mermaids maybe, that are given the Aliens and Ghosts treatment. If we get Robots, they will get the Plantsims and Skeletons treatment.
    With only 3 years being confirmed, and nobody speculating on content for Sims 4 beyond that, I am not speculating on any more Supernatural content other than small stuff like the deco fairies in the fish pond in Get Famous.
  • Options
    edited November 2018
    19.11.18_10-05-06.png
    I have to correct myself. the Fairy tings are called sprites. Does that mean playable Fairies are still an option? IDK
  • Options
    RoboSpongieRoboSpongie Posts: 1,042 Member
    edited November 2018
    Armilus616 wrote: »

I don't know how fleshed out Aliens were in Sims 2, but those in Sims 4 are about as fleshed out as those in 3 were.
    Yes, they lost a few powers but also gained stuff. Among other things the ability to disguise. For the first time ever we can make them in CAS, and we can visit their planet in a non-rabbit-hole way.
    Unless Aliens had much more lore and gameplay to them in 1 and 2, they are not that bad, at least compared to the Occults in 3.

Vampires are more than just okay. Having a GP of their own, they are more fleshed out than in any Sims game so far, and might even be a candidate for best Vampires in Gaming in General. If they are "Okay" to you, I want to see the amazing game you were playing, that has so much better Vampires.

The Skeletons and Plant sims were a Joke. But honestly, I believe those temporary life states are there just to shut our mouths so we don't cry about the lack of Supernatural stuff constantly everywhere. I believe, they allowed us to put fairies in the fish pond in Get Famous for the exact same reason. Romantic Garden has the wishing well. But with that, they pulled themselves from having to make Genies, as it would be a blue sim with a turban and the same Gameplay as the well.
    In Sims 3, Plant sims had a special skin overlay texture that looked leafy, special hair that looked like leaves and yeah, they received a seed after woohoo that grew into a plant sim baby that could be harvested. In Sims 4, they have none of it, but they do have similar needs as an actual plant.

I think we will get witches at least, but not this year and not in the first half of next year. Mermaids maybe, that are given the Aliens and Ghosts treatment. If we get Robots, they will get the Plantsims and Skeletons treatment.
    With only 3 years being confirmed, and nobody speculating on content for Sims 4 beyond that, I am not speculating on any more Supernatural content other than small stuff like the deco fairies in the fish pond in Get Famous.

For aliens I was mainly annoyed with the constant embarrassment moodlet (it gets really old) and I thought they would get I guess a little more stuff (there is a mod out there that improves them) they are a bit of an improvement from the previous two installments takes but I expected more from them I guess

For vampires I like their powers and stuff, I love their CAS, but I found the hunger system obnoxious which made managing them a bit tedious (there's a mod that fixes plasma hunger) but they're a life state I don't play often (I got the pack anyways because I wanted to try them out) but hunger is easily fixed with mods which made my vampires gameplay a little less tedious

Post edited by RoboSpongie on
    = Sims Player for 17+ Years =
    tumblr_inline_nsj7xjgkAi1rrkf1x_500.gif
  • Options
    AnnaleinAnnalein Posts: 5 New Member
    Yes! Yes! YES! The vampires in the game turned out amazing in my opinion and I would love to see more supernatural creatures like them. Witches, werewolves, fairies, whatever. It would be really cool if these species would interact with each other in different ways. Like if werewolves hated vampires and witches were adored by cats and persecuted by witchhunters. Also, the addition of vampire hunters to the Vampires GP would be great.
  • Options
    You mean like...
    fa2c2be1bc48b0f1adf5ac5aae6df184.jpg