Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What simple thing impressed you?

I know we always talk about the things the game has, and the game doesn't have ... but what 'anything' wow-ed you in this game ... any expansion that wow-ed you ... feature .... action ... the simple things that you loved!!!

1. I love that Bella Goth is still around after all these years.
2. i love the gurus and everyone else for giving us some much and I am sorry that people are so harsh on them and expect everything
3. I love little baby ducks , old pickup trucks, slow moving trains and rain .... sorry I got carried away ... LOL!

Little things now...

4. I love that you can be you ... create, build tell stories or just play ... there is no game out there that you have no string ties to you about the way you play ....

5. I love the way she walks... every walk is so ... so ...different ... we need more
6. I love everyone faces ... goofy, sad , angry ... they are so expressive
7. Vampires ... I was wow-ed by how they did the system (good power/bad power) and hope they bring back that aspect in other parts.

Many other things ...lend me your thoughts ... only good comments about what you LIKE/LOVE/ LOVE

Comments

• Options
    duhboy2u2duhboy2u2 Posts: 3,290 Member
    After playing Sims 4 since nearly the beginning, I still love:
    1. The idle animaitons for pregnant sims. I love the content little smiles and the almost absent minded tummy pats.
    2. I love that little kids run out to the front walk when their parents come home from work to greet them with hugs.
    3. I love watching the vampires stalk down the sidewalk in the middle of the night all sneaky-like only to stop and stalk back the other way when they realize your sims are still awake and they can't sneek in.
    4. I love the frustration of trying to take care of infant sims when everyone in the house seems to just want to stand in front of the crib and make faces and coo at them (I'm not being sarcastic. I actually do love it)
    Loving yourself is the most simple and complicated thing you can do for you.
  • Options
    LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,595 Member
    1. Multi-tasking for sure. Just seeing sims multi-task the most simple of things I couldn't before in previous games is great. (Watching tv, eating and chatting at the same time.
    2. With the addition of parenthood, adult sims acting towards younger sims a lot more warmly and feeling more like an actual family. Had a mother go up to her child to playfully pinch her on the cheek and she laughed all autonomously. Cutest thing ever.
    3. Some animations in game you can't really choose from the pie chart and sims will just do this autonomously. Much like walking up to their dog and holding their paws while they danced with them.
    4. MOVING AND EXPANDING ROOMS with such ease. I love it it makes building so much easier and blew me away, considering I always had such a time with building and just hated it.
    5. Being able to have accessories separated in CAS. It was such a gripe in previous games for sure for me and having the majority of jewelry just 'pasted and drawn' onto a sims outfit.

But the biggest thing? A SEARCH BAR to properly search for items with ease and not having to look through categories endlessly. It makes things so much easier when I'm looking for a particular item or what falls into that particular search.
    5vJrxmT.png
  • Options
    RebbilinaRebbilina Posts: 377 Member
    I love that toddlers get angry or sad instead of uncomfortable. Generally, these toddlers are the best ones we’ve ever had.
  • Options
    Samsonguy9000Samsonguy9000 Posts: 755 Member
    duhboy2u2 wrote: »
    After playing Sims 4 since nearly the beginning, I still love:
    3. I love watching the vampires stalk down the sidewalk in the middle of the night all sneaky-like only to stop and stalk back the other way when they realize your sims are still awake and they can't sneek in.

One time I caught a vampire on the hunt and I woke up my sim before they got to the door. The vamp instantly switched to Visiting Guest mode and knocked on the door. They still did the creepy walk around the house but behaved themselves. That got a chuckle out of me.

I love the overall ambience and life of the neighborhoods. The passing motorists, the steamboat, the train. San Myshuno feels a lot like I wanted The Urbz(PS2) to feel like. The atmosphere is awesome.
  • Options
    GrumpyGlowfishGrumpyGlowfish Posts: 2,208 Member
    Things that wowed me, in no particular order:

1. Careers splitting into two different branches halfway through. It doubles the amount of available careers and enables two sims to be in the same general line of work, but still have different jobs when they reach the top.
    2. Related to the above, the writer career. It makes TS4 the first Sims game I've played that offers a fitting career for my simself.
    3. Active careers. Working off a checklist of things to do may seem boring and repetitive to some, but I find it much more immersive and interesting than just sending sims to a rabbithole, especially since it's an option, not mandatory.
    4. And while we're still talking about careers: The upcoming self-employment feature. My shop owners and veterinarians shall no longer be listed as unemployed!
    5. Clubs. While I don't actually use them as much as I thought I would, I like the idea behind it, and how you can use it to easily get together (no pun intended) with specific sims that you may not see often otherwise.
    6. Aliens and vampires. I didn't care too much about either in TS2, but TS4 gave them a much-needed overhaul and more gameplay value, leaving me confident that other, upcoming supernatural life states will get a similar treatment.
    7. Children are really special, with their own skills, aspirations, and features. And while I'm still not a fan of toddlers, the ones from TS4 are definitely my favourites.
    8. Reward traits for completing aspirations. Some of the abilities they grant, such as writing the book of life and preparing food that never spoils, are really worth working for.
    9. The flexibility when it comes to building, how you can just drag rooms and even entire buildings around like objects.
    10. And last, but not least: The worlds, each beautiful and unique in its own way.
  • Options
    MilwayLangMilwayLang Posts: 180 Member
    1. I love the animation. They look so expressive and cartoony
    2. I like their character models. The hairs, the faces. Sure TS3 has realistic faces and hairs but I prefer cartoony more. Dunno why :persevere:
    3. I like Malcolm Landgraab. He grew on me since the first launch of TS4. Maybe it's because of his character design
    4. Multitasking

Man, I wish I could write all my reasons but it'll might be too long
    Hello, my name is Soop Kreem. You can check my Adams' Family Tree

yh.jpg
  • Options
    icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    1. Some of the tiny details in CAS. I like how their tone realistically changes depending on their muscle and fat. Like you can see their spinal column if they have no muscle or fat, or how sims lose muscle definition if they get too fat. And I LOVE how hairs and hats are separate now. I hardly used hats in Sims 3 because of this problem. And how certain items combine together. In Sims 3, some boots would clip through certain pants. If Sims 4 had CASt and less clay-like hair, I'd say it would've been the best CAS.

2. I do agree that the toddlers in this game are the best so far. They can do so much more, and the skill level progression is more realistic than an "either or" situation with walking and talking. Almost anything a toddler can do grants skills...which is realistic when you consider how toddlers develop IRL. I guess their absence in the first 3 years really put a lot of emphasis on them, because they were often overlooked in 2 and 3. Sims 3 toddlers couldn't even interact with dogs (at least TS2 ones could hug them).

3. The Sims 4 is missing certain small details (all the clocks in the game don't move unlike previous games), but at the same time it has other small details as well. Pet collars with bells actually make a ringing sound. Even if walls are cut away, mirrors will still show the full walls in their reflections. If you make your sim fart in the hot tub, it'll actually show the water bubble. Just some small things that show foresight.

4. In the terrain manipulation stream, I was amazed at how much thought they put into the thing. Lots of things that weren't possible in Sims 3 (I went in the game and tried) are now possible. If you have a raised slope, you can have stairs going down from the slope to the 2nd floor of a building, even if the slope is technically on the 1st floor, so you'd be "descending" from the 1st floor to the 2nd. If you have a building on a raised slope, its 2nd floor can hang over the 2nd floor of a building on lower terrain, as long as there's enough of a height difference for sims to walk through. I mean, these are probably uncommon scenarios, but I recognize that these are complex and difficult to program. I guess this one isn't so simple.
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?