Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Origin as took the money!

honeypooh1267honeypooh1267 Posts: 1,344 Member
Origin as took the money for Get Famous...so start checking your banks! mine just went though this morning! I'm more excited! I had thought it wasn't going out until maybe Wednesday or Thursday..
Post edited by honeypooh1267 on

Comments

• Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    Origin as took the money for Get Famous...so start checking your banks! mine just went though this morning! I'm more excited! I had thought it wasn't going out until maybe Wednesday or Thursday..

It isnt coming out till Thursday Night at midnight. They took it out early.
  • Options
    honeypooh1267honeypooh1267 Posts: 1,344 Member
    that's what I thought.... I had thought maybe Wednesday or Thursdays they would take the money out.. but this morning?
  • Options
    QueenMercyQueenMercy Posts: 1,680 Member

It isnt coming out till Thursday Night at midnight. They took it out early.

I guess that’s just how they handle digital preorders. I believe they also did that back when I preordered Unraveled. I think the thing is that with full games they can let you predownload a game so you can play it the minute it releases, but I don’t think that’d work for dlc.
  • Options
    Ravager619Ravager619 Posts: 3,738 Member
    Origin usually draws funds about 10 days prior to release day. I was a little surprised when I got the email yesterday about it. I had assumed it already happened.
    "That person who helps others simply because it should or must be done, and because it is the right thing to do, is indeed without a doubt, a real superhero." - Stan Lee
  • Options
    PinkSugar81PinkSugar81 Posts: 184 Member
    Mine was taken too, Now I am suuuuper ready for the pack to release! So close!
  • Options
    paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    Hope your money will be worth it :)

I'll just wait for the holiday sale in a few weeks from now.
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • Options
    aaronrulzaaronrulz Posts: 4,098 Member

How quickly do you think the price will drop? Coincidentally I'll be out of town for a week for a wedding and I leave the day the pack comes out so I won't be able to play anyway. Any chance it'll drop in 6 days? haha
  • Options
    AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member
    aaronrulz wrote: »

How quickly do you think the price will drop? Coincidentally I'll be out of town for a week for a wedding and I leave the day the pack comes out so I won't be able to play anyway. Any chance it'll drop in 6 days? haha

Target usually does a 50% off sale on release day for expansion packs.
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif

• Options
    N0NoTToN0NN0NoTToN0N Posts: 1,024 Member
    edited November 2018

I've seen other people mention target for sales. I haven't bought anything sims from anywhere other than origin in years. Is it through Target's web site? Stupid question but do you just update your game from origin then?
    19172275569_bb0181ed75.jpgGingerThyme; by T Reece, on Flickr
  • Options
    treece01 wrote: »

I've seen other people mention target for sales. I haven't bought anything sims from anywhere other than origin in years. Is it through Target's web site? Stupid question but do you just update your game from origin then?

same question. How does it work if you don't buy it from origin?
  • Options
    orkhid22orkhid22 Posts: 2,226 Member
    Many times Target discount is in-store, not online.
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,596 Member

Hello @treece01 and @aaronrulz
    If you buy it from another store, log into origin, click on the origin label at the top left hand side of the screen, then click on “ redeem product code” from the drop down menu. Then type in the product code that came with the pack you bought. The pack will then be added to your games library, which you can then download,
  • Options
    EricasFreePlayEricasFreePlay Posts: 849 Member
    Yup. I got my email yesterday that they charged me for the pre-order. They will email me again when it's ready to download and play. But I do have a question. I played Sims 2 pretty much all day Saturday and it doesn't show that I played that day or into Sunday morning. The last date they show is November 3. What gives? I have restarted Origin, Sims 2 and my laptop and it still shows the wrong date.
  • Options
    N0NoTToN0NN0NoTToN0N Posts: 1,024 Member
    rosemow wrote: »

Hello @treece01 and @aaronrulz
    If you buy it from another store, log into origin, click on the origin label at the top left hand side of the screen, then click on “ redeem product code” from the drop down menu. Then type in the product code that came with the pack you bought. The pack will then be added to your games library, which you can then download,

Thanks @rosemow! You're always so helpful!
    19172275569_bb0181ed75.jpgGingerThyme; by T Reece, on Flickr
  • Options
    I agree! Thanks @rosemow
  • Options
    thatsnotswegthatsnotsweg Posts: 697 Member
    edited November 2018
    Yup. I got my email yesterday that they charged me for the pre-order. They will email me again when it's ready to download and play. But I do have a question. I played Sims 2 pretty much all day Saturday and it doesn't show that I played that day or into Sunday morning. The last date they show is November 3. What gives? I have restarted Origin, Sims 2 and my laptop and it still shows the wrong date.
    Is it possible you were playing in offline mode? If Origin was in offline mode, it won't log as your last time played.
    gallery ID: thatsnotsweg

vYCrjvm.png