Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Lacking occult life states

After 4 years we only got two bigger life states (aliens and vampires) and a few minor occults. Will we ever get all occults from previous iterations back?
Occults are near and dear to my heart from previous Sim games so I really hope so.

What are your thoughts or opinions on this matter?

Comments

• Options
    geminiagregeminiagre Posts: 6,918 Member
    Agreed. Even though I do not play much with them, I really miss the option. I loved supernatural back in TS3. And the sims making magic was one of my favs. I really want to see witches and fairies making a comeback and even maybe LOTR styled elves. And if all of them have the same concept of powers with vampires I think they are gonna be the best we ever had
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,893 Member
    Witches are my favorite in Sims 2 and 3 and I truly want them to make a return in Sims 4.
  • Options
    DuendeDuende Posts: 175 Member
    Firstly, I'm very glad this is being discussed because I do share your love for the Occult. Moreover, I am incandescent at the way us aficionados have been brushed aside for the favour of the Legacy and Realist players. I also have a terrible sense of dread that they will probably only create witches and werewolves while discarding the other occult states. I would like to hope that does not occur, but hope does only good to prolong the torment of suspended disappointment. Dreamer, Pagan and Fantasy-aficionado Simmers would all agree thatit is time. It is time for the bell tower clock to chime (a new object in build mode for such would be nice) at the witching hour and let us have the advent of The Supernatural. It's been five long years and
    Oh how I long to hear the howl of werewolves. Just see the flicker of fairies zipping in flight. To feel the burgeoning toil and trouble witches are stirring up in their cauldron... this would mean the world to many of us. So how long must we remain in this drought of realism and not have our thirsts for magic quenched? That is reserved to be answered by EA or the Maxis Team.

tenor.gif?itemid=12026064

• Options
    QueenMercyQueenMercy Posts: 1,680 Member
    Yeah, I’m also worried they’ll skip most occults because a loud minority really hates them. Some people just have no sense of wonder. I really want faeries, real plantsims, werewolves that won’t get stuck in their wolf form, sims who can use magic (maybe not as a separate lifestate, especially since we can’t change that in cas), ts3 genies, and mermaids-especially if we could make more than one kind (imagine an octopus themed one!)

I’d also love to build more plumbots, and an android lifestate would be cool.
  • Options
    CeCeDotCeCeDot Posts: 230 Member
    geminiagre wrote: »
    Agreed. Even though I do not play much with them, I really miss the option. I loved supernatural back in TS3. And the sims making magic was one of my favs. I really want to see witches and fairies making a comeback and even maybe LOTR styled elves. And if all of them have the same concept of powers with vampires I think they are gonna be the best we ever had

Yes! Based on vampires I can only look forward to whatever they choose to release! But I want more supernaturals so I hope the next one is not the last
  • Options
    Duende wrote: »
    Firstly, I'm very glad this is being discussed because I do share your love for the Occult. Moreover, I am incandescent at the way us aficionados have been brushed aside for the favour of the Legacy and Realist players. I also have a terrible sense of dread that they will probably only create witches and werewolves while discarding the other occult states. I would like to hope that does not occur, but hope does only good to prolong the torment of suspended disappointment. Dreamer, Pagan and Fantasy-aficionado Simmers would all agree thatit is time. It is time for the bell tower clock to chime (a new object in build mode for such would be nice) at the witching hour and let us have the advent of The Supernatural. It's been five long years and
    Oh how I long to hear the howl of werewolves. Just see the flicker of fairies zipping in flight. To feel the burgeoning toil and trouble witches are stirring up in their cauldron... this would mean the world to many of us. So how long must we remain in this drought of realism and not have our thirsts for magic quenched? That is reserved to be answered by EA or the Maxis Team.

tenor.gif?itemid=12026064

Yaaaaaaas! All of this! I 100% agree
  • Options
    QueenMercy wrote: »
    Yeah, I’m also worried they’ll skip most occults because a loud minority really hates them. Some people just have no sense of wonder. I really want faeries, real plantsims, werewolves that won’t get stuck in their wolf form, sims who can use magic (maybe not as a separate lifestate, especially since we can’t change that in cas), ts3 genies, and mermaids-especially if we could make more than one kind (imagine an octopus themed one!)

I’d also love to build more plumbots, and an android lifestate would be cool.

Yeah I really hope they upgrade the plant Sim. It's overdue.
    I also voiced my ideas in the ideas corner about what I would love to see in a mermaid occult game pack because they deserve to be fleshed out!
    With Detroit become human I became in love with robots and androids, it would be neet to see them in TS4
  • Options
    DreamaDoveDreamaDove Posts: 393 Member
    I want better, scarier, ghosts. What we have now is just transparent sims :/
  • Options
    DreamaDove wrote: »

True dat. Especially evil ghost Sims should be scarier than good ghosts
  • Options
    DuendeDuende Posts: 175 Member

@DreamaDove what you said reminds me of poltergeists. I think they would be a clever addition to The Supernatural Expansion which would then compliment the need of the Ghost Hunter career! I would probably make Dean and Sam from the CW "Supernatural", on TS4 and have them commensurate the number of vampires and "evil ghosts" roaming in the worlds. But just imagine the splendour if they made an actual full expansion pack with Supernaturals all fleshed out. Oh just imagine

tenor.gif?itemid=5606266
  • Options
    QueenMercyQueenMercy Posts: 1,680 Member

Yeah, especially since they have all of the same needs as a regular sim. It sorta made sense in ts3 because they could have ghost babies, but these are just boring. I appreciate the different abilities though.
  • Options
    annaliese39annaliese39 Posts: 2,797 Member
    I love playing occults and really hope we get more soon too, particularly werewolves and witches.
  • Options
    Winifred_WillowWinifred_Willow Posts: 423 Member
    Duende wrote: »

@DreamaDove what you said reminds me of poltergeists. I think they would be a clever addition to The Supernatural Expansion which would then compliment the need of the Ghost Hunter career! I would probably make Dean and Sam from the CW "Supernatural", on TS4 and have them commensurate the number of vampires and "evil ghosts" roaming in the worlds. But just imagine the splendour if they made an actual full expansion pack with Supernaturals all fleshed out. Oh just imagine

tenor.gif?itemid=5606266

That would most definitely be awesome! I would love for the ghosts to be actually scary and for there to be an active ghost hunting career. One can only hope!
  • Options
    dreamprisonerdreamprisoner Posts: 1,221 Member
    edited November 2018
    There were some twitter polls about them earlier this year, so it seems like they're on the dev's mind. Witches were leading the vote.
    CeCeDot wrote: »

Definitely agree with this. I've always liked the idea of ghosts being able to possess sims as well.

Personally, my ideal would be -
    Witches GP &
    Mermaids, Werewolves, Fairies & Improved Ghosts (+ghost hunters) in a Supernatural EP.

• Options
    NyteRoseNyteRose Posts: 1,672 Member
    I would really like to have fairies and alchemy skill back. Witches are ok, I never really played them but if they're done as well as Vampires were, I would check them out. Hope fairies are as equally well done if they come back.
    It can't rain all the time- Eric Draven, The Crow
  • Options
    luxsylvanluxsylvan Posts: 1,922 Member
    I haven't played with many occult sims, but I think I'd like to try. I didn't have any Sims 2 or 3 expansions (except for seasons&nightlife in 2) so I never really had much opportunity to try them out, except for yearsss ago. Given how infrequent random aliens are in my game, abduction or otherwise (and I play without MCCC), I really don't think adding occult sims would be an issue. If you don't like them don't buy them, and if you have to have every pack, I still don't think it's a big deal, because in my experience, occult sims are curable if you don't want them to be occult (or mods). And I remember when 4 came out I was livid because they hadn't included ghosts. I prefer playing occults like plantsims (not these fake sims 4 plantsims), aliens, and ghosts/grim reaper (also not as good as 2, personally), but I wouldn't have an issue with the addition of werewolves, witches, or fairies. Fairies I'd probably really love, actually (and alchemy WHAT didn't know that was a thing. Somehow I missed this with 3. Reminds me of medieval, which I loved with my whole heart). But I agree, it's something that hasn't been given as much attention as it should have because of the vocal minority.
  • Options
    AshtontoAshton22AshtontoAshton22 Posts: 1,797 Member
    There were some twitter polls about them earlier this year, so it seems like they're on the dev's mind. Witches were leading the vote.

Definitely agree with this. I've always liked the idea of ghosts being able to possess sims as well.

Witches GP &
    Mermaids, Werewolves, Fairies & Improved Ghosts (+ghost hunters) in a Supernatural EP.

Should possession give red points to the Sim being possessed or would it depend on the personality of the ghost Sim?
  • Options
    RememberJoyRememberJoy Posts: 1,139 Member
    I think we will for sure get witches, but a new type of occult I'd like to see is Elves. They could be like fairies without wings because unless the fairies can hide their wings, I really don't want a bunch of sims with wings flitting about my worlds. It's nice when they blend in with other sims. In fact (in my opinion) I think all future occult sims should continue having the option to have a disguise as I got tired of seeing occults everywhere in Sims 3.
  • Options

Witches GP &

I'm aware of the polls! I voted in them. But that doesn't mean all of them will come unfortunately..
  • Options
    meenakshimeenakshi Posts: 46 Member
    fan.gif      

• Options
    ceyricceyric Posts: 1,584 Member
    The Sims 3 Supernatural was my favorite expansion so the lack of occult Sims really sucks.
    keep on keepin' on
  • Options
    LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    edited November 2018
    I’m both a supernatural player and a “realist” or “domestic” and family player, so I’ve been enjoying the realistic stuff so far, but I’m still waiting for a few of my favorite occults to re-appear in the Sims series one day.

There was a Twitter poll on Supernaturals, so I do feel we may get some of them, but I guess it really depends on whether or not the devs get enough resources to create them. I sure hope so!

I feel Sims 4 was missing a lot of realistic basics (like toddlers), so that was why I wasn’t bothered that lots of realistic stuff came first. The issue I have is that things are coming slowly in smaller packs, so it will take longer for anything else to come out, like occults.

I just hope more supernatural stuff comes out in between. My favorite supernatural beings are mermaids and fairies, so those are the main two I am really anticipating.

I like witches and werewolves, too, but not as much as I do the mermaids and fairies. If witches and werewolves come out, then I would welcome them as well. :smile: The other occults outside of the ones mentioned are not usually my thing (except maybe genies), so I’m not as excited about those other occults.

But, here’s to hoping we eventuallly get some more supernaturals to satisfy supernatural simmers and (us Simmers who do both realistic AND “domestic” supernatural play). :smile:
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • Options
    ceyricceyric Posts: 1,584 Member
    ceyric wrote: »
    The Sims 3 Supernatural was my favorite expansion so the lack of occult Sims really plum.

Lol, I completely forgot that word was censored! I need to start posting here more again lol
    keep on keepin' on
  • Options
    I’m both a supernatural player and a “realist” or “domestic” and family player, so I’ve been enjoying the realistic stuff so far, but I’m still waiting for a few of my favorite occults to re-appear in the Sims series one day.

There was a Twitter poll on Supernaturals, so I do feel we may get some of them, but I guess it really depends on whether or not the devs get enough resources to create them. I sure hope so!

I feel Sims 4 was missing a lot of realistic basics (like toddlers), so that was why I wasn’t bothered that lots of realistic stuff came first. The issue I have is that things are coming slowly in smaller packs, so it will take longer for anything else to come out, like occults.

I just hope more supernatural stuff comes out in between. My favorite supernatural beings are mermaids and fairies, so those are the main two I am really anticipating.

I like witches and werewolves, too, but not as much as I do the mermaids and fairies. If witches and werewolves come out, then I would welcome them as well. :smile: The other occults outside of the ones mentioned are not usually my thing (except maybe genies), so I’m not as excited about those other occults.

But, here’s to hoping we eventuallly get some more supernaturals to satisfy supernatural simmers and (us Simmers who do both realistic AND “domestic” supernatural play). :smile:

I'm sure the poll was a way for all type of Simmers to show which supernatural is best received by all (witches) but I don't want the others to disappear of the table like werewolves and robots. I know I might be asking too much to let most occults return with their own pack, but I hope not since we have 3 more years of the Sims 4 left
  • Options
    Tremayne4260Tremayne4260 Posts: 3,126 Member
    Like Toddlers, Supernaturals take time to properly add to the code. I'm sure they started with Aliens and Vampires as "test subjects" if you will to see how others could be added. I would like to see another "Supernatural" EP like Sims 3 with some fleshed out interactions for Aliens and Vampires (like Parenthood for Toddlers) and the return of Witches, Fairies and Werewolves.
    Second Star to the Right and Straight on 'til Morning.