Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Worrying where to buy your next Pack, or are you afraid to buy Sims 4 Get Famous? Why?

Are You afraid to buy Get Famous still? Why?

Below is help for some recent chats & questions. We may want to discuss to feel better about buying our next pack.

a chat from EA's helper
It seems that you have contacted us today as you wanted to know if you could buy from CDkeys.com for our Sims Games for Origin.
Is that correct?
Akash
I will check that for you quickly.
Stormsview
ty, this will be posted on the Sims forum as well they asked
Akash
Stormsview there are no issues with the retailer you have mentioned.
Akash
Please check the Link below for the most updated information on that:-
https://help.ea.com/en-in/help/faq/where-to-buy-ea-games-v2/
Akash
Though I could not comment on any offers & promotions by the third party retailers.

we'll give you a full refund. Just make sure you make your request within 24 hours after you first launch the game, within seven days from your date of purchase, or within seven days from the game's release date if you pre-ordered, whichever comes first.
Who said EA doesn't have a sense of humor

Comments

• Options
    StormsviewStormsview Posts: 2,603 Member

Trusted retailers What do the link say? I found a link. from EA. But I am still afraid to buy?
    This list of third-party websites or companies is for informational purposes only. EA assumes no responsibility with respect to the selection, performance, and use of information or products found on these or other third-party retailers and websites.

Worldwide

Valve/Steam
    Asia

Amazon Japan
    Europe

Amazon France
    Amazon Germany
    Amazon UK
    Game UK
    GameStop EU
    North America

Amazon
    Best Buy
    GameStop
    Target
    Walmart

WHAT ABOUT OTHER PC DIGITAL RETAILERS?
    Purchasing EA PC digital games from unauthorized sellers holds a variety of risks. The following information can help you protect your account and yourself.

Our games are sold at various online and in-store retailers across the world, but there may be some risks involved with purchasing from some unauthorized retailers including putting your account and personal information in danger.

At best, you might receive the wrong product or language version of a game you buy.
    At worst, unauthorized websites may be phishing for your EA Account or payment information. This can result in losing access to your account or fraudulent activity happening to your payment details.
    Additionally, any illegally obtained games and Product Codes will be disabled by us, and access to the product will be lost
    we'll give you a full refund. Just make sure you make your request within 24 hours after you first launch the game, within seven days from your date of purchase, or within seven days from the game's release date if you pre-ordered, whichever comes first.
  • Options
    1ovemysims1ovemysims Posts: 57 Member
    No retailer is going to mess with Electronic Arts. I prepay there all the time. Never an issue.
  • Options

I was afraid to buy my new car. But I bought it, And I love it, and I will buy Sims 4 Get Famous, I have no intentions on Missing out on Get Famous. I just know it's going to be great :) . So afraid? not anymore.
    My plan is not to get caught up in a lot of negativity. Sure some things need fixing, but my game works very well. I hope it stays that way.

As for this style game Sims is number one for me.
    If your looking for beautiful homes for Get Famous just check out the gallery.
  • Options
    IrishSimmer21IrishSimmer21 Posts: 464 Member
    I wonder why the EA Chat staff member said there’s no issue with CDKeys when a SimGuru has said EA doesn’t approve and accounts could be locked if they buy from there. I’m currently looking for a refund from CDKeys and I want to buy it on Amazon or Origin instead now.
  • Options
    IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    I wonder why the EA Chat staff member said there’s no issue with CDKeys when a SimGuru has said EA doesn’t approve and accounts could be locked if they buy from there. I’m currently looking for a refund from CDKeys and I want to buy it on Amazon or Origin instead now.

Because EA chat honestly knows very little and I would never rely on them for advice.
  • Options
    x4m1r4x4m1r4 Posts: 3,901 Member
    IceyJ wrote: »

Because EA chat honestly knows very little and I would never rely on them for advice.

But, I think the EA staffs (I'm referring to the support staffs) are very knowledgeable and should know the product very well in order to give us any advices, so that is why they are there for us.. I rely on their information because we can have a copy of the chat transcript (which I always do in any services that I have in any sectors) and use that as our proof. On the other hand, anyone can delete the twitter, unless, it has been saved by someone as a proof of the confirmation. Plus, if the account has been locked, we can't get the Guru to unlock it right? We need to get the EA support staff to do it for us... :)

While, to purchase the products from any sources is totally depending on us because there are always disclaimers whenever we purchased from any sites or basically anywhere.
    OID:- x4m1r4
  • Options
    edited November 2018
    xamira99 wrote: »

But, I think the EA staffs (I'm referring to the support staffs) are very knowledgeable and should know the product very well in order to give us any advices, so that is why they are there for us.. I rely on their information because we can have a copy of the chat transcript (which I always do in any services that I have in any sectors) and use that as our proof. On the other hand, anyone can delete the twitter, unless, it has been saved by someone as a proof of the confirmation. Plus, if the account has been locked, we can't get the Guru to unlock it right? We need to get the EA support staff to do it for us... :)

While, to purchase the products from any sources is totally depending on us because there are always disclaimers whenever we purchased from any sites or basically anywhere.
    Yes, it would be nice if the support staff was very knowledgeable about the product but that's not always the case. If they don't know the answer to something, they'll Google it or take a best guess. CS agents read from a script and sometimes lead people astray with misinformation. That doesn't mean they're always wrong, but I'd be very careful about taking their word as gospel.
  • Options
    x4m1r4x4m1r4 Posts: 3,901 Member
    xamira99 wrote: »

Yes, it would be nice if the support staff was very knowledgeable about the product but that's not the case. If they don't know the answer to something, they'll Google it or take a best guess. CS agents read from a script and very often lead people astray with misinformation. That doesn't mean they're always wrong, but I'd be very careful about taking their word as gospel.

Then, they are not fit to be the EA support staffs unless that is one of their SOP... And they have to be aware that anything is being recorded. Not that I don't want to take the Guru's words... but, I'm sure it is not in their job description to tell us that our subscription/account has been terminated or about the reliable sources to purchase the products. Although, they can do that out of their concern. By now, EA should acknowledge that the players prefer to purchase from a third party, because the prices currently offered are not equal to the value that they get.. or simply just because we want to have a better deal, like myself.

Even if the EA support staffs have to read from the script.. then, it is from the EA itself.. :) And same goes with the Guru's words, we have to be careful not to take their word as gospel too.. I kinda hate that we are, or me personally been scared about to doing anything. I have been dealing a lot with the support staffs, from Apple, O2, Amazon, eBay, Game, banks, many more... and they are the sources that I can rely on if I want to get help or support on my purchase or product..TBH, I never experienced any misinformed or unreliable sources from any of the help that I get from any support staffs... although most of the time, the support staffs are from the outsource companies, and my apologies if you encounter any bad experience before.
    OID:- x4m1r4
  • Options
    NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member
    Not afraid, I will just be waiting until it reaches a price point that I believe it is worth. For me, that is no more than $10. I always wait for sales anyway. Never purchase anything at launch. But then, I do that with a majority of purchases.
  • Options
    SimsFinest1SimsFinest1 Posts: 326 Member
    I usually wait for a sale. Especially with the holidays coming up. Im banking on a black friday sale or something similar. Only waiting a few weeks can get you a better deal!
  • Options
    1ovemysims1ovemysims Posts: 57 Member
    I don't mind the wait. I once waited for a sale on Sims titles on Origin. I waited months, ended up saving a total of $10,00. The long wait was not worth it. BlackFriday I can do. I'm in need of quite a few more game packs so a good sale will be just right for me.
  • Options
    HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    They probably say they don't support it because issues can happen between you and that seller. Or you could be given wrong info from that seller. It's not up to EA to smooth those issues that could happen out. It isn't up to them to advise you on if something goes wrong. If the key is wrong for instance you have no call to complain to them... you go back and deal with who you purchased it from.
    Not supported doesn't mean it won't work it means they don't have to get involved if it doesn't for some reason. It means their support doesn't have intervene or "support" you with problems.
    egTcBMc.png
  • Options
    CupidCupid Posts: 3,623 Member
    edited November 2018
    I wouldn't trust an EA chat rep. Anyone purchasing from a non-trusted retailer should be aware of the risk involved. People have in the past had their games removed from their accounts because the codes they received were fraudulent. I'm not saying whether or not to do it, just to be aware of the potential risk.
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)
  • Options
    Kniga_SitaraKniga_Sitara Posts: 414 Member
    Cupid wrote: »
    I wouldn't trust an EA chat rep. Anyone purchasing from a non-trusted retailer should be aware of the risk involved. People have in the past had their games removed from their accounts because the codes they received were fraudulent. I'm not saying whether or not to do it, just to be aware of the potential risk.

Please, I wish meet only 1 people who have remove game from account! Only one is enought, but all only say "once upon time was people..."

• Options
    Zeldaboy180Zeldaboy180 Posts: 5,997 Member
    Are you worried about cd keys? I bought with them to gift sims 4 Vampires to a friend, worked just fine.
    e68338c368f106ae784e73111955bd86.png
  • Options
    CupidCupid Posts: 3,623 Member

Please, I wish meet only 1 people who have remove game from account! Only one is enought, but all only say "once upon time was people..."

I mean.. here's 27 pages of people who had this happen to them with TS3 packs. The same thing can happen with TS4 ones.

Of course there's no guarantee that bad things will happen, but I think everyone who chooses to go with an unapproved retailer should at least be aware of the risk so that they can make an informed decision. Maybe that's crazy, though
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)
  • Options
    Noree_DoreeNoree_Doree Posts: 1,470 Member
    Not afraid to buy... I just don't want it.... right now I don't know... I Might get it later who knows 🤷
    "Bada su the gorn bada su the brawn bada bady oda aba donk donk donk gerbits gerbits vo gerbits".
  • Options

I mean.. here's 27 pages of people who had this happen to them with TS3 packs. The same thing can happen with TS4 ones.

Of course there's no guarantee that bad things will happen, but I think everyone who chooses to go with an unapproved retailer should at least be aware of the risk so that they can make an informed decision. Maybe that's crazy, though

EA is not just leaving us out here without help. If you have a name of a retailer it takes but a few minutes to go to ea.help. and ask. They do give us a list. Also, read the reviews of the retailer it should be lots of reviews and had been in business for years, if not buy from Origin or from the list.

I only asked EA help about just one retailer CDkeys.com. they said they did not have a problem with them.

Maybe some retailers do not mind smaller profits, some may think that they may make money by selling more because their prices are lower.

But if its unknown I would not take someone's word just ask EA help.
  • Options

Truth is I mostly buy from Origin, then Target, but I have done business with most stores on the list in my area. So I already trust those stores.

If the retailer is not the problem it could have been the person's payment information. If that type thing is not settled quickly I am sure the retailer will remove that game code.

Just please go to the link EA is giving you so much information on buying games and 3rd party retailers, they are trying to help you stay safe, not just for their games but for any thing you are trying to buy.
    https://help.ea.com/en-in/help/faq/where-to-buy-ea-games-v2/

Most Simmers are experinced at gaming and buying games. Most know where they plan to buy.
    But if your a pre-teen or a teen , or even a first time Simmer I would say Get your parents help, or stick to the list from EA in the link in your area of the world.
    duble check you payment information that could be a big problem. Make sure its all updated.
  • Options
    BingBangBingBongBingBangBingBong Posts: 68 Member
    Not afraid, I will just be waiting until it reaches a price point that I believe it is worth. For me, that is no more than $10. I always wait for sales anyway. Never purchase anything at launch. But then, I do that with a majority of purchases.

Same. There’s usually a 50% off sale about a month or so after an EP launch and I pick them up then. If Target did a 50% same day sale with Get Famous like they did with Cats and Dogs, that might get me to buy it. If not, I’m waiting for the holiday deals. Don’t know how you got EPS for $10 but I would like to learn your ways lol
  • Options
    NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member

Same. There’s usually a 50% off sale about a month or so after an EP launch and I pick them up then. If Target did a 50% same day sale with Get Famous like they did with Cats and Dogs, that might get me to buy it. If not, I’m waiting for the holiday deals. Don’t know how you got EPS for $10 but I would like to learn your ways lol

I said this one is only worth $10 to me based on all the information we know about it. Some other were worth more, but I never pay full price for the game content.
  • Options
    KathykinsKathykins Posts: 1,892 Member
    I'll buy from the same retailer I always do, unless I buy straight from Origin. I usually have gift cards in that store, so its not a tough decision. I'll see where the pack goes on sale first, Origin or retailer.
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,698 Member
    I'm just going to purchase it through Origin, like always. I've long since lost my skepticism of DLC. I'm just wondering if I pre-order on Thursday, if that's soon enough to be able to download and install the game early?
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    I'm just going to purchase it through Origin, like always. I've long since lost my skepticism of DLC. I'm just wondering if I pre-order on Thursday, if that's soon enough to be able to download and install the game early?

No one can download and install early, unless using a VPN to trick Origin. If you pre-order, Origin will just show that you own it but downloading won't unlock until the official release time (most likely midnight.)
  • Options

wow, Sims will look more like the online worlds, I hope this is in Get famous. One thing you have to learn how to use that type camera. and back up a bit lol.

https://youtu.be/seMXnyIxQTw

I like this a lot, I am sure it will be more perfected soon. Next everything will have to look more real up close.