Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How long does it take a vampire to turn?

pamy1124pamy1124 Posts: 525 Member
My two sims got Vlad to bite them and it's been two days and they still haven't turned. Also I thought their hunger bar was impossible to fill while they were waiting to turn? My sims keep eating and filling their hunger need, is this why they haven't turned yet?
tumblr_mepseko5hO1r4j4oj.gif

Comments

• Options
    DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,602 Member
    Yeah, about 2 days.
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    WingardimLeviosaWingardimLeviosa Posts: 204 Member
    I think it took 3 days for my sim to turn. What I noticed was every time she ate she would act disgusted and her bar didn't fill up all the way.
    C0gfE.gif
  • Options
    I think it took 3 days for my sim to turn. What I noticed was every time she ate she would act disgusted and her bar didn't fill up all the way.

My Sims don't act disgusted and their bars completely fill. I hope my game isn't glitched...
  • Options
    pamy1124 wrote: »

My Sims don't act disgusted and their bars completely fill. I hope my game isn't glitched...

I don't think it happened immediately. I think it was more of a gradual thing, but I'm not sure.
    C0gfE.gif
  • Options

I don't think it happened immediately. I think it was more of a gradual thing, but I'm not sure.

Did your sims die of hunger? How was it when they turned?
  • Options
    KHS12KHS12 Posts: 3,023 Member

I would try it again then because there should be an "Uncomfortable" moodlet caused from the side effects of the bite.
  • Options
    KHS12 wrote: »

I would try it again then because there should be an "Uncomfortable" moodlet caused from the side effects of the bite.

My Sims have the appetite lost mood let and the hungry moodlet, they then go and eat and it completely fills. Ugh, this is frustrating
  • Options
    edited January 2017
    They finally turned after 3 sim days! I had to starve them and keep them away from food.... they kept trying to eat :/
    Post edited by pamy1124 on
  • Options
    steviewasheresteviewashere Posts: 47 Member
    They finally turned after 3 sim days! I had to serve them and keep them away from food.... they kept trying to eat :/
    Yeah I read somewhere that it was about 36 hours ish and I think eating food just makes them sick
  • Options
    They finally turned after 3 sim days! I had to serve them and keep them away from food.... they kept trying to eat :/
    Yeah I read somewhere that it was about 36 hours ish and I think eating food just makes them sick

That's so weird cause my sims did not get sick :/
  • Options
    I'm glad they finally turned for you. :)
    C0gfE.gif
  • Options
    I'm glad they finally turned for you. :)

Thank you, me too. Clearly I'm not very patient lol. I was just worried since they kept filling their hunger need, I was worried my game was glitched. Turned out it wasn't I guess :smiley:
  • Options
    Pipersfun2Pipersfun2 Posts: 710 Member
    mine hasn't turned yet and it has been 3 days. err
    while we are playing them,WHO IS PLAYING US?
  • Options
    RumancekRumancek Posts: 558 Member
    three days
    That an uppercase i at the end of my name, not an L! Do not @ me with the L.
  • Options
    Pipersfun2Pipersfun2 Posts: 710 Member
    interesting, the symtomes are back on day 3, gave birth to a boy, and on day 4 a girl. she didn't even show :p:# the husband is still miserble. weird 4 days so far.
    while we are playing them,WHO IS PLAYING US?
  • Options
    Pipersfun2 wrote: »
    interesting, the symtomes are back on day 3, gave birth to a boy, and on day 4 a girl. she didn't even show :p:# the husband is still miserble. weird 4 days so far.

I found that I had to purposely starve my sims for them to turn. Otherwise they kept filling their hunger need. Maybe that's why they haven't turned yet?
  • Options
    EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,937 Member
    For me, it takes 1 and a half day.
  • Options
    edited January 2017
    EgonVM wrote: »

That's so weird. It seems like the time it takes varies from game to game... I haven't tried to turn any other sims yet so maybe I'll do that tonight when I come home from work to see how long it takes other sims to turn, if it takes them 3 days as well or longer/shorter than that.
    Post edited by pamy1124 on
  • Options
    duhboy2u2duhboy2u2 Posts: 3,290 Member
    edited January 2017
    I've turned three of my sims and it hasn't been the same length of time for any of the three. I think it may be tied to their hunger bar. The faster they starve to death, the faster they turn I think? It was three days for my first, a day and a half for my second and just over 2 days for my third. Maybe that's a bug though and it should be on a timer...

Did your sims die of hunger? How was it when they turned?
    Thats the weirdest part. My first sim actually fell on the floor and 'died' without grim coming but the other two just sort of changed standing up with no death.
    Loving yourself is the most simple and complicated thing you can do for you.
  • Options
    EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,937 Member
    EgonVM wrote: »

That's so weird. It sims like the time it takes varies from game to game... I haven't tried to turn any other sims yet so maybe I'll do that tonight when I come home from work to see how long it takes other sims to turn, if it takes them 3 days as well or longer/shorter than that.

It's same in all the saves in my games. So I think it really veries from game to game...
  • Options
    MacainianMacainian Posts: 6 New Member
    I can't get my sim to turn into a vampire! Its been like, 3-4 days! Im making my sim not eat too much! It wont work!
  • Options
    MacainianMacainian Posts: 6 New Member
    > @EgonVM said:
    > For me, it takes 1 and a half day.

ugh! Your Lucky!
  • Options
    TheLunaMoon_12TheLunaMoon_12 Posts: 5 New Member
    I think it depends on the sim for how long they take to turn. Most sims I've found turn in 1-2 days, but I've had some who turn in 3 or 4 days. Maybe it's something about their sim id. Hopefully this helps. Currently, I have a sim waiting to turn into a vampire (she has the 'appetite lost' moodlet) and it only took a couple hours to switch from stage to stage, while I also have another sim turned at the exact same time who is in the second stage currently.