Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Aliens and Normal Skinned Children

So, I decided to play with genetics for my alien baby. I used the father and his wife as the sims. She has brown skin and green alien hair.

Her husband has pink skin. I played with genetics with her and her husband and only the green skin shows for all my rolls.

I thought I was just unlucky with my rolls, but they had 4 kids and all alien skin.

Now her son is ready to reproduce and I've played with genetics with multiple females and all green skin. I've checked alien percentages and the son is not 100% and neither is his green skin daughter.

Am I missing something? I usually have success with brass blending buti feel like I'm missing something.

All other genetics seem to have passed down look and hair vary, just not skin.

Anyone know how to fix this?

Comments

• Options
    TreyNutzTreyNutz Posts: 5,780 Member
    edited November 2018
    Are you using any mods that affect genetics? (One of the NRass StoryProgression modules does this - Population maybe?).

In general though, the determination of whether a sim is an alien or not is determined by the amount (percentage) of alien DNA. Anything over 20% is an alien, and those sims should get the alien eyes, powers, and I usually get the alien skin. In my experience at least. The percentage of alien DNA can be determined with MasterController (possibly needing the Cheats module).

I have no idea how NRaas MC's Play with Genetics deals with alien skin tones, which is what I think you are referring to. (But I could be mistaken.) When I want to change an 2nd+ generation alien child's skin tone I use MC to change it to one of the birth parents' skin tones, or take the infant into Edit in CAS and change it to whatever I want.
    Post edited by TreyNutz on
  • Options
    igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    Afraid I'm going to have lodge a complaint here, over the use of the phrase "normal skinned." Normality is subjective. If an Alien is speaking, it's everyone else whose skin is not "normal." :)
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • Options
    MinxMinx Posts: 1,221 Member
    @TreyNutz Once you change the skin tone to something other than alien, does it pass down? I may just manually go in and it so it in cas instead of the play with genetics way and see if that works.

@igazor Aliens are in no way normal. They are abnormal! Complaint denied! Humans are superior species!
  • Options
    edited November 2018
    Ah yes, there is that 21st century earthling mentality showing up again. I still want to pat all of you on the head and tell you everything is going to be okay. But would you guys just hurry up and evolve already? :p
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
  • Options
    MikezumiMikezumi Posts: 49,697 Member
    @igazor Are you trying to tell us something? You being an alien would explain a lot! ;)
  • Options
    TreyNutzTreyNutz Posts: 5,780 Member
    Minx wrote: »
    @TreyNutz Once you change the skin tone to something other than alien, does it pass down? I may just manually go in and it so it in cas instead of the play with genetics way and see if that works.

I don't know. When I've taken alien infants into CAS to change the skintone it's usually because they didn't get the alien one (due to an old version of NRaas SP), or because I want to make the alien skin they were born with darker or lighter. So, the opposite of what you want to do.

Either the game will pass the skintone you give your sims, or the game will use the alien DNA percentage to pick the alienskintone. I'm not sure how NRaas StoryProgression's Advanced Genetics handles for alien offspring, if you are using that feature.
  • Options
    puzzlezaddictpuzzlezaddict Posts: 1,877 Member
    igazor wrote: »
    Afraid I'm going to have lodge a complaint here, over the use of the phrase "normal skinned." Normality is subjective. If an Alien is speaking, it's everyone else whose skin is not "normal." :)
    Ah yes, there is that 21st century earthling mentality showing up again. I still want to pat all of you on the head and tell you everything is going to be okay. But would you guys just hurry up and evolve already? :p

And yet, look at your avatar. Instead of setting an example and promoting appreciation for the diversity of all sentient lifeforms, you simply adjusted your own selfsim's skin tone to blend in with the neighborhood population. So now whose perspective needs to evolve?
  • Options
    comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    edited November 2018

And yet, look at your avatar. Instead of setting an example and promoting appreciation for the diversity of all sentient lifeforms, you simply adjusted your own selfsim's skin tone to blend in with the neighborhood population. So now whose perspective needs to evolve?

yes you should be proud
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • Options
    edited November 2018
    yes you should be proud

This is totally beside the point and not really anyone's business, but for those who must know I most certainly did nothing of the kind. I was born that way (edit: I mean this way), and you have no way of knowing what any percentage of my DNA or that of my parents might be. :angry::p
    Post edited by igazor on
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
  • Options
    ParyPary Posts: 6,871 Member
    edited November 2018
    @igazor unmasked -

5rmXmfl.jpg
    Sims 3 Household Exchange - Share your households!
    PoppySims Archive
    InnaLisa Pose Archive
    Devolution of Sims - a once customisable open world sandbox which has become a DLC Party catalog in a shoebox
    I ♡ Pudding
  • Options
    MinxMinx Posts: 1,221 Member
    Guess I'll just give it a go and see what happens.
  • Options
    comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    yes you should be proud

This is totally beside the point and not really anyone's business, but for those who must know I most certainly did nothing of the kind. I was born that way (edit: I mean this way), and you have no way of knowing what any percentage of my DNA or that of my parents might be. :angry::p

lol
    more for sim kids and more drama please