Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What's the first thing you'll do after you get "Get Famous"?

Comments

• Options
    PegasysPegasys Posts: 1,135 Member
    Keep my existing sim/sim family in their current world but have them visit Del Sol Valley.
    I changed my mind and I'm going to start a new save. I made a new sim (very loosely based off of Ally from A Star is Born) last night and moved her into an apartment in San Myshuno. She is a music lover and is going to slowly rise in fame based off of her piano and singing skill.
  • Options
    ManakoHimeManakoHime Posts: 285 Member
    Something else (feel free to describe).
    At this moment in time, I have created a sim and have put her in a trailer in Newcrest. As I am a little disappointed about how small the new world is, I am doing up Newcrest and using that as my main world and I will use Del Sol Valley as something else, I just don't know what yet lol.
  • Options
    dsefdsef Posts: 1,219 Member
    Keep my existing sim/sim family in their current world but have them take up one of the new careers.
    already made a single sim which I'm not touching until the EP comes out
  • Options
    happyopihappyopi Posts: 1,355 Member
    Create or download a new sim/sim family to try out the new careers & Del Sol Valley
    I will create a test save to explore new content while waiting for my mods to be updated.
    When everything is working, I'll go back to my regular save and add the new things to it as I play.
  • Options
    lsnishilsnishi Posts: 2,714 Member
    Wow, it's interesting how simmers are planning to start out with the new pack. I was going to play around with the lots and maybe build something. But some folks have very definite and elaborate plans already. :)
    PDWxp40.jpg
  • Options
    KiaraSims4ModsKiaraSims4Mods Posts: 2,782 Member
    Starting an entire new game. Im going to start next week on adding my fav. Sims to all worlds. Soon as I bet Dol Sal Valley, im adding my sims to the Pinnacles!
  • Options
    Simtown15Simtown15 Posts: 3,952 Member
    Keep my existing sim/sim family in their current world but have them take up one of the new careers.
    I'm hoping my sims will have a child by then that will try the new career, but I'll probably keep them in Windenburg because it's bigger and has snow.
  • Options
    BusufuBusufu Posts: 1,966 Member
    Keep my existing sim/sim family in their current world but have them visit Del Sol Valley.
    Can't wait to discover the Starlight Boulevard with my Sims and meet some Stars! B)
    Sul Sul!
    On my blog (German) you'll find two completed vampire stories 🦇 and an ongoing ghost story 👻.
    I'm also posting about my I'm surrounded by idi🤪ts! - challenge, in which I've now reached gen 9.
    Thanks for stopping by! 👋
  • Options
    MekoSharkMekoShark Posts: 161 Member
    Build a really nice mid-century home w/ objects from my previous packs and the new ones from this pack.
    Sharks need love too 🦈

• Options
    SimsandraSimsandra Posts: 315 Member
    edited November 2018
    Move one of my existing sims/sim families to the Del Sol Valley to try out the new careers & Del Sol Valley.
    I have two sisters, who are just ready to move out to Del Sol Valley and become actresses, they will live together in a small house. I already decided who will be the famous one^^ The other sister will be unsuccessful and maybe it will affect their relationship in a way.

Their brother will become a known cop, their other sisters a beauty youtuber, a fitness youtuber (I hope it's possible, if not she will be a cooking youtuber), a style influencer and a musician. Their granddad is on top of the politics career, so he will become famous with a bad reputation.
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    I'll be using my current save/family to test out the new world and see if there's anything I really need, then I'll modify my template world accordingly. I'll also be updating houses in that file with the Mid Century Modern furniture, especially in Oasis Springs where I have a couple of MidCentury/Eichler neighborhoods.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    Cynel1Cynel1 Posts: 1,389 Member
    Simsandra wrote: »
    I have two sisters, who are just ready to move out to Del Sol Valley and become actresses, they will live together in a small house. I already decided who will be the famous one^^ The other sister will be unsuccessful and maybe it will affect their relationship in a way.

Their brother will become a known cop, their other sisters a beauty youtuber, a fitness youtuber (I hope it's possible, if not she will be a cooking youtuber), a style influencer and a musician. Their granddad is on top of the politics career, so he will become famous with a bad reputation.

or in this case infamous
  • Options
    SimsandraSimsandra Posts: 315 Member
    Move one of my existing sims/sim families to the Del Sol Valley to try out the new careers & Del Sol Valley.
    Cynel1 wrote: »
    Simsandra wrote: »

or in this case infamous

Thanks^^ english isn't my first language and it's 2 in the morning for me, so I was not sure about "infamous" being a real word 😅😅
  • Options
    Ravager619Ravager619 Posts: 3,738 Member
    This time, I had to go with something else. I just built what I'd call a "mini mansion" on a 20x30 lot, and I used a lot of high end base game items and Vintage Glamour items for the interior. The exterior looks like a modern home build with a turret on the right front. I was inspired to do that for my Zatanna sim I created. There's no magic in the game, so she's a pianist. I have a large piano in the upstairs loft, and she's the one I'm going to make famous in about two weeks.
    "That person who helps others simply because it should or must be done, and because it is the right thing to do, is indeed without a doubt, a real superhero." - Stan Lee
  • Options
    Keks_MilchKeks_Milch Posts: 513 Member
    To do in my starting save file:
    Remove all the buildings and replace them with gallery ones.
    Give all the new townies a makeover to fit more in my game.

:s
  • Options
    KuroiKuroi Posts: 137 Member
    I'm already building lots for Get Famous that I will fill with the new stuff we're getting. But the first thing I will probably do is moving my Jennifer Lawrence look-alike and her family to Del Sol Valley. She as already mastered the entertainer career and has full charisma and fitness, so I hope she will do fine as an actress as well.
  • Options
    RepoRepo Posts: 344 Member
    The first thing I will do is go into a save I have just for testing lots and have a look at the new world, lots and sims, then have a closer look at build buy objects on a empty lot. Next, I will take one of the test families into CAS and have a look at that. I spent this last week working on a new save (I just threw a sim in there), fixing offending townies and placing/amending lots. All I need to do with the new save before playing is fix the new townies if needed, make a new sim using the new content, and decide if I'm going to use an existing home in Del Sol Valley, or if I need to build one.
  • Options
    InuMiroLoverInuMiroLover Posts: 1,184 Member
    I want to move one of my families out to Del Sol Valley, but how Im going to do it Im not sure. The families that have a sim destined for stardom are all pretty set in their homes and moving them out wont sit right with me. Especially since most of them are too well off for Mirage Park but too poor for the Pinnacles. Im strictly keeping Mirage Park cheap and the Pinnacles for wealthy celebrities. (Another reason why I dislike the few lots is because there's no neighborhood I could use for a "middle class")

But anyway, what I might end up doing is having a new generation of an established family start off their lives in Mirage Park. Ive got a couple Sims in mind, particularly a teenage 6th gen Landgraab whom I was thinking would be a entertainer. (Not sure though since there's a convoluted drama there regarding who takes control of the family house and clan, and )

I doubt someone will be made an actor right away. I need a plan for that, and I haven't gotten around to seeing which of my most played sims will be actors. Until then, I'll probably be exploring the world and mechanics with my sim. There's alot of story ideas Im getting, so the 16th cant come soon enough!
  • Options
    drakharisdrakharis Posts: 1,478 Member
    I have the fame mod that is out already and has been out for a while. They need to really do something to not make me regret removing the mod and replacing it with the official pack. Which is something I have never had to do before. Yes, I will be comparing the official pack to what the mod does.

First off I will start a new game. I will definitely build and work on getting my sim/s famous. I will have have a vampire household because that is what I mostly play and see what I can do with the mod.
    Playtesting - not just tabletop games and card games any more. Really that should have been playtested in Beta and not [img]just with accounting and marketing but actual players. https://i.imgur.com/t48COW6.jpg[/img]
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,570 Member
    edited November 2018
    I've already got a Sim groomed to become a famous singer in my game. After the livestream on Nov. 6, I hope to realize whether I'll need to upload them in their current state of readiness into My Library, to place them into a new game save. I have a question regarding reputation. I just watched a brief video for the Sim Camp and Graham Nardone said something that made me wonder if a Sim has to be new in order to activate the reputation. I'll know more aftere the livestream, I hope. I don't wish to start from scratch, because I have had him singing since he was a child and his singing skill is way up there, if not maxed. Other things, like his Charisma were aftificially altered by using MCCC, which is a script mod that won't work after the coming Patch. So, perhaps, I'll load the family into My Library, as a backup anyway. I am hoping instigating the whole reputation thing is caused by something a Sim does and not necessarily something you can punch in through CAS, although that would be cool, too.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,570 Member
    lsnishi wrote: »
    Wow, it's interesting how simmers are planning to start out with the new pack. I was going to play around with the lots and maybe build something. But some folks have very definite and elaborate plans already. :)

That's because some of us were already attempting to create fame in our games via a couple of mods.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    ldmarkoldmarko Posts: 5,487 Member
    With my current save I'll probably evict the premades from DSV & remove any celebrity lot traits. That's because it's a family rotational save, so I don't really do the active careers in it. I do plan on setting up a new save this weekend, dedicated to the active careers, with single sim households only. I still haven't done the vet career or own a restaurant & the science career is the only one I've made it to the top in, so this will be a really good chance to branch out & get more creative with my play.
    Gallery ID: LDM2
  • Options
    paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    With every new pack I get, comes the endless hours of Sim updating with all the Sims I've ever made (that's around 300+ and counting). I won't even get to everything else in the new pack until I've updated every household with the fame and reputation they need. Plus it's always good to look at the new CAS clothing and determine which Sims must have the new items on them to wear!
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • Options
    UnicornzUnicornz Posts: 226 Member
    I'm going to make a sim famous!
  • Options
    LoveeBriiLoveeBrii Posts: 35 Member
    Start building a lot/lots using all the new items & terrain tools.
    Start building a lot/lots using all the new items & terrain tools. I cant wait to start using the terrain tools. I've been waiting on this forever it seems. I'm excited and ready to finish my celebrity house I started building, but will finish after the release of the new pack.
    <3 Origin ID: LoveeBrii