Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Ultimate Reason Why We Need a University Expansion

Just with the recent announcement of Get Famous, all those rumours and speculations about University Life being the next expansion are now being “debunked” or obliviated somehow. But it won’t stop me for hoping that Uni Life would come next in the near future since I just had a thought of a very big reason of why we really “need” this expansion, I intentionally used the term “need” since that it is the only way for an expansion that I really know that could potentially bring back many of the noteworthy features and objects that we didn’t get from the previous EPs in the sims 4 and some of the things that I would personally like to be introduced alongside with the typical features like the college themed stuffs and the university itself that would come with it.

Here I made a short list of those things and with some reasons on it.

Bunkbeds- I doubt that we’ll get this feature as a free patch somehow or get this object soon unless a Uni EP is announced. And aside from the many animations that’ll with come in this object, I think Uni is the only hope that we have that would bring back bunkbeds since Uni always come with dorms and frat houses and roommate stuffs of some sort. Besides, the whole theme of a university pack could perfectly fit to this item.

(PS. Then I don’t really know what I am talking about atm)
(PSS. Oh Lawd! I just found out that bunkbeds also got introduced in TS3 Generations, I just always thought that they were base game items though.)

Slow Dancing- I know that a lot of us hoped for slow dancing to return with the seasons ep, Then I got shocked the moment that I discovered that it won’t come with that pack, I mean like what’s the purpose of celebrating a Love Day then. Anyways, since college life often involves prom nights, it would be perfect to add this to the whole aspect of celebrating prom nights not just for young adults but also for teens.

Music Bands- Apparently with the recent announcement of Get Famous again, I saw some people who also got disappointed when they heard that bands will not come with that EP alongside with modeling. But wait, don’t lose your hopes down there brothers and sisters, since have you ever asked yourself if how could you live a university life without those typical famous school bands in it. And University Life is the only way that I know that could bring back bands and some musical instruments such as electric guitars and drums. So CHEERS!!!

(And wait there’s more, if we’ll be getting a chance to make our bands a full active career, specifically meant for teens, and have the ability to choose our own bandmates, this is where the reputation and fame system in Get Famous would get handy with this *Oh Jeeze, I’m so genius*)

Small Telescopes¬- Have you ever realized that the telescope that we currently have in game are so enormous and even the kids can’t use it. And I’ve been seeing people who were wishing for this to come back (myself included). And for that reason, imagine if we can put our small telescopes in our small terrace instead of placing it on our yards so our kid sims can do their homework with it. similar to what they’ve done in the rodent cages.

Backpacks- Haven’t you noticed that the sims have been walking in more than 8 styles now aside from the default walkstyles that we have in CAS (I’m guessing 20+) from being tense to carrying toddlers to walking carefully during blizzards. And I’ve remembered that the sims in TS3 had the ability to carry a backpack while walking and ain’t that gonna be easy for the team to work for it again? I really do think so, and hey! Doesn’t the sims in the sims 4 now have the ability to multitask or something. So please, bring back our pretty ole backpacks in the game @SimGuruGrant. *phew*

Apartments (Buildable)- Ehem Ehem… *coughs* Apparently, apartments were introduced in the City Living EP and is one of the main key features of it. Unfortunately, it only gave us the option to ‘find’ and ‘live’ on our perfect apartments. And wouldn’t it be great to reintegrate apartments again in University alongside with dorms and roomates? And also the ability to build an apartment from scratch to begin with.

HIP-HOP/RAP Radio Station- Wouldn’t it be the perfect timing to bring back HIP-HOP/RAP music genre in the game with University? Rap songs are now getting more and more popular nowadays specially in teens and even in some corners of the world who don’t normally and widely listen or adore such genres like South East Asia. And btw, Pop Song is already dying in my whole honest opinion. Ariana Grande is apparently the only hope of the POP music genre to revive it anyway. *clearing throat* and enough of that.

BTW I would personally like to hear some of the unique voices of Post Malone, 21 Savage, Future, and Cardi B and have it in game and in simlish.

New Arcade Machines¬- I don’t really like the way that the Get Together EP came with a single arcade machine only and had completely missed the whole opportunity to add more of these objects for the game. I just really missed having so many of these back in the old days and it would be great to bring back this things again.

Again, this is just my thought and please feel free to ask something in case if i forgotten to add some more! :smile:
y'all got bread?

Comments

• Options
    TheIntrovertSimmerTheIntrovertSimmer Posts: 641 Member
    These are all great, and are all things i'd love to see, but I think a couple of these would most likely be found in different pack. Such as slow dancing ( But I do agree that if we finally get prom or something similar then they can't not add slow dancing) I feel like this would better suit a romance styled pack. And I can see music bands etc being put in its own pack. It's not that I wouldn't love for these to all be added to a university pack, I just don't realistically think they would add all this plus the actually university themed stuff, but obviously I hope i'm wrong with that. :smile: School of Rock :joy:

I definitely think that they should add roommates with a uni/ school related pack, but I would prefer the ability to build apartments to be part of a base game update since that would have better suited coming with city living.

I'm really hoping that they will explore other ages of education and not just university this time around. I would love a preschool and to also go to school with my child/teen sims. I also feel like an education pack would be a good time to add another life stage, as the teens we currently have look about the right age for college, not like 13-16.

Bunkbeds and backpacks are a must have for me though!! :smiley:

I'd love for arcade machines to come in pack that has an actual seaside so that your sims can go play a range of different types machines like the 2p machines, claw machine, whack a mole and the strength testing one :joy: But I get why they could come in a uni pack :smile:

Smaller telescopes, I'm sure I saw a tweet where grant said they wanted to make those smaller, so maybe we might get that for free some day!

And of course I'd love more radio stations.

I'm hoping that we will finally get some contact sports as well, plus cheer leading and other things like that. I feel if they did an education pack that focused on other school stages we could get things like school plays and a proper music room and other school related activities.

y'all got bread?
  • Options
    MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    I don't want us to be forced to have our sims live on campus if they attend uni. It's unrealistic for some of us. In my state, most people live at home when they first attend uni, and the rare dorms are not commonly found on campus, they're usually located in some other part of the city, and are typically only used for students from rural areas, or for international students, and in both cases, it's usually just short term, until they find some other students to share a house with.
    Allowing sims to attend uni while still living at home means that they can have families, take care of younger siblings, and only attend uni for their lectures and such.
    I'm hoping that we will finally get some contact sports as well, plus cheer leading and other things like that. I feel if they did an education pack that focused on other school stages we could get things like school plays and a proper music room and other school related activities.
    Cheerleading needs to be optional, something you can toggle off. It's not a thing here, and so would be unrealistic for anyone who live where it's not a thing.
    And why contact sports? What about cricket? It's a perfectly respectable sport, with no tackling! It involves fun things, like bowling a maiden over, nightwatchman, golden ducks, or the ever impressive Test (a game that goes for 5 days)
    Or football, where the ball is moved around using the foot? I guess they could add aussie rules, but they'd better get marks right.
    Or maybe they could add roller derby, they added rinks, so why not that wild sport?

Slow Dancing
    would make more sense in a romance themed pack.

since college life often involves prom nights
    lolwut? PROMs are an emerging method of assessing the quality of health care.

Uni clubs have pub crawls.
    Secondary schools might have a school dance, but never a prom, and a school formal is usually a formal dinner, not a dance.

Music Bands
    Would rather they be in a separate pack, than wasting space in a uni pack.
    Small Telescope
    Yeah, we need ones that telescope, to become pocket sized. Handy for pirates.

HIP-HOP/RAP Radio Station- Wouldn’t it be the perfect timing to bring back HIP-HOP/RAP music genre in the game with University?
    I'm unenthused. I feel that darkwave, goth and punk would be more appropriate

BTW I would personally like to hear some of the unique voices of Post Malone, 21 Savage, Future, and Cardi B and have it in game and in simlish.

Personally, I'd rather hear Marilyn Manson, Trent Reznor, Gary Numan, Siouxsie Sioux, Robert Smith, Adam Ant, Jay Gordon, Nero Bellum (you probably wouldn't be able to tell the difference between him singing in English, and singing in Simlish)....

AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
  • Options
    x4m1r4x4m1r4 Posts: 3,901 Member
    Another ultimate reason for why we need the expansion is because, education is important! :D

Having Uni or other sorts of institutions could give us a new or a lot of different interaction which will improve our game play.
    OID:- x4m1r4
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    I'm sure there is a University pack in our future. All the rumor was player driven and not anything that the devs had hinted at. Also don't forget, there has been a lot of posts about a fuller, more all education pack instead of just uni. Plus a lot of ideas about night school, on-line classes, elderly classes, etc. That's a lot of info to dig through to create the perfect Education pack. I have no doubt it is in some stage of development.
  • Options
    CK213CK213 Posts: 20,529 Member
    University is part of my Sim-Circle of Life.
    A child grow up to be a young adult, goes to University to be educated, graduates, gets a job, meets their spouse either in Uni or afterwards, have children and those children start the cycle again.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Options
    Kita5399Kita5399 Posts: 2,112 Member
    I’m waiting for a Uni pack too.. I’m really hoping it comes with pool tables and new careers (education, law, etc).
  • Options
    Kita5399 wrote: »
    I’m waiting for a Uni pack too.. I’m really hoping it comes with pool tables and new careers (education, law, etc).

If they try to make the Uni pack more of an Education pack, things like pool tables might be better suited to a HOBBIES pack.
  • Options
    Kita5399Kita5399 Posts: 2,112 Member
    Dannydanbo wrote: »

If they try to make the Uni pack more of an Education pack, things like pool tables might be better suited to a HOBBIES pack.
    I’m sure you’re right, but I can hope. In TS2&3 I always made a bar/bowling alley/pool hall for the Uni students to hang out in, and meet new Sims/potential dates.
  • Options
    ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    Young Adults were added for University explicitly. So I would like to say they will add University to TS4 eventually but who's to say? They've waited this long, they might not ever add it.
  • Options
    Dannydanbo wrote: »

I’m sure you’re right, but I can hope. In TS2&3 I always made a bar/bowling alley/pool hall for the Uni students to hang out in, and meet new Sims/potential dates.

So did I, but, until we get pool tables, we'll make do with a bar/bowling alley/foosball hangout. Although I'll probably add a laundromat just for looks.
  • Options
    ManakoHimeManakoHime Posts: 285 Member
    I need it and I want it. Those are the only reasons I need lol :D
  • Options
    LittlBowBubLittlBowBub Posts: 1,745 Member
    Movotti wrote: »
    Cheerleading needs to be optional, something you can toggle off. It's not a thing here, and so would be unrealistic for anyone who live where it's not a thing.
    And why contact sports? What about cricket? It's a perfectly respectable sport, with no tackling! It involves fun things, like bowling a maiden over, nightwatchman, golden ducks, or the ever impressive Test (a game that goes for 5 days)
    Or football, where the ball is moved around using the foot? I guess they could add aussie rules, but they'd better get marks right.
    Or maybe they could add roller derby, they added rinks, so why not that wild sport?

We don't have cheerleading here either which is why i'd like to see it in the game, the sims have the uniforms in game already and I think the animations for it would be really fun to see. I used the term 'contact sports' to simply refer to sports where sims have to properly interact with one another and not solely an object. I didn't list a wide variety as I obviously would love to see many different sports added and I couldn't possibly list them all. All the sports you have listed are great and I would like to see them also.

lolwut? PROMs are an emerging method of assessing the quality of health care.
    Uni clubs have pub crawls.
    Secondary schools might have a school dance, but never a prom, and a school formal is usually a formal dinner, not a dance.

Different places have different things traditions and take on other countries traditions as well. I had a prom and I think many parts of America have lots of proms and dancing throughout the year as well.

Anyway, I was hoping they would expand on different education stages so a lot of the things mentioned would fit in some place or another :smile:
  • Options
    DBClaytonDBClayton Posts: 74 Member
    As a current college student, I'm not sure if I'd like this or not.
  • Options
    MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    We don't have cheerleading here either which is why i'd like to see it in the game
    and we need the option to be able to toggle them off... or make horror stories, in which cheerleaders meet untimely ends.
    the sims have the uniforms in game already
    What pack did they come it, cos I haven't seen them.

I used the term 'contact sports' to simply refer to sports where sims have to properly interact with one another and not solely an object.
    Rugby or Aussie Rules would be the best contact sports, but I sadly doubt they'd ever add either.
    All the sports you have listed are great
    Of course they are, I wouldn't have listed them otherwise! :p

Different places have different things traditions and take on other countries traditions as well. I had a prom and I think many parts of America have lots of proms and dancing throughout the year as well.
    And we do not have proms, and our dances tend to be more casual. Which is why if the concept was to be added, it had better be labelled as a 'school dance', and the player be able to change it to whatever they want. Even better would be for the player to set the dress code, the music genre, the venue, the decorating, the food and drinks, ect. Make it fully customisable, so that each player can make it as they want it to be... Or even remove the event from the calendar, if they choose.

Anyway, I was hoping they would expand on different education stages so a lot of the things mentioned would fit in some place or another :smile:
    More active schooling would be nice. Kindergarten for toddlers (real kindergarten, not american kindergarten), primary and secondary schools, all with more options, more things to give the player more control over the style of their sims world.
    I really want uniforms to be an option, with multiple styles of uniform to choose from, cos no kid attends school here without one.

AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
  • Options
    LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    All the OP's things are things I'd like to see in future packs but I don't see hugely how they'd have to be tied to a University pack.

I feel like a pack based on University would be more like making School an active career.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • Options
    LittlBowBubLittlBowBub Posts: 1,745 Member
    Movotti wrote: »
    What pack did they come it, cos I haven't seen them.

I think they are base game and come with the athletic career? I'm not 100% sure though, I think there is also a mascot outfit as well :smile:

And we do not have proms, and our dances tend to be more casual. Which is why if the concept was to be added, it had better be labelled as a 'school dance', and the player be able to change it to whatever they want. Even better would be for the player to set the dress code, the music genre, the venue, the decorating, the food and drinks, ect. Make it fully customisable, so that each player can make it as they want it to be... Or even remove the event from the calendar, if they choose.

Since the calendar update/seasons, I feel like they will let us customize events such as school dances/prom and other school related events since they gave us quite a few options for creating our own holidays :smile: At least I hope they will.
  • Options
    ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    If bands were in University knowing Sims 4 they would be shoehorned in and not be what everyone is wanting besides that and apartments your list seems better fitted for high school. College students are more likely to be hanging out at a bar I see a pool table more fitting for university over arcade machines school dances/proms are known as a high school experience as seen in almost every show about teens at some point.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • Options
    marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    i want uni but its one of the last on my wishlist
    Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• Options
    lexus20lexus20 Posts: 1,302 Member
    I'm really hoping for bunk beds and pool tables. I really want those objects back and I think they fit with the University theme. Also, new types of gym equipment maybe.
  • Options
    EdieApplebyEdieAppleby Posts: 134 Member
    It would be very interesting to see how sending a kid off to Boarding School would interact with the Parenthood Pack.