Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How many generations has your family gone through?

124...Next

Comments

• Options
    EricasFreePlayEricasFreePlay Posts: 849 Member
    edited October 2018
    I have made it to Gen 3 in every attempt of a Legacy Challenge I have tried in Sims 2. I have tried in Sims 3 and 4 but lose interest quickly. I had a favorite neighborhood in Sims 2 I was going to try a new attempt in on my last laptop but the battery started dying and wiped the save from my hard drive. I was not happy. I am trying again but it will probably take a while (or I may wait until late December) because of a college class that's about to take up a lot of my online time this semester.
  • Options
    EricasFreePlayEricasFreePlay Posts: 849 Member
    Actually I think I have a copy of my neighborhood from my previous laptop saved on a flash drive but I can't find the flash drive.
  • Options
    minimouetteminimouette Posts: 75 Member
    edited October 2018
    I think my best was 4, and that's including all games from the sims 2 to 4 X3.
    I tend to get bored after the second generation. Also the way the world progression is a turn off after a while because it is also something you need to take care off if you want actual families to thrive and not just single NPCs to replace all premade families that tend to disapear after a while.

I am positive with my actual game though! I have a real progression now unlike my previous game where I tend to make the perfect home right away so I got bored.
    This time I started with a couple of outlaws living off the street, made them get a abandoned house when they got the money, and made them become rich through the black market (well, in the story I told myself with the help of a few mods too lol). Then their son married an other troubled kid from the young offender centre and he kept the business with his wife. When they got rich enough they started an underground restaurant for the criminals of the town. Their son (who have a more balanced character) took care of the business as a teenager and made something decent out of it, taking the legacy out of the criminal world. He kinda fooled around in his 20s tought, until he met a much younger girl from a good family who impressed him with her simplicity and intellect. They just had a son and recently got married. Plus, a second baby is on the way! who knows what the 4th generation will bring. Hope won't get bored XD

here is a preview of the house at the start, I try to slowly upgrade it as the generation pass (bonus: the first generation):

44315861_10155624940941237_1164430569556148224_o.jpg?_nc_cat=108&_nc_ht=scontent.fymq2-1.fna&oh=72bb6fadb5f78606d6cd4fe9c04ae8fe&oe=5C566D9F

44290404_10155624939786237_4460400592904257536_o.jpg?_nc_cat=109&_nc_ht=scontent.fymq2-1.fna&oh=934ed1f064608b209865525370485bf6&oe=5C3CE52E

44324832_10155624945821237_8072805707629461504_o.jpg?_nc_cat=109&_nc_ht=scontent.fymq2-1.fna&oh=972407c9b10e821f06944dfe107f89f7&oe=5C416A3B

Post edited by minimouette on
  • Options
    matherlegacymatherlegacy Posts: 2 New Member
    I installed Sims 4 in August, and currently I'm on Gen 3 (the eldest grandson just aged into a young adult with his girlfriend, and got engaged, so Gen 4 isn't too far away!). To keep it under control I only allow each child to have a maximum of three kids, mainly because I want to play every member of the family and would probably get bored having to play through hundreds of saves ☺︎.
  • Options
    simgirl542simgirl542 Posts: 1,071 Member
    Sims 3: two and if I was lucky, three. Most of the time it would crash around the start of generation 3. Sims 4: I'm on Generation 4 right now. The highest I've ever gotten in this game. I usually lose interest and start a new save or go back to one of my old saves.
    Celebrating 11 years on this forum. Simming proudly since 2001.
  • Options
    HillyBethHillyBeth Posts: 3,505 Member
    edited October 2018
    The Achievement counter in my game says three but that's because it doesn't count elders and their kids as two generations(if you start a save that way), but I'm getting closer to having six generations and just welcomed the sixth child in fifth generation! Like the previous generation, it's equal numbers so far..... Until Finley Parker and his cousin Omar are both married. So far, they don't have wives or kids.
    Origin ID
    HillyPlays
    P.A.C.E- Positive Attitude Changes Everything
  • Options
    karlakoukarlakou Posts: 23 Member
    Gen 4, but it has been difficult to stay interested. I find myself repeating things over and over again. I want some ways to spice up my game a bit?
  • Options
    Here's the family tree for my sims.
    Origin ID
    HillyPlays
  • Options
    karlakoukarlakou Posts: 23 Member
    @HillyBeth I had a sim named Genevieve, too! Also, this is really long- I'm thoroughly impressed.
  • Options
    edited October 2018
    karlakou wrote: »
    @HillyBeth I had a sim named Genevieve, too! Also, this is really long- I'm thoroughly impressed.

Thanks! My birthday will actually be two months since I started the save. I originally began with two sets of elders and they each had one young adult child. The two families met through the welcome wagon and the 'kids' began talking online. Once they both moved out, they started flirting and quickly moved in together. The rest is history. Lol.
    Origin ID
    HillyPlays
  • Options
    AriaMad2 wrote: »
    (Very sorry if I haven’t done this right; it’s my first time creating a discussion) Since I usually play with the long lifespan, I’ve had my main household going for 7 generations! How about you?
    **Update**
    44071313600_2d5d49079d_b.jpg
    Origin ID
    HillyPlays
  • Options
    LoriTSpLoriTSp Posts: 451 Member
    A few months ago I unexpectedly received the achievement for having 100 generations. My game had glitched well before this (after I completed the 10 generations and alphabet legacy challenge), so I thought I had no hope of ever getting to 100 generations. Needless to say, I was quite happy to achieve the 100 Generations achievement :) I promptly saved the household.
  • Options
    QueenofMyshunoQueenofMyshuno Posts: 1,506 Member
    i really struggle with making it to the 3rd generation, i get bored so easily, any tips on how to stay occupied with each generation?

1) I keep a list of events I want to do with my current family and things I'm thinking about incorporating into future families, so that helps me stay focused. For example, I might want them to go fishing, or I might want to stage something that looks like trick or treating. A future idea I have is to have a sim that is a little person (I have a height slider mod).

2) I don't try to hit every holiday or life event for every single generation. Like, for one generation I'll really put a lot of effort into staging their high school graduation, but for the next I'll do something different, like maybe concentrate on prom.

3) Sometimes I want to speed things along, so I might skip the pregnancy and toddler stages and just create a child in CAS so I can start playing.

4) I usually have some plan for my heir, so like for my current one, I knew I wanted her to be a veterinarian, and I never played a vet before, so that made it more fun. For my upcoming heir, I want her to be famous, so I'll get the GF pack and play her with that. Each generation has something new for me to explore.

5) I slowly add new commercial buildings with each generation so that my sims have some fun, new location to visit, and it seems realistic as irl towns grow and change over time. I use Newcrest as an offshoot of San Myshuno, and I use Magnolia Promenade as an offshoot of Willow Creek so I can squeeze more buildings in.

6) I sometimes create new families to come in and interact or marry into my existing families, so that satisfies my need to create new families. It all bends together.

7) I take screenshots and put their stories together in a blog, which makes me want to keep going with the story.

I hope you can use some of these ideas. Happy simming!
    BannerMayNewcrestGradient.png
    On EA forum Stories and Legacies board and on QueenOfMyshuno.tumblr.com
  • Options
    QueenofMyshunoQueenofMyshuno Posts: 1,506 Member
    @FurSimsOfficial Your sims are all so realistic looking! Love them--great pics.
    BannerMayNewcrestGradient.png
    On EA forum Stories and Legacies board and on QueenOfMyshuno.tumblr.com
  • Options
    purplexbutterflypurplexbutterfly Posts: 597 Member
    I got to 5 generations in an old save but then my laptop went kaput and I lost them all :(
  • Options
    MuggyQuasarMuggyQuasar Posts: 169 Member
    I'm on generation three of my Legacy challenge (though my heir's sister has had children so she has nieces, so generation four does technically exist already). This is where I went a bit wobbly on my last Legacy challenge so I'm hoping to push through and get to generation four and see them through. I'm determined to complete this challenge with a perfect score! Also all the way back on the Sims 2, I got to generation five once.
    lgYUYx0.jpg
  • Options
    MuggyQuasarMuggyQuasar Posts: 169 Member
    TuLgV9H.png

This is my family tree currently (including the randomly spawned children of my Sims who moved out, because I'm a completionist). My current heir is the Sim furthest to the right.
    lgYUYx0.jpg
  • Options
    Another birth update:

Valerie Pettit is married to a sim named Lester Lobo and they just had the first set of twins born into the entire family! Their names are Jose' and Milo. Also, due to that CAS aging glitch, Brook ages up to a teen in two days now and her cousin Fuller becomes a young adult in four days!
    Origin ID
    HillyPlays
  • Options
    FurSimsOfficialFurSimsOfficial Posts: 2,362 Member
    @FurSimsOfficial Your sims are all so realistic looking! Love them--great pics.

Thank you! I got really surprised when I got an all blonde family when I started out with two brunettes. I also never thought my sims would look like they do. They all have different and interesting looking faces though. Nothing like the sim I started off with. Can't wait how all of their kids will turn out. Next few kids will probably be from the twin girl that got engaged. Will be interesting to see what comes out of these two:

2lbfhax.jpg
  • Options
    NichuNichu Posts: 35 Member
    Longest ever was 5 gens before my save got broken, I still had the 4th generation on my gallery but I didn't want to go back that far. Currently I am onto generation 2.

My founder (Victoria Greer) was an archaeologist who fell in love with the Selvadoradian Culture and their men. She married one of the natives (Facundo Rojas) and after a while they got a daughter (Avery Rojas) and a son (Trevor Rojas). I moved onto generation two once Avery grew up to be a young adult and Get Famous got released so she could pursue an acting career (and try out the pack), she was always the one for attention. However: the heir of generation 1 (Victoria) decided to have another baby (Markus) without my knowledge and I found out when I went to visit them a noticed a little toddler around the house.
    Simmer since 2000
    Origin ID: yieunn